The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-10 20:15:25

mala

am i missing something?

so... i was doing a tour of the neighborhood and i  found something interesting...

i visited an house that looked like the usual giant combolock, there are 10 pressure toggle switches in line linked to a powered pit and the safe right beyond the pit.

you activate every switch and the pit gets powered, but if you jump on the pit you end up dead...

how is that possible? there are no hidden animals, just a bunch of sticky buttons and a door before the switches/pit line.

unless i've been so unlucky to jump just before a clock had the power cut... i can't figure it out.

any ideas?

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#2 2015-07-10 21:06:34

GotABigTrap

Re: am i missing something?

Actually I set that whole thing up today to look completely safe and innocent.  Basically the pit is hooked up to a binary clock that there is no way to test without tools because the toggle switches make it very difficult.  Put in the correct combo and the pit stays closed.  Obviously with a little knowledge it is VERY easy to get to the safe, but I thought it may trick somebody lol.

The whole point was just to try to trick a experienced robber into thinking it was safe.

Last edited by GotABigTrap (2015-07-10 21:07:33)

#3 2015-07-11 04:38:35

mala

Re: am i missing something?

nice big_smile

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

Board footer