The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-01-07 20:14:51

JAAM

A 1 time Rob

so i just finished a little bit of robbing and i had a bit of inspiration what about a 1 time rob-able house?

so i went and built one that can not be robbed more than once with less than 2k tools. Its simple and doesn't really contain any actual traps but it should be a nice proof of concept for me.

If anything it should be funny to watch all of you get frustrated at it.

Edit

Oh and thank you to whoever it was that disconnected with a 2.3K bounty in my empty starter house after somebody already tole 1K from it you left me just enough to successfully rob my target.

Currently have 27$ come have a gander.

ok guys why must you confuse me so I have 3 bounties in my place that contains no actual traps. 1 was a 2300 bounty from a guy 1 step suiciding in my empty starter house. i can understand that shit happens. another was an unarmed scout that walked in and fell into a pit. another was a 600 bounty from a guy again, taking 4 steps and walking into a pit.

THIS HOUSE IS NOT A PUZZLE OR A MAZE OR A DEATH TRAP it is a simple proof of concept for a one time rob-able house. while i graciously accept your bounties to use for upgrades and add ons don't test the effectivness of my pits because yes they are deadly.

Last edited by JAAM (2015-01-08 10:35:10)

You are unique, just like everybody else.

#2 2015-01-08 15:41:51

mala

Re: A 1 time Rob

i'm curious about that... how can it became unsolvable after the first successful robbery?

what's your name btw?

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#3 2015-01-08 15:50:46

JAAM

mala wrote:

i'm curious about that... how can it became unsolvable after the first successful robbery?

what's your name btw?

not sure on my name tbh

its actually really simple and i can't believe no one used before (unless it has and i'm unaware). At the beginning a cat sees you runs down hits a button that opens all the doors then dies on an electric plate. You can rob the vault (its just a strait shot no gimmicks). after that the cats dead and the map is saved as is so the button can not be pressed to open the door and thus no vault for you.  just for my own joy i made it exceptionally hard to break through so you must spend a lot of money to break open the doors.

I currently have 16$, wife and kids at the door, cat visible over some pits at the entrance, all next to a powered door.

#4 2015-01-08 15:57:27

Passive

JAAM wrote:
mala wrote:

what's your name btw?

not sure on my name tbh

its actually really simple and i can't believe no one used before (unless it has and i'm unaware). At the beginning a cat sees you runs down hits a button that opens all the doors then dies on an electric plate. You can rob the vault (its just a strait shot no gimmicks). after that the cats dead and the map is saved as is so the button can not be pressed to open the door and thus no vault for you.  just for my own joy i made it exceptionally hard to break through so you must spend a lot of money to break open the doors.

I currently have 16$, wife and kids at the door, cat visible over some pits at the entrance, all next to a powered door.

You are Michael Samuel Ackerman. Has been done before, Eppfel had a very sucsseful one that needed a cat to close a trapdoor, but once it was done once was every expensive too get round. I like the ones that leave a dog right at the door so that first step people get eaten. Most people don't even think and just step out big_smile

#5 2015-01-08 16:00:23

JAAM

Passive wrote:
JAAM wrote:
mala wrote:

what's your name btw?

not sure on my name tbh

You are Michael Samuel Ackerman. Has been done before, Eppfel had a very sucsseful one that needed a cat to close a trapdoor, but once it was done once was every expensive too get round. I like the ones that leave a dog right at the door so that first step people get eaten. Most people don't even think and just step out big_smile

yeah i figured it was simple enough to have been thought of already. I did make a quick castle draft of the layout though for ya http://castledraft.com/editor/KgeRQO

i do enjoy the dog ones too but figure they are mostly done by accident i guess i could make one that is done on purpose but it would be a fair bit of work for something defeated with a single meat. unless i go about making that the only path.... (new designs being drafted.)

Last edited by JAAM (2015-01-08 16:12:02)

#6 2015-01-08 16:16:54

Passive

JAAM wrote:

i do enjoy the dog ones too but figure they are mostly done by accident i guess i could make one that is done on purpose but it would be a fair bit of work for something defeated with a single meat. unless i go about making that the only path.... (new designs being drafted.)

Sometimes by accident. But if i can when robbing i sometimes try and leave houses more deadly, so that they build up some cash/tools for me to come back with. I have previously spent more tools just to take a dog back to the front door before putting it to sleep big_smile

#7 2015-01-08 19:28:01

JAAM

ahh so who was it that planned to wreck my house using door stops? killed my daughter to try and save it but when you came in the house had already been broken, by you... you jerk. you came in with 2k tools to wreck the place after you robbed me for 8$. thats pitiful mate.

9 door stops and a club to wreck the place that you already broke into just for funsies. now that points out a jerk.  fortunately for me no matter how hard you try now and how much of my family you kill in the process you aren't getting past the first door...
now i typically don't call someone out on being a massive dick but this douchbaggary i will not stand for.
Good Day Mates.

Last edited by JAAM (2015-01-08 19:33:36)

#8 2015-01-08 23:33:25

The Syndicate

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die in your house. I am the club in the darkness. I am the watcher on the concrete walls. I am the shield that guards the vaults of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Syndicate, for this night and all the nights to come."

Your arrogance is your downfall

#9 2015-01-08 23:40:15

Passive

JAAM wrote:

ahh so who was it that planned to wreck my house using door stops? killed my daughter to try and save it but when you came in the house had already been broken, by you... you jerk. you came in with 2k tools to wreck the place after you robbed me for 8$. thats pitiful mate.

9 door stops and a club to wreck the place that you already broke into just for funsies. now that points out a jerk.  fortunately for me no matter how hard you try now and how much of my family you kill in the process you aren't getting past the first door...
now i typically don't call someone out on being a massive dick but this douchbaggary i will not stand for.
Good Day Mates.

4k tools to rob $222 but made sure that they used all tools after finding safe. They shall then just die and get another 2k to go be a dick with. @douchebag the community is small enough. But now I see no point in trying to build a house so well done. One less house on the list. If you had the decency to leave a house up for revenge I wouldn't mind what you are doing. 

Any how see every when cullmans game comes out.

#10 2015-01-09 00:07:57

The Syndicate

Building unsolvable houses is a crime. So sayeth the syndicate.

#11 2015-01-09 05:37:18

eppfel
Website

I built an purposely broken house a few month ago and designed the entrance in tribute to the evil 4 doors house of mala. Therefore it was quite deadly and racked up about $20k before it was damaged irreversibly. In it's final stage it had some more doors and a trapdoor as defense.
rsHJdLw.png
PS: Why are you still complaining about douches?
PPS: Hale to the syndicate!

Last edited by eppfel (2015-01-09 05:38:24)

#12 2015-01-09 07:47:05

JAAM

Well it looks you all are having a fun time destroying my house after someone broke it using a ladder club and 9 saws (I'm assuming the ladder was bought so 3900) not bad to assault this place. Someone else (perhaps the same guy) came in and stopped all the doors so I think I'm gonna wait until most of it is destroyed or unusable before restarting.

Still not sure who I pissed off.

Board footer