The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#26 2015-01-30 21:46:09

JAAM
Member
Registered: 2014-11-22
Posts: 299

Re: Hightower mansion

mala wrote:
eppfel wrote:

Muhahahaha, if you won't build no new traps for me, maybe wink
No, just kidding. Thought there would be more changes.

i haven't changed much, but i'm now starting to plan my next house and it will take some time. i want to try another approach, i want to try design different traps but with the same exact size, so that they may be switched, reversed, substituted, modified, and so on without modifying the general layout. The idea is to make it so that every trap has multiple exit and solutions, each one denying the others, thus forcing you to follow a single random "solutions path" without getting any hint on vault location.
I think it's a good plan, but i really don't know how much it will take to finish the project.

JAAM wrote:

God dammit mala what is the secret to that place? ive tried 2 of those doors which are not supposed to open and the third one is? what sorcery is this?

before thinking about the doors, you should ask yourself... "am i sure i've got everything right till that point?" "am i missing something?" look closer, everything is there for a reason big_smile



No i'm at least 60% sure i have everything down but the cats and pits. When i go up and start breaking doors all of them were never meant to be opens except the one i was 100% certain was never going to open. FML


You are unique, just like everybody else.

Offline

#27 2015-01-31 14:27:32

JAAM
Member
Registered: 2014-11-22
Posts: 299

Re: Hightower mansion

screams internally at cats


You are unique, just like everybody else.

Offline

#28 2015-01-31 19:25:27

mala
Member
Registered: 2014-02-10
Posts: 415

Re: Hightower mansion

JAAM wrote:

screams internally at cats

it's not the time to be mad at so many cats...


Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

Offline

#29 2015-01-31 23:14:48

JAAM
Member
Registered: 2014-11-22
Posts: 299

Re: Hightower mansion

mala wrote:
JAAM wrote:

screams internally at cats

it's not the time to be mad at so many cats...

Sigh i either know what is going on or give up entirely...
I fear the latter,

Next time i enter with a crow bar will tell all.

from what i understand none of the doors i've opened are meant to be entered by players. No people can cross them

Last edited by JAAM (2015-01-31 23:16:51)


You are unique, just like everybody else.

Offline

#30 2015-02-01 07:13:18

mala
Member
Registered: 2014-02-10
Posts: 415

Re: Hightower mansion

JAAM wrote:
mala wrote:
JAAM wrote:

screams internally at cats

it's not the time to be mad at so many cats...

Sigh i either know what is going on or give up entirely...
I fear the latter,

Next time i enter with a crow bar will tell all.

from what i understand none of the doors i've opened are meant to be entered by players. No people can cross them

you've made a mistake during your early runs, and you're now doing it every time.
(actually the trap is designed so that once you've made that mistake, you'll have an hard time noticing it on subsequent runs)
I can recognize your tapes from the step you take.

again, look closer, now you've tried every doors you've access to, and none of them was more than an expensive wall.
You're left with very few options, and you find yourself cursing cats, and as i said... you're cursing too many of them, start by blaming one, than you'll have the chance to insult the others big_smile


Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

Offline

#31 2015-02-01 09:24:37

JAAM
Member
Registered: 2014-11-22
Posts: 299

Re: Hightower mansion

i think i know what is going on but am too confused on how it works hmmph only one more door i can think of very very sneaky mala. I just hope there isn't too much more after that though.

I will find the tooless solution eventually.

Last edited by JAAM (2015-02-01 09:27:15)


You are unique, just like everybody else.

Offline

#32 2015-02-01 10:04:53

mala
Member
Registered: 2014-02-10
Posts: 415

Re: Hightower mansion

JAAM wrote:

i think i know what is going on but am too confused on how it works hmmph only one more door i can think of very very sneaky mala. I just hope there isn't too much more after that though.

I will find the tooless solution eventually.

you're half way to get to the vault, almost...
the only thing i can assure you it's that the zone you've reached is not a dead end, you're just missing a key factor.


Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

Offline

#33 2015-02-01 11:12:15

JAAM
Member
Registered: 2014-11-22
Posts: 299

Re: Hightower mansion

mala wrote:
JAAM wrote:

i think i know what is going on but am too confused on how it works hmmph only one more door i can think of very very sneaky mala. I just hope there isn't too much more after that though.

I will find the tooless solution eventually.

you're half way to get to the vault, almost...
the only thing i can assure you it's that the zone you've reached is not a dead end, you're just missing a key factor.

damn only half way? is the other half as reletivly strait forward as the first? (1. dance 2. figure out what to do with dance 3.bang head against wall at some cats until you figure out its all some giant fake.)

guess i should start actually mapping the place...

Last edited by JAAM (2015-02-01 11:13:18)


You are unique, just like everybody else.

Offline

#34 2015-02-01 12:00:44

mala
Member
Registered: 2014-02-10
Posts: 415

Re: Hightower mansion

JAAM wrote:

damn only half way? is the other half as reletivly strait forward as the first? (1. dance 2. figure out what to do with dance 3.bang head against wall at some cats until you figure out its all some giant fake.)

guess i should start actually mapping the place...

You still need to pass at least 2 major areas, the path is pretty clear, and no, there's no giant fake big_smile

about the map, how do you solve major houses without it?
i can't even remember most of the basics one after a couple of days...


Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

Offline

#35 2015-02-01 12:00:53

JAAM
Member
Registered: 2014-11-22
Posts: 299

Re: Hightower mansion

nope now i'm entirely baffled... where am i supposed to be going.... i guess i'm going to find out in 2 hours...

wait what...
i wrote that while i was still in the house. now i'm still baffled by what i just saw... life is getting stranger each day...

(btw that was an unintentional pit jump)

Basic check list
Cat room is a dead end...
2nd Dog dance needs further investigating (still ultimately leads to dead end cat room)
After the initial dog dance every door you find gets locked there is nothing that is meant to open...


You are unique, just like everybody else.

Offline

#36 2015-02-01 13:54:52

JAAM
Member
Registered: 2014-11-22
Posts: 299

Re: Hightower mansion

now have a 50$ house up nothing to bad just a little dance could catch someone off guard tho
LETS SEE SOME BOUNTIES!

lol jk


You are unique, just like everybody else.

Offline

#37 2015-02-01 14:58:48

JAAM
Member
Registered: 2014-11-22
Posts: 299

Re: Hightower mansion

Damn Mr. Mccool sure is chill takin that single step and clubbin my daughter like that. Real chill man.


You are unique, just like everybody else.

Offline

#38 2015-02-01 15:09:32

Passive
Member
From: England
Registered: 2014-09-18
Posts: 420

Re: Hightower mansion

JYF5nNO.png

Offline

#39 2015-02-01 15:45:22

JAAM
Member
Registered: 2014-11-22
Posts: 299

Re: Hightower mansion

*whistles softly

did he make it far?


You are unique, just like everybody else.

Offline

#40 2015-02-01 16:38:34

JAAM
Member
Registered: 2014-11-22
Posts: 299

Re: Hightower mansion

oh life is much more interesting now...

cats.....

Last edited by JAAM (2015-02-01 16:39:32)


You are unique, just like everybody else.

Offline

#41 2015-02-01 18:06:07

mala
Member
Registered: 2014-02-10
Posts: 415

Re: Hightower mansion

JAAM wrote:

oh life is much more interesting now...

cats.....

toldya there was something wrong big_smile

@Passive, what happened to the lineville bunker?


Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

Offline

#42 2015-02-01 18:12:07

JAAM
Member
Registered: 2014-11-22
Posts: 299

Re: Hightower mansion

Huh linville is gone Evens is up by 20K

another death?


You are unique, just like everybody else.

Offline

#43 2015-02-02 02:53:14

eppfel
Member
From: Germany
Registered: 2014-02-01
Posts: 324
Website

Re: Hightower mansion

Damn, Linville dead? I was extensively scouting the place with funds of my non-creative but effective house. He totally changed the complete house, because I cracked it in the beginning. Whose house was it again? Passive's?
And the tiny houses killed Robinson, who was the Noble clone.
EtAXIox.png
And does anybody know why それはトラップである deleted his thread? And is he back as Mr Mclain?

Offline

#44 2015-02-02 03:55:16

Passive
Member
From: England
Registered: 2014-09-18
Posts: 420

Re: Hightower mansion

JAAM wrote:

Huh linville is gone Evens is up by 20K

another death?

I dumped the Noble money in Evans as my house relied on having my wife, who someone killed for $1000 at a cost of at least 5 guns.

Offline

#45 2015-02-02 05:46:39

mala
Member
Registered: 2014-02-10
Posts: 415

Re: Hightower mansion

Passive wrote:
JAAM wrote:

Huh linville is gone Evens is up by 20K

another death?

I dumped the Noble money in Evans as my house relied on having my wife, who someone killed for $1000 at a cost of at least 5 guns.

i had something like that, once the family is gone, there's nothing else to do


Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

Offline

#46 2015-02-02 06:25:08

JAAM
Member
Registered: 2014-11-22
Posts: 299

Re: Hightower mansion

hmmm  i don't think it was me i occasionally will kill a wife if a 2K house has it set up wrong or something permits that i make a profit of it. if she was guarded as extensively as you say i probably would have left her alone...

Yet people are inherently bad what are we to do to stop them? build a better trap....


You are unique, just like everybody else.

Offline

#47 2015-02-02 06:26:49

mala
Member
Registered: 2014-02-10
Posts: 415

Re: Hightower mansion

eppfel wrote:

Damn, Linville dead? I was extensively scouting the place with funds of my non-creative but effective house.

and now you're again after my money big_smile


eppfel wrote:

And does anybody know why それはトラップである deleted his thread? And is he back as Mr Mclain?

maybe the post was really hitting new players too much, and he decided to delete it, but i haven't heard anything from him since then.


Passive wrote:

I dumped the Noble money in Evans as my house relied on having my wife, who someone killed for $1000 at a cost of at least 5 guns.

and as far as i can see, you've also done a major upgrade, Evans is now down to 1.7k.

now the next one in line is Davidson with 6.4k.

I have the funds to entirely remodel my house, but the plan is far from being complete, so i'll just try to protect the money a little bit more, without making huge upgrades.


Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

Offline

#48 2015-02-02 06:28:18

JAAM
Member
Registered: 2014-11-22
Posts: 299

Re: Hightower mansion

did you manage to fit another puzzle in there Mala? I noticed the reset and wasent sure what all you changed.


You are unique, just like everybody else.

Offline

#49 2015-02-02 06:29:59

JAAM
Member
Registered: 2014-11-22
Posts: 299

Re: Hightower mansion

mala wrote:

I have the funds to entirely remodel my house, but the plan is far from being complete, so i'll just try to protect the money a little bit more, without making huge upgrades.

Note you have long had the funds to build my entire planned house and then some.


You are unique, just like everybody else.

Offline

#50 2015-02-02 07:23:13

mala
Member
Registered: 2014-02-10
Posts: 415

Re: Hightower mansion

JAAM wrote:
mala wrote:

I have the funds to entirely remodel my house, but the plan is far from being complete, so i'll just try to protect the money a little bit more, without making huge upgrades.

Note you have long had the funds to build my entire planned house and then some.

the money is on the table, come and get it big_smile


Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB 1.5.8