The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-13 22:29:37

Passive

Mr Figueroa

Firstly someone must have had a lot of cash sat in limbo (boo) as that is an expensive house.

But more importantly I think it is a lovely house. Sure it is a combo lock. But the fact that you would have to use tools from the very first tile if you were ever gonna use any is very impressive. Would love to see all the tapes of people trying tools only to die instantly smile

#2 2015-07-14 03:24:55

GotABigTrap

Re: Mr Figueroa

I got pretty lucky and robbed a combo lock map for 8k, then I immediately started building out the trap doors/electric floors.  This WAS a house I always wanted to build out but I always suicide by accident on the clock floors.  Also, I had a pretty sneaky early trap - before the house completely finished - I bagged a few high profile bounties with a sneaky trap - 1 for 6000, a few 1000's.  Also, I noticed that somebody was dumping a lot of tools in a few already solved houses and kept a look out for those. 

Yes it is completely true, you cannot use any tools unless you brute force every tile on your way to the vault.  Assuming you have not chosen to brute force the entire path, it also has the absolutely most perfect combo-lock commit ever built, meaning that you only ever get one shot at the combination each visit.

Last edited by GotABigTrap (2015-07-14 03:29:20)

#3 2015-07-15 06:32:35

joshwithguitar

Damn! The luck is with you today Figueroa. Firstly, on my first trip just one square away... then on my next attempt I thought I'd brought one more saw than I needed but forgot about getting it in the right phase. Still, I thought, I'll just have enough. Then for some reason I cut to the right instead of up...

And now your house disappears and comes back again, no longer worth robbing sad.

Last edited by joshwithguitar (2015-07-15 07:04:25)

#4 2015-07-15 07:07:53

GotABigTrap

The absolute downfall of this house is that it is mostly obvious what you need to brute force it; therefore, it will only really hold so much money.  While this is true with any house, I think that this house divulges far too much information.  However, you did find a few weaknesses.  The objective is to require at least 7 ladders to get to the vault, but clearly you were able to find a way around that.

At any rate, I'm glad to see it survived 2 attempts. 

I'm sorry I took it down Josh, but I really don't think you need the money and I obviously do!

#5 2015-07-15 07:15:25

joshwithguitar

Yeah, If I were you I would take control as soon as I could. I guess I'll have to wait for you to get some more money and see how the house improves.

It should not have survived that second attempt... next time I'll bring more tools even if I know I can do it with less. One saw cost me about $30,000 there.

Overall, I'm glad that the neighbourhood is thriving right now and am in no hurray to clean it up. This might be a mistake though if someone else does and then comes at me with the collective wealth of everyone else.

#6 2015-07-15 08:00:11

Passive

I withdraw my comment of being impressed by the house as it has clearly been funded by dual accounts (or a map hack which is less likely). You have entered my house twice. Frist tine for 3 sets. 2nd time someone had done a santa run. (The hiuse has been broken this morning) and you came in we no tools and with no hesitation went striaght at the safe. So the two options are dual account or map hack. It is a shame really.

#7 2015-07-15 14:06:02

GotABigTrap

Okay, I thought nobody really cared about that stuff anymore.  No map hack, but yeah if you have a broken house I may gain information through my friends old account.  If it is a big deal won't do it.  Honestly, most of the money I got to start was because I robbed a combo lock house, then I got a 6k bounty.  On top of that some other bounties.

On a side note, I'm sure some others use duel accounts because I never see them enter my house and then they come in somehow knowing the layout, but to me it was just a greater challenge to protect against.

So what is acceptable?

Last edited by GotABigTrap (2015-07-15 14:07:34)

#8 2015-07-15 15:06:53

Passive

People have different standards. I know eppfel use to have his house account and one to rob with. But never did the two inter twine. And I suppose it doesn't reallt matter with community so small.

#9 2015-07-15 19:38:46

GotABigTrap

joshwithguitar wrote:

Yeah, If I were you I would take control as soon as I could. I guess I'll have to wait for you to get some more money and see how the house improves.

It should not have survived that second attempt... next time I'll bring more tools even if I know I can do it with less. One saw cost me about $30,000 there.

Overall, I'm glad that the neighbourhood is thriving right now and am in no hurray to clean it up. This might be a mistake though if someone else does and then comes at me with the collective wealth of everyone else.

Yeah personally I don't see how I can possibly take you on given your vast resources.  Also, my house is tricky and does require a lot of tools, but it is too easy to map out and too much information is divulged.  Additionally, somebody will guess the combo lock eventually.  I knew going in that my house has serious weaknesses.  I'm trying to find ways of making it better.  I did get super lucky and for that I am grateful that I was even just able to waste some of your money.

Last edited by GotABigTrap (2015-07-15 19:47:10)

#10 2015-07-16 09:42:40

Passive

Well that teaches me to be nosey. Just dropped an ok bounty in your house. Was only meant to be a pre scout but went further than i should have. And my house was worth about 13k at the time sad

#11 2015-07-16 15:38:05

GotABigTrap

Passive wrote:

Well that teaches me to be nosey. Just dropped an ok bounty in your house. Was only meant to be a pre scout but went further than i should have. And my house was worth about 13k at the time sad

I was totally surprised to see Erdmann's 11k bounty.  when I saw it I guessed you had died at the evil cat/dog trap.  The trap is one of those evil traps that has no escape.  Basically, once you step on that tile, if you hadn't put in the combination, you are doomed regardless of tools.  Josh seems to play differently as he always brute forces every single tile.

Last edited by GotABigTrap (2015-07-16 15:40:39)

#12 2015-07-16 18:25:52

mala

due to the nature of the unescapable tiles, you cannot dance safely, you have no choice but to force it from the beginning, or find a way around

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#13 2015-07-16 22:29:07

GotABigTrap

Bah he bit the dust.  I was tring to find a way to require more saws to brute force it, but I had it up to requiring at least 8 ladders.  Was walking around and accidently into a pit.

Last edited by GotABigTrap (2015-07-16 22:29:31)

#14 2015-07-16 23:28:50

Passive

Yea, i was just adding up how many saws i would need. But then went one tile further whilst i got carried away with counting big_smile

Board footer