The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#301 2014-12-16 05:51:57

JAAM

Re: The Fortress of Mr. Corey Phillip Smith

eppfel wrote:
Passive wrote:

People have been doing well during the night. I probably should changr the house. But I think I prefer being the robber, and with this much money no one is worth robbing sad

Took me 6 runs. It was a pleasure.
http://i.imgur.com/oDdQHsf.png
And Smith is back^^ I just can't kill him. I think this looks like an terror regime. I will not post the complete map, because it was not solved. But I will keep on revealing it. And I won't change the combinations, so the next time it won't gather that much money again.

Ps: For the cash. I parked it in limbo, because I have a serious bronchitis right now and I don't have the energy to work on a house for a few hours.

Dammit eppfel I go sleep a while and this is what you do?

You are unique, just like everybody else.

#302 2014-12-16 06:34:16

Passive

eppfel wrote:

And Smith is back^^ I just can't kill him. I think this looks like an terror regime. I will not post the complete map, because it was not solved. But I will keep on revealing it. And I won't change the combinations, so the next time it won't gather that much money again.

Ps: For the cash. I parked it in limbo, because I have a serious bronchitis right now and I don't have the energy to work on a house for a few hours.

I'd hardly say Smith is back;

78HWOlX.png

And you got very lucky cracking the combo that quick big_smile

Edit: You lost it already?

kQGtxt8.png

Last edited by Passive (2014-12-16 06:36:53)

#303 2014-12-16 11:10:43

eppfel
Website

Passive wrote:

I'd hardly say Smith is back;

I meant back on the list.

Passive wrote:

And you got very lucky cracking the combo that quick big_smile

Na, had two tries before and knew one button from the previous scout. And I think I know your "pattern" wink

Passive wrote:

Edit: You lost it already?

No, Heck never went home after the robbery, because he knew the police and other robbers would search there first. I think he booked a ticket to Venezuela and waits to come back, until the coast is clear.

#304 2014-12-16 12:46:08

Passive

Tried coming for you again, but after wasting about 8k killing dogs i gave up big_smile

#305 2014-12-16 13:20:37

JAAM

Harrumph I'm going to leave you guys beating each other to death while I build my crappy little house that will hopefully ensnare someone

You are unique, just like everybody else.

#306 2014-12-17 00:21:45

Passive

At Christmas parties tonight, tomorrow and Friday so anyone trying to get my remaing monies nothing will be changing until at least Saturday depending on how my liver is feeling it might be Sunday.  Best of luck.

#307 2014-12-17 04:43:26

voxel

Wow, I don't pay attention for a few days, and both eppfel and matthias are downed! Congratulations on your victorys

But I thought that there wasn't any way to keep an account/house with money in it permanently off the neighbourhood list?

And no, I don't currently have a house up. Too busy.

#308 2014-12-17 17:16:58

eppfel
Website

voxel wrote:

But I thought that there wasn't any way to keep an account/house with money in it permanently off the neighbourhood list?

Not an account, nor a house, but your booty. When you successfully robbed someone, there is the confirmation screen. The booty gets transferred to your vault at home, when you hit return. Exiting though is safe and leaves the money in "Limbo".

#309 2014-12-18 00:17:50

voxel

Genius! I actually had a look at the server code, and it turns out that the booty all gets put in $carried_vault_contents, etc. I wasn't expecting that, as the tools you put into a backpack and take out of your house mysteriously don't have the same protection...

EDIT:
Go_to_town.png

(Still planning to post an enhanced game client. It was delayed because I realised that Import Map function could be used to cheat in subtle ways, which I need to prevent first)

Last edited by voxel (2014-12-18 00:47:14)

#310 2014-12-27 15:02:57

eppfel
Website

The Old Tyrann is dead

So, Smith finally is dead. I was inactive over the holidays and after reading about Milo's bounty, I was looking at new designs in the neighborhood, not really planning to rob anyone, and forgot to power my laptop. So the $20k bounty goes to Mr. Mendez.
VbfgE07.png

The House that Withstood Nearly Everything

Now, I finally have to reveal the map. There were so many brute-force attacks and the house did only fall to a dual account player and Passive, who used a fortune of over $100k to break through. I will explain the last traps later. The mapshot is the version Passive robbed, after that I only cemented the way south.
TMHSEPo.png
I think the secret of it all were two things: First, relying on crowbars for nearly every trap, so robbers would underestimate how many to bring. And second, to use animals – especially cats – to avoid wired walls to cut through and make very precisely timed/choreographed solutions.

Last edited by eppfel (2014-12-27 15:09:17)

#311 2014-12-30 00:47:14

voxel

Alas! It was exactly the end that everyone expected!

Did anyone try tunneling straight to the bottom right and miss the vault? What route did the successful brute force attempts take?

#312 2014-12-30 02:10:53

Passive

voxel wrote:

Alas! It was exactly the end that everyone expected!

Did anyone try tunneling straight to the bottom right and miss the vault? What route did the successful brute force attempts take?

I cam in along the bottom after going the long way round a couple of times. I was trying the bottom a lot early but Eppfel told me off big_smile

#313 2015-01-03 03:38:12

matthias

compact and complex i love it

#314 2015-01-08 15:49:59

mala

your diagonal cat maze at the entrance fits perfectly to complete my corner trap...

sorry bro, but i've stolen your idea big_smile

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#315 2015-01-09 05:40:19

eppfel
Website

Oh, I spent the last weeks only robbing and I saw so many copycats. Sometimes I think I created a monster...

#316 2015-01-09 08:57:59

mala

eppfel wrote:

Oh, I spent the last weeks only robbing and I saw so many copycats. Sometimes I think I created a monster...

it's incredibly compact and functional, with just 2 layers of concrete you can make it unscoutable with 2k starter, and if someone figures out the combination you can just change it with 50$.

i've had a nice compact trap at the bottom left that is really expensive to pass unless you find a cat, and the maze fitted like a puzzle. now my bottom left 10x15 trap costs you no less than 7-8k if you want to force it.

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

Board footer