The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-06-02 04:55:51

FreeLove

R.I.P. Derek Ralph McMahan

http://castledraft.com/editor/Fy5jk7

Some say he hated cats. Others say he mixed concrete for a living. Still others thought he was a distant relative of the late Carl Patrick Miller, who's expansive (and expensive) concrete doghouse was nearly as impressive as this one.

Nobody knew what possessed a man to build a house with so, so many dog doors. Yes, the traps were all disarmed with a mere meat, or a glass of water, but that wasn't the point. It wasn't until you brought 20 meats and RAN OUT before you were halfway through, could anyone truly appreciate this stubbornly principled defense. And add to that design enough open floor, and the wife could be in any corner of the map, surround by… well, take a guess.

And speaking of the wife, she held up her end admirably. Like many abandoned homes these days, the Mrs. stays behind, somehow keeping up with the kids and several dozen pets that remain. Few robbers pay much interest, and such houses tend to linger on for eternity.

…until the night of June 1st, 2014, when a masked stranger found a way to the bunker, and caught her unawares. And now another outstanding house has finally been grounded.

Let us give a moment of remembrance, for a once mighty house that dared to use 100 dogs (and not one toggle)

Last edited by FreeLove (2014-06-02 05:02:16)

I only post because I care <3

#2 2014-06-02 13:41:10

iceman
Website

Re: R.I.P. Derek Ralph McMahan

Is the map supposed to have something other than dogs?

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#3 2014-06-02 13:59:12

FreeLove

Yeah, concrete. It's not mine, though, and I have no idea who built it. I might post my draft after a while, I just want to test my wife-hunting tactics on a few more dead houses first.

I only post because I care <3

#4 2014-06-02 14:03:05

Blip

Oh, yeah, that place. I robbed him ages ago, back before the house was completely trashed. It's been sort of sitting there and accruing bounties for at least a month by now, and was, to the best of my knowledge, unrobbable without tools.

Last edited by Blip (2014-06-02 14:11:29)

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#5 2014-06-02 16:26:01

GotABigTrap

yeah you just needed a few dogmeat to get the vault, I was a frequent visitor of that place

Board footer