The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-09 09:59:04

cullman

Terminal Heist Update

Just a quick Terminal Heist Update :

- We are officially in Beta and we are getting very close to launching 1.0. Next step after we get a few bugs fixed is to get the game greenlit in Steam.  We have server side processing working, and it can be turned on to prevent map stealing cheating.  However, it is turned off at the moment.

- We have finally launched the mobile versions of Terminal Heist.  The game is available in both the Apple and Android and is free to play.

- Lastly we have a pretty neat feature called the TH Editor.  It's based on Castle Draft, thanks much to Tom L. for sharing the Castle Draft code with us.  Our editor has some pretty advanced features : cut, paste, copy and diff regions.  You can log into your account and push and pull maps to the live game (there is currently a bug in there that I hope to fix today that if you don't finish a self-test inside of the 1 minute server flush you will die, so be careful with this feature on a big account until I announce the issue as fixed). Lastly, you can test your maps in the server editor, by hitting the TEST button.  It's not perfect graphically, but it's good enough to allow you to sanity check a trap's mechanics, in a consequence free environment.  This feature is currently free (as is the whole game right now).  However, eventually  this feature will probably be a for pay feature, so enjoy it now while it's free : https://server.terminalheist.com/editor

- cullman

#2 2017-03-11 12:36:10

mala

Re: Terminal Heist Update

yes yes yes, great work cullman, i'm still busy with work, but i hope i can make an house soon big_smile
can't wait to see the game back to the old glories big_smile

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#3 2017-03-12 09:16:29

cullman

Re: Terminal Heist Update

We fixed the issue with pushing in the editor, so that should work right now.  In beta I'm letting people push any house regardless of how much money they have, once we get more players we are gonna lock that down.  Once we get the trailer done we are gonna start doing some advertising.

Board footer