The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-28 07:52:30

mala

Chang's place

Here we go, another house went down,
i don't plan on using it anymore, so here's the screens before and after JWG visit (such a nice guest to invite home:D)

QtP9ZhY.jpg

fNLtvzA.jpg

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#2 2015-07-28 08:01:45

joshwithguitar

Re: Chang's place

You know, I was thinking about following the first cat from the start.

To think of all the money I could have saved if I'd just done that...

#3 2015-07-28 08:17:52

mala

joshwithguitar wrote:

You know, I was thinking about following the first cat from the start.

To think of all the money I could have saved if I'd just done that...

it wasn't there in the first place, since you were all scouting north, i moved the vault south (after the last dog/pit).

since you had mapped the northern path i moved it to the cat location.

expecting you to check the cat after that, i was ready to move the vault north east, replacing the panic button in the little cat cage, i thought it was stupid enough to maybe trick you one more time, but you've been faster.

waiting for your design to be released big_smile

Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#4 2015-07-28 13:16:02

Passive

Really nice place mala. I always feel a little unimaginative when I see others peopkes maps, as mine are pretty simplistic and normally stolen lol.

#5 2015-07-28 15:50:39

mala

Passive wrote:

Really nice place mala. I always feel a little unimaginative when I see others peopkes maps, as mine are pretty simplistic and normally stolen lol.

thanks, i have the same problem when looking at the blank room.

the great thing about sharing design is that you can always thinker them into something new.
lots of my traps are reinterpretation of older schemes.

right now i'm completely out of ideas, i'd like to build the next house around a single concept, like i did for the luna park, but in the end i cannot find a right balance among: funny puzzle - hard to bruteforce - misleading design.

as JWG proved one more time, there's nothing you can do against a careful and wealthy robber. He had the equipment and the patience to break into every possible location without committing himself or taking unnecessary risks.

Last edited by mala (2015-07-28 15:51:01)

#6 2015-07-28 23:35:44

Passive

Yea. I have a few fun ideas. But they are only fun if people try and solve them and they are pretty weak agaisnt brute force so I doubt people would bother.

I do like an idea which has been floating around for a while of doing mini puzles and you have to solve each of them to unlock the safe roo.. sort of like the tv show crystal maze. however cant think of a safe way of implementing it. Would be a lot easier if there was a tile which was a key that you had to walk over to pick up. then if you have it on you yiu can walk into a corresponding door that would open. but I think that doesnt really fit in the game.

Board footer