The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-11-01 14:00:48

Passive

The King is Dead

The King is Dead, long live the King.

#2 2015-11-01 14:34:54

GotABigTrap

Re: The King is Dead

hahaha brilliant.  You got very lucky finding the vault only after you plugged 3 or 4 of the rooms.  There are 26 vault rooms so I was actually hoping it would have taken longer, but it certainly didn't help that I put it in the edges.

Also, I noticed that my house was messed up from the last time I reset it, the lower half of the vault room area was broken, which probably gave you some good hints...

It is funny too because I wanted to come smash your house so many times but I decided to see how long it would take, and what it would take before my money would be stolen...

ps.  Don't die.

Last edited by GotABigTrap (2015-11-01 14:39:35)

#3 2015-11-01 14:55:41

Passive

Yea a lot of the lower half didn't close up. I was starting to get a bit nervous as well, think only had 3 crowbars left out of the 16(?). Got the extra funds from bruting Mr House topped me up just enough for the crowbars. I had found the other cats dead in pits so I thought it would be in the top, but like you say so many possibilities.

Yea I am trying not to. Self test is done, so hopefully it shouldn't be dying any time soon.

Killed a few of the dead house just because I was being nosey, but now looks like I might be the last house standing...

M2UQWGM.png

Also how are you fixed so quickly stood on the welcome matt and could already see like $8000 worth of fixes....

Last edited by Passive (2015-11-01 15:21:55)

#4 2015-11-01 16:46:47

GotABigTrap

^
I  suspected that you would come in soon with a bunch of tools and steal all of my moneys.

several ways.

Tools in my backpack when you robbed me.  Secondly, I had suicide a secondary account in the house.  There was also money in one of the other houses I must have gotten before you took it out.

Last edited by GotABigTrap (2015-11-01 16:49:52)

#5 2015-11-01 17:10:13

mala

wow wow,  i thought it would have last forever with such small community.

did you smashd everything from the very first step or you've found an alternative solution?

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#6 2015-11-01 20:57:52

GotABigTrap

I made a replay of the robbery if anybody wants to see it.

Used a ladder to enter, cut all the way around the pits with saws.  Then in the vault area- I had messed up and my lower half vault system was obviously not where the vault was because the cat had not locked it down.  This saved a lot of work because it basically meant half the vault rooms were probably unused.  Passive worked the top vault area and just looked in all the vault rooms.  Half the map is dedicated to potential vault rooms.  Passive came in with about 70k in tools.  Was able to find the vault with 3 crowbars left...

Had I not messed up my map, he may have ran out of crowbars before finding it.

Last edited by GotABigTrap (2015-11-01 21:13:42)

#7 2015-11-01 23:16:58

GotABigTrap

Hahaha died in morales house.

#8 2015-11-02 00:13:15

Passive

Someone just visited with a surprising amount of tools considering there is no one to rob.

#9 2015-11-02 14:20:25

mala

GotABigTrap wrote:

I made a replay of the robbery if anybody wants to see it.

yes, i'd like to see it, there's lack of good footage of the game, we should have recorded more.

edit: also, any kind of videos may rise interest for the game, bringing new players in!

Last edited by mala (2015-11-02 18:04:12)

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#10 2015-11-02 22:12:47

GotABigTrap

Here it is for your viewing pleasure!  Note that the house is supposed to actually withstand more but I messed up on the bottom vault rooms.  He had a good shot at getting it either way, but it would have taken quite a few more crowbars to search every potential vault location.  There is 28 different vault rooms from what I can remember, and the minimum hallway path, it would take 31 crowbars in the worse case scenario.  So it would take about 100k in tools to gaurentee victory, if the house wasn't partially broken.  I knew it was a matter of time if I didn't smash the competition, but I really wanted to see somebody rob it. 

wELwmIS.gif

Last edited by GotABigTrap (2015-11-02 22:21:23)

#11 2015-11-16 03:34:21

Passive

Well done GotABigTrap. You used your boosted main account to brute most of the house, then used you second account to keep dieing to finish it off and get to the safe. Even though you didn't take the money, it is that sort of thing that makes this game pointless. I have cleared all the money out and you can just play with yourself.

#12 2015-11-16 07:44:34

GotABigTrap

First of all, you survived the attack by my main account, which there was no cheating what so ever.  My main died because I was futzing around in other houses.  At that point I decided to try to solve your house without tools, but anytime anybody gets anywhere in your house or finds your vault you act like an ass. I decided not to take it because I wanted to solve it without tools.

Sorry you just can't handle this game.  When somebody robs me I am overjoyed, but with you it is like you should be playing with yourself.

Last edited by GotABigTrap (2015-11-16 07:46:08)

#13 2015-11-16 13:41:35

Passive

The speed that you rebuild your houses is proof that you cheat with dual accounts. If you had robbed it legitimately I would have been happy. The whole house is a rehash of one of the best houses I have ever seen by Eppfel. The safe was only there while I worked out the rest of the house. And all built without pumping himself with free money.

Wonder how you will fair on Terminal house when you can only have one account.

#14 2015-11-16 17:15:20

GotABigTrap

The stupidest part about it is that my main account robbery didn't even succeed.  It took me over 2 weeks to get 40k in the vault, so then I decide I should try to rob your house.  I didn't even succeed and, according to you, that is cheating.  Yes, I didn't even succeed and you immediately resort to claiming that it was a cheat.  Honestly, don't you think I would have came in with more money than that if I used duel accounts to seed my main account?

If I did I could easily earn 40k in a few days just by suicide in my own house, so tell me, how is getting 40k in over 2 weeks time so unreasonable?   Somebody comes in with 40k of tools now or later.  You had over 300k to play with, but somebody can easily brute force it with 1 ladder, a couple of crowbars, and a gun?  Not to mention, the house is easy to make progress in without tools, but that is besides the point.

I'm sure we'll see when terminal heist comes out... if Cullman isn't just some troll, because I'm starting to doubt that it is even a real thing.  And when it does come out, I have some pretty awesome houses to unleash on it, which is all I need.  Also, I am a damn good robber so, I'm sure I'll nab a good score and then build a baddass house that can hold a shitload of money. Bring it on.

The more that I do to play objectively fair from my perspective, you always scream cheating.  This is the most fucking frustrating part of playing with you. No matter how far I go to be fair or to go easy on you, everything is always map hacking and duel accounting.

I could have demolished your house when I had the 300k of money, but no, I sat there to see what you would do.  I gave you every possible chance to rob my house and when you did I made a video and was like wow that is great.  Then I decided to rob your house once I had accumulated 40k.  I didn't succeed, but I learned some of the puzzles of the house along the way and after I died in my own self test, I tried to solve it.  Needless to say, the puzzles in the house are too easy to figure out once you have seen them that it WEAKENS the house.  At the end of the day, I bet I would have solved it without tools in a few more tries.

The fact is the house is not difficult and could be easily solved with a few visits of a suicide robber.  All it took me was a crow bar and a gun and I'm at your vault.  That would never fly in one of my houses.  I could have took it there and there was no cheating involved, just knowledge that I had gained of your house during previous visits.  Despite the fact that I didn't take it, because I genuinely wanted to try to solve it without tools, you still resort to baseless personal attacks.

The house was decent against brute force, but it was not great either.  On the other hand, it was absolutely horrible when it came to a tool-less approach because you can solve both puzzles at any time without ANY danger.  The first cat puzzle is too simple because there are limited permutations and you can try as many times you want with NO danger.  The second puzzle is very easy once seen and can also be attempted with NO danger.  Basically the majority of the houses defense can be solved without ANY danger.

I purposefully design my houses so that a robber can't extract any useful information from a visit.  Your house, on the other hand, doesn't even attempt to hide information.  In JWG's house, it was extremely difficult to extract information from the house.  I had to rip the entire house apart numerous times to extract the information necessary to understand the puzzle.  This is the flaw in your house, it is far too easy to understand the puzzles once you've seen them.  My current houses and strategy are beyond this because they are harder to brute force, harder to solve without tools, and much more difficult to reverse engineer.

Last edited by GotABigTrap (2015-11-16 21:46:53)

#15 2016-02-13 12:41:48

williad2
Website

I have to agree with Passive on this one.  Assuming you have 4 accounts pumping 6k into each account so you can poke around and map out someone's house is an unfair advantage. 

The reason Jason made each account with a one life limit was to make the game challenging enough for both robbers and builders.  Unfortunately that is not good enough for you.

So you deliberately use multiple accounts in bad faith to thwart the aims of the game.
Basically you are abusing the process, disruptively taking advantage, or otherwise evading the spirit of community consensus.   Its a shame Jason gave up on this effort to enforce the terms of agreement on this game. 

So kudos to you for gaming the system that has an absentee landlord.  Enjoy!

Your allowed 3 steps into my house.  Any more than that and your mine.

#16 2016-02-13 13:40:37

GotABigTrap

I call bullshit.

Lets talk about the story in this thread.  My house was robbed by passive for over 300k.  With the amount of money I had, I could have bashed his house when he had 70k easily.  Fact is, I wasn't even really playing much other than watching my house.  Therefore, I had absolutely no knowledge of his house this entire time.  I actually wanted somebody to rob me with a serious attempt.  When he came, it was awesome that he got my vault, so I made a video.  Watch the video above.  2 WEEKS later I had saved 40,000.  The proof that 2 weeks had gone by is in the post dates above.  If somebody is duel accounting, you can easily make 40k in a day.

Passive decided to accuse me of cheating because I figured out his house after a visit with 40,000 worth of tools in which I mapped out most of the house.  If you look at the posts dates above, it is proof that there was a two week period between the time when he robbed me and when I finally robbed it back.  Please explain to me how this makes me a cheater?  If Passive actually back his words up with actual evidence, he would show the robbery videos of me robbing his house.  He doesn't, because the videos would show that that I spent 40,000 tearing apart the entire house.  You also would see that I went all the way down to the bottom of the house to find it was a red herring.  Then, I tore through every puzzle except the last one on the way to the vault.  This robbery did not even succeed.  I died soon after this robbery trying to get more money to come back.  If he showed the videos of what actually happened, then he wouldn't be able to accuse me of cheating.  Seriously?  Get real ppl.

This is just another rage quit IMO.

Last edited by GotABigTrap (2016-02-13 14:45:01)

#17 2016-02-13 16:07:29

williad2
Website

Lets talk about the accusation being directed at you

Your previous posts contains statements like "my main account", I deduced from that evidence that you are employing multiple accounts and yes... Cheating.

This action is counter intuitive to the games mechanics and disruptive to the gaming community.

I get it, exploiting this advantage must be really enjoyable to you.  It provides the illusion that you are "smarter" or possess a "higher skill" over other players.

I'm guessing cheating fulfills some deep seated void or masks some disappointment you have in life.
Or maybe you are so out of touch with reality; this is considered acceptable.  If that's the case god help you.

#18 2016-02-13 17:08:42

GotABigTrap

williad2 wrote:

Lets talk about the accusation being directed at you

Your previous posts contains statements like "my main account", I deduced from that evidence that you are employing multiple accounts and yes... Cheating.

This action is counter intuitive to the games mechanics and disruptive to the gaming community.

I get it, exploiting this advantage must be really enjoyable to you.  It provides the illusion that you are "smarter" or possess a "higher skill" over other players.

I'm guessing cheating fulfills some deep seated void or masks some disappointment you have in life.
Or maybe you are so out of touch with reality; this is considered acceptable.  If that's the case god help you.

God... what a jerk you are.  Beyond accusations, you even go so far as to try to insult me personally.  Your accusations have absolutely no other evidence than that I happen to own two accounts.  Why don't you leave and go play terminal heist where there is not even a possibility of this.  Otherwise no matter what happens, when you lose, you'll automatically think it was because of duel accounting.  I know for a fact that I won fair and square.

If you read the thread and pay attention to my post and the actual occurrences that took place, you would know there is no cheating.  Everything was well documented.  The fact that I tore the entire house with 40,000 of tools and learned all the puzzles is IN the spirit of the game.  First it was cheating because I robbed the house.  Once the fact that I completely tore the house comes in to play, that everything that happened was well documented, and that it took me over 2 weeks to get the 40k in tools, there is no evidence to support your argument.  As a result, the issue becomes because I own two accounts.  Maybe I put a house up on my friends account because I love this game and hate to see it die?

All I see is that I robbed somebody back fair and square and then the response is to harass and bully somebody and accuse them of cheating.  GET A LIFE.  And then you try to insult my intelligence and attempt to make me feel as though I am some kind of failure in life because of a GAME.  I ask that you cease with these forms of personal attacks.

I know for a fact that cullman owns more than one castle doctrine account.  Secondly, there was an interesting time where he came into the house shown in the video above and solved it on the VERY first try with no tools.  Amazing right? Did I call out cheating?  No I did not because i have NO fucking proof.

It isn't about unfair advantage, it is that my house designs are just superior hands down.

What is your point coming in here and reviving dead threads in order to harass somebody with NO evidence? You just seem like a bully.  I don't take that kind of shit.  Show me the evidence.  Show me that I scout a house and then attack it with a main account because I just DON'T do that.  I actually love this game and have been trying to keep it alive, so I put up a house on my friends account.

Last edited by GotABigTrap (2016-02-13 17:42:33)

#19 2016-02-14 01:18:25

cullman

Yes I have multiple accounts, though, I would argue that I never used them to further myself in the game.  I was mostly trying to figure out how other people cheated.  Though, truth be told I did abuse it once or twice.  I definitely, map hacked CrazyAce after I was certain he was a dual accounting and I was sick of his talk on the boards.  I also map hacked one other guy that clearly used multiple accounts to attack my house, that might have been you GotABigTrap (oops sorry!).  That's the extent of my cheating career, mostly research to try to make Terminal Heist harder to cheat at and 2 counts of revenge for which I will now apologize formally.

Speaking of Terminal Heist (http://www.terminalheist.com), we are in alpha over there if you guys want to join us.  Our server is written from scratch.  We don't have all (or even most of our anti-cheating stuff out yet), but we do have mobile clients going and fixed usernames.  There has been much discussion on here on how to detect multi-account usage.  One of things we have done is getting rid of random names, you will use  one chosen username.  Right now you can have as many accounts as you like over at TH, and it's free to play.  Eventually, we will make it single account only, and actually enforce that as a rule (there has been much discussion on here about things we can do so you can still enjoy the game while sitting on a big house, that I see coming later down the road). 

I'm not sure why I didn't think of this earlier, but we are looking at employing a graph database to detect multi-account usage.  Graph DB's are very good at detecting sort of hidden relationships, the sort that would show up if a person used the same n accounts to attack the same houses and die within each other's etc.  For instance, neo4j is an open source graphdb and discusses this on their home page  : http://neo4j.com/use-cases/fraud-detection/

Last edited by cullman (2016-02-14 01:36:59)

#20 2016-06-29 07:13:23

LordSora

I am the new king. Samuel Cody Hodges. Will you cheat to win? Will you be able to figure out my puzzles? Or will you take the easy route and just ban me? Let us see what you choose admin!

#21 2016-07-04 13:41:06

williad2
Website

Help me understand this.   You are begging the admin to ban your one account or all your accounts?

Board footer