The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-23 09:22:31

Osmium_Planet

I wish there was a tile for...

This thread is for those things we wish were in castle doctrine, even though they aren't and won't be.

For example, I wish there was a gun turret tile. If you are in LOS of the gun turret for 3 steps, you die. It needs to be powered to function, so deactivating it at the right time would make for an amazing trap component.

Also boulders. Moves 1 square per turn along a set line (Defaults in a certain direction) and has the same button pressing capability as an animal.

Also, I really wanted there to be an opportunity to hang paintings on walls. Also to have a graphic for a wall safe. Just so the safe in in a wall.

Any desires of you lot?

#2 2014-09-23 09:44:56

Amatiel

Re: I wish there was a tile for...

I think the game is perfect the way it is. Too much complication is a bad thing and the game is already pretty complex for the average person with power circuitry.

Just issues with cheating is all, and its not new player friendly

Current Name: Darryl Gary Breeden

Died to self test yet again..... FFS..... ill be back

#3 2014-09-23 10:54:23

mala

I agree with amatiel in saying that too much complication will hinder the game potential, but we may add something not so groundbreaking as an automated turret big_smile

we already discussed about a rotary switch that starts in horizontal position.

A switch that requires constant pressure to be make electricity flow.

tripping wire? break on impact, make you waste a turn to get back on your feet.

a bridge. like a rotary switch but instead of directing the power flow, forces you to cross it only horizontally, or vertically if it gets powered

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#4 2014-09-23 11:03:05

Amatiel

being able to rotate the voltage triggered and voltage triggered inverted switches is the only change i can think of that id appreciate.

And its not that huge of an issue really.... and it might have unintended consequences like making more complex circuitry possible

Current Name: Darryl Gary Breeden

Died to self test yet again..... FFS..... ill be back

Board footer