The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2016-08-21 01:46:56

LateToTheParty

I tried to get back into it.

Ive given it like two weeks of my time on and off since re installing this game but it really is nothing with such a small player base and with the lack of support it obviously receives. Its a shame cause i really liked it to begin with and want to see more multiplayer experiences that are designed to make you feel as alone as this. It was great. Was being the operative word.

Anyway. Just thought id register to the forums to say later to all of you guys and to share my final house. Its designed to waste as much of your time as possible like some games i've been playing recently.
http://imgur.com/a/H5E1N

#2 2016-12-01 03:53:21

Leveller

Re: I tried to get back into it.

Hehe. smile  Im back too. We'll see how long my house stands for.

#3 2017-01-22 10:47:14

Diablo

is a joke now, some nabs steal old house builds from former l337 players and copy paste it over and over with same dance traps and shit, its not even fun game anymore no wonder the entire player base ran away

#4 2017-01-22 11:05:27

Diablo

WTF is the point of playing a creative game if you refuse to be creative with it?? s m h

#5 2017-01-30 14:22:25

mala

this kind of play style is a consequence of the low population, not the reason why.

The game is based on innovation, by sharing designs after death we learned a lot, but you always had to adapt, modify, otherwise your house wouldn't have passed the night.

Problem is... learning curve, really steep. It took me 1 week to get pass the 24h mark for the first time. to play this game you need a lot of patience, and over time if you don't have an influx of newcomers, the player base inevitably shrinks.

If no more than 2-3 peoples are playing the game seriously there is no chance for newcomers to learn the game being the only target around, and they resolve in using well known trap.

The constant flow of ideas kept peoples playing, and that is when a great game became an incredible game.

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#6 2017-01-31 15:07:42

Diablo

yeah i agree with you, however I am still trying to teach myself new ways to make traps that dont involve dance junk

Board footer