The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-05 11:49:44

setz
Website

Post your stuck/suspicious pics so we can all discuss?

So I know that alot of us, me included, have been wondering about certain houses and cheaters and how to figure it out. Its frustrating (Jason already confirmed this would be fixed wtih v6) that sometimes when your house is robbed you have to prove its safe again before being able to see the person who robbed you on tape, but then you die while doing this, losing your security tapes forever. So i was hoping we could maybe have a topic that we could post pics of houses we think that are unsolvable or other things and maybe someone could explain or we could have a discussion about to help us all understand?
I know I have run into some houses that I think are impossible to get through and it might be cool to be able to discuss this on the forums? 

And another question FOR JASON, I know that people can cheat when breaking into houses but is it possible for people to cheat while they are "safeing" their own house and in turn submit a house to the server that is impossible?

Here is an example of a house that possibly seems impossible to get through?
Cheat_zps93eee2f0.jpg
This is right at the beginning and hitting the switch that I am on turns on the electric floor making it impossible to pass. I dont think it is a house that has successfully been robbed either and was just left in an unsolvable state. Maybe I am just not seeing something though? Could be. I know when I first started I didn't get a lot of the setups/bit locks in this game and slowly I have understood more and more, but this one really does seem impossible?

Last edited by setz (2013-04-05 11:50:36)

#2 2013-04-05 11:56:17

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: Post your stuck/suspicious pics so we can all discuss?

As admin, I can watch someone's self test to see if they cheated when submitting their house.

And I can confirm that this house does indeed have a solution.  The shrine for the dead spouse is a nice touch!

That thing you're standing on there is actually a wire bridge, not a switch.  So, you stepping on that is not what turns on the electric floor (it must be a timing or position thing, using dogs behind the walls).

#3 2013-04-05 12:12:48

setz
Website

Well I figured that if its not the switch I'm on, then yes, it is dogs behind the walls, but there is no spaces above or below to try and walk? So there is no way that this house has a predetermined "walking route" that has to be followed to get through without turning on the electric floor. Plus there is no way to get by the electric trap doors without having them power on the electric floor right? You cant stand right next to the electric trap doors without standing on the electric floor and if the electric trap doors are activated so you can pass them wouldn't you be standing on a active electric floor? Am I ight or am I still missing something? (if I am missing it still, I am even more intrigued and the beauty and learning curve that this game explores, it truly is something that can be utterly frustrating but extremely rewarding....love it) And thanks for the feedback and responses on the forums Jason, much appreciated.

Last edited by setz (2013-04-05 12:13:44)

#4 2013-04-05 12:24:23

colorfusion

setz wrote:

Well I figured that if its not the switch I'm on, then yes, it is dogs behind the walls, but there is no spaces above or below to try and walk? So there is no way that this house has a predetermined "walking route" that has to be followed to get through without turning on the electric floor. Plus there is no way to get by the electric trap doors without having them power on the electric floor right? You cant stand right next to the electric trap doors without standing on the electric floor and if the electric trap doors are activated so you can pass them wouldn't you be standing on a active electric floor? Am I ight or am I still missing something? (if I am missing it still, I am even more intrigued and the beauty and learning curve that this game explores, it truly is something that can be utterly frustrating but extremely rewarding....love it) And thanks for the feedback and responses on the forums Jason, much appreciated.

You can probably walk back and forth in some sort of pattern to turn it off, my house has a similar kind of thing.

It's probably also made so, after doing the right pattern, you'll be on the electric floor with it all turned off then it will all turn on when you take a step of faith onto the trapdoors; turning it all on and saving you just in time.

Last edited by colorfusion (2013-04-05 12:26:01)

#5 2013-04-05 14:05:26

Nikolajlk

Ah man, that shrine is pretty darn neat. I want a shrine now. Why don't I have a shrine?!

#6 2013-04-05 23:33:34

SJRH

Yeah the leap of faith switch is a classic. As a house designer I would have made it so that you think the floor is off (use an unconnected switch right next to it) and then stepping on it turns it on - much more deadly!

#7 2013-04-06 09:11:18

DrNoid

I usually don't have a shrine because some sick person kills my wife on the doorstep so I have to remove her to allow the kids out.
Could we have moveable corpses?

Board footer