The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-07-26 17:59:47

cullman

Castle Doctrine Reboot/Mobile update. Now working on Android and iOS

If you have been following my other threads this is not really new information, but I just wanted to share some of the amazing progress Max has made in the last week.  Basically, we have Castle Doctrine working on iOS and Android both on phones and tablets. You can completely play the game, the only thing that isn't quite functional is you can't suicide right now in the mobile interface, and it is also missing "confirm to move" functionality.  Additionally, on some of the iPhone screens the upper status bar collides with the graphics, and when you exit a house from robbing right now it shows like a strange backpack view, but it doesn't really impact the game.  These are all minor things we will polish up.  We (Max) got done with the Android version a lot sooner than I anticipated.   Next step is to start implementing some of the things we talked about in the reboot thread. We will probably start talking about play testing in the next few weeks.  In the meantime, please enjoy some pictures of TCD on many different devices :

iPhone 4

8ridXIV.png

iPhone 5s (screen shot, not a photo, you can clearly see the status bar issue here).

VYiVuM7.png

iPad mini. Great form factor for the game

nJw6SNz.jpg

Galaxy S Tab and HTC One m8

HiQdW9z.jpg

I've got a Samsung Galaxy S3 on order so we can test with a slightly older Android OS and device as well.

More to come!

#2 2014-07-27 02:38:30

FreeLove

Re: Castle Doctrine Reboot/Mobile update. Now working on Android and iOS

hooray!

I only post because I care <3

#3 2014-07-28 10:55:28

jordi13

Awesome! So looking forward to it!

#4 2014-07-30 22:34:46

ggabri

Looks great!!! I hope eveyone can play it soon big_smile

#5 2014-08-02 02:54:44

mala

i can't wait for it to be done.

great job guys big_smile

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#6 2014-08-10 22:19:28

cullman

Another quick update.  Not exciting enough to merit pictures, but I wanted you guys to know that we (really Max) are still cranking away at the game.  We basically have it completely working on iPhone and Android now, and he has implemented both portrait and landscape modes, I am happy to post pictures if anyone cares.  We have tested it on more devices, right now we know it works on Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Tab,HTC one m8,  Iphone 4, 5s, iPad. As described in other threads we are moving away from the home invasion theme and we are going with a space/robots theme.  You will basically be a Space Pirate of sorts that robs other folk's space ships and space stations.  Now that we have the cross platform stuff in place the next steps are :

- Redo the artwork to match the new theme
- Implement "canned houses" these are tutorial, and non-player houses that can be played offline without risk of perma death for both practice and to rack up achievements (maybe prizes, status, leaderboards, unique special items, or money)
- Implement realms (or neighborhoods) this basically allows people to dual account but doesn't allow your dual accounts to collaborate as you will have a multiple players in different realms/galaxies/systems/neighborhoods but you player in realm 1 can't go and dump tools in your player in realm 2's house.
- Implement special items.  We are getting rid of paintings/auctions (as they aren't really ours to distribute anyway).  We plan to replace them with special unique items, as discussed in another thread.
- Setup our server, website and own forums

I think if we get those things done we will have a game that is worth relaunching, marketing and trying to find an audience before.  If we have any kind of reasonable success we will continue to expand and improve the game.  I am hoping to be in the beta stage in 2-3 months.

Last edited by cullman (2014-08-10 22:20:03)

Board footer