The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-07-16 22:45:29

cullman

More Terminal Heist teaser images

#2 2015-07-31 01:59:39

tigey101

Re: More Terminal Heist teaser images

The forums for terminal heist cant send emails and gets an error everytime so I can't register an account.

#3 2015-08-06 22:35:28

cullman

Thanks for the heads up.  I must have the email gateway setup wrong. I will get that sorted as soon as I get back from vacation (Saturday).

#4 2015-08-10 22:02:27

cullman

It's fixed now, thanks for the heads up!

#5 2015-08-10 22:57:49

Passive

Hope you had a good vacation.  And now the real questions any news on Terminal Hiest? I need it in my life lol.

Also not sure if is likely to still be in the build but when I minimise the app and then request open it on my phone he goes all funny looking. Will try and get a screens hot if needed.

#6 2015-08-11 13:20:26

cullman

Yes, lot's going on.  New website coming, Steam Greenlight page coming, Video game trailer coming and Alpha version of the game coming all before the end of August.  I know I have made promises before, but we just raised another chunk of money to pay for our marketing costs and the last round of salaries.  The game itself is done, we just need to bang on the server which was written from scratch.  My hope is in the next 10 days, we will have the website completely up and running and the alpha going, where people can download the game, create an account.  It might take a little longer for the mobile clients to get into the stores, but the code on themselves is basically done.  We are going to add some anti-cheating stuff first and then we will be on our way.  My current thinking (I know I change a lot) is that the game will cost $5 to make a ban due to cheating painful.  Unlike, Jason, I am going to come right out and say dual account collaboration is cheating, and people will be banned for it at the admin's discretion.  We are planning on having a free alpha/beta period.  Anyone that signs up during that period, their account will turn into a paid up account once the game becomes for pay, so there is an incentive to join up and help out during the alpha/beta period.  Once the we are through the beta, greenlit on steam, the mobile games are in their respective stores, we will do another round of advertising and likely run a real money robbery contest.  My hope is that we will be there in the October/November time frame.

-cullman

#7 2015-08-11 14:32:33

Passive

cullman wrote:

Yes, lot's going on.  New website coming, Steam Greenlight page coming, Video game trailer coming and Alpha version of the game coming all before the end of August.  I know I have made promises before, but we just raised another chunk of money to pay for our marketing costs and the last round of salaries.  The game itself is done, we just need to bang on the server which was written from scratch.  My hope is in the next 10 days, we will have the website completely up and running and the alpha going, where people can download the game, create an account.  It might take a little longer for the mobile clients to get into the stores, but the code on themselves is basically done.  We are going to add some anti-cheating stuff first and then we will be on our way.  My current thinking (I know I change a lot) is that the game will cost $5 to make a ban due to cheating painful.  Unlike, Jason, I am going to come right out and say dual account collaboration is cheating, and people will be banned for it at the admin's discretion.  We are planning on having a free alpha/beta period.  Anyone that signs up during that period, their account will turn into a paid up account once the game becomes for pay, so there is an incentive to join up and help out during the alpha/beta period.  Once the we are through the beta, greenlit on steam, the mobile games are in their respective stores, we will do another round of advertising and likely run a real money robbery contest.  My hope is that we will be there in the October/November time frame.

-cullman

Sounds good. Like the idea of the anti cheating stuff. Looking forward to it smile

#8 2015-08-11 15:45:44

GotABigTrap

how drastically are the game mechanics changed??  Do the electronics still work the same way, tool use, etc?

#9 2015-08-12 06:12:43

mala

can't wait for the site to be online.

Have you decided about the ability to rotate voltage triggers?

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#10 2015-08-12 22:10:13

mpenate0

Hey cullman,

My team and I were also thinking of making a castle doctrine-like game. Is this a re-texture mod or does this actually change anything about the game. If it is an actual game of its own, what are the differences between this and TCD, does it fix any of the major gameplay problems in TCD? I was reading some posts where you talked about banning multiple account users, my team and I have thought of ways to make multiple accounts users pointless, and not worth the time or money, thus ridding them. Just wondering about what the plans are for this before we start our project.

Marcus

Last edited by mpenate0 (2015-08-12 22:44:15)

#11 2015-08-17 15:53:22

cullman

So here are the basics on Terminal Heist vs TCD :

- Different theme and tile set.  The main reason here is to make the game less violent.  I think there is a huge audience of kids (like age 10) that play Minecraft that would play TCD if the theme wasn't so violent.  I mean I'm sure the kids don't mind, but their parents probably don't like them playing a game where you can shotgun an 8 year old girl or kill a chihuahua or a cat with a brick.  So while, I love the theme of TCD and Jason's art, I think the audience is limited due to the violent theme.

- Platform support, specifically mobile support.  We support Windows, Mac and Linux just like TCD.  However, we also support iOS and Android.  In fact, instead of an email and a download code, in TH you will have a username and password.  You can use your computer at home for the big robbery, then log into the same account on your phone at work to check up on your house, etc....

- No more random names.  You will have a fixed user name.  This will hopefully cut down on cheating and add some interesting new dynamics to the game (grudges, etc).

- We have lots of plans when it comes to reducing cheating.  At a minimum we will have moderation and banning.

- Originally, no plans for game play mechanic changes.  However, if we do have some success I see us adding new tiles in short order (including rotated version of electronics, etc).

- After the alpha we are going to do a high dollar real money contest just like TCD did.

#12 2015-08-31 09:05:01

AMWhy

This is my first time on the forums for a few months.  Great to see progress coming along Cullman!  Keep me in mind when you are ready for alpha/beta testers!

#13 2016-06-29 07:33:57

LordSora

You tease and don't put out. Why is this so common? :'(

#14 2016-07-07 20:46:42

cullman

I'm not teasing the game is free to play and available right now : http://www.terminalheist.com

I'd say it's about as active as TCD at this point. It's free to play, and we are in alpha going to beta shortly. I know you think I've missed the window on this, however, I quit my day job last week so this has my full attention for at least the next 6-12 months fail or succeed. I'm not worried about the window or the timing as once we come out of beta I plan to spend money on marketing the game, something TCD never did. In fact, I want to appeal to a much broader audience, ergo the theme change and android and iOS support.

#15 2017-12-06 00:31:51

monkey

Hi cullman! I'd really like to see TH succeed and wish you the best with it. What I'd really, really like to see though is an option to return it to the original theme and graphics set.

#16 2017-12-06 18:09:28

jere

^Why? TCD already exists and the TH graphics are quite snazzy and original.

Golden Krone Hotel - a vampire roguelike

#17 2017-12-07 03:06:37

monkey

Sure, the graphics look fine, it's just too abstracted for my liking which makes it harder to figure out and remember what does what to what. TCD is extremely intuitive in the way that objects interact with each other - it is obvious what a brick or a saw can and cannot do. In any case, it turns out you can just copy the game elements folder from TCD over that folder in TH, and most of the game reverts to the original. So I can play on PC in TCD mode, and check my tapes on android in TH mode. Perfect.

Sadly there are only 4 houses to rob on TH at the moment.

Board footer