The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-16 04:14:01

cullman

The future of in game advertising?

Even I hate myself a little bit for doing this :

WY1JACv.png

#2 2017-04-17 07:21:03

UnknownDestiny

Re: The future of in game advertising?

Lol, sorry, I took that down, recently started this game so the cash was too tempting

Edit: Now reading through the forum about your work, I feel bad about that, next time (if there is a next time) I wont steal from you. And I'll check out your game smile

BTW I had trouble reading past the second line (both in game and in your picture)

Last edited by UnknownDestiny (2017-04-17 07:33:41)

#3 2017-04-17 15:12:38

cullman

No worries, brother,  it was mostly a joke as I figure most people here have heard me prattle on about Terminal Heist for years (http://www.terminalheist.com).  However, we are now in Beta, we have over 250 players (most not active at the moment).  However, things are picking up we had 11 new players sign up yesterday and we briefly got to 3 pages of houses (terminals) yesterday.  So yeah, please come check us out (plus it's free!)

#4 2017-04-19 07:24:46

UnknownDestiny

Unfortunately I didn't know about this for years, only found out about this game this year (and foolishly ignored the recent reviews and the lack of recent gameplays), but hey, because of that, i found out about you're game.

But i find it a bit hard to play on mobile devices without already playing around on pc, its hard to search up what individual items do, but once i overcome that barrier, i think i can enjoy it more than castle doctrine.

#5 2017-04-19 23:36:38

cullman

I totally agree with you the game is a little hard to see on a phone but very playable on the tablet. Personality, I don't do any big building or big robberies on the phone. I play single player mode, watch some tapes, tweak my house/move my vault, or if I have nothing to lose rob some.  It's much harder to learn what our tiles and tools are as they are made up compared to TCD's every day items..  We should have the wiki up in the next week and that should help in the mean time here are some TH tips :

- Single player mode doubles as a tutorial

- Mobile if you press and hold on a tile or tool in the selection screen it'll tell you the name.

- Colors matter quite a bit in the game and help you remember what tiles and tools do :
  - Droids (TH's pets) with red eyes chase you, droids with green eyes run away from you.
  - Tiles that have yellow on them take electricity and conduct it
  - Tiles that have dark orange on them take electricity and don't conduct it
  - Tiles that have blue take electricity and are currently under power (this is only for tiles you're mean to see are
    powered, like powered doors, pits and electric floors. A wire does not change color based on whether or not it
    currently has electricity flowing through it.
   - The tools colors matter too. The saw or plastic wrench is mostly the same color as the type of wall it takes
   down. That goes for all 3 of the wall taking down tools, they match the colors.

- on mobile, if you press menu then help on the robbery screen.  There is a sort of quick ref card that has all of the tools on it and the next to it lists the type of tiles they can be used on or the type of tiles they can defeat.

- until the wiki is up, this post might help as it has some internal spreadsheets that we used that tells you what the TH equivalent of a TCD item is.  Ie, a powered pit is a trash chute, a wife is now a sentry bot, etc. : http://terminalheist.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=11941

Thanks for checking us out.

Last edited by cullman (2017-04-19 23:52:21)

#6 2017-05-07 19:26:33

UnknownDestiny

I never noticed that the colours of the tools correspond to the walls.
I searched and still couldn't find the help you mentioned.
I eventually just compared the prices to castle doctrine and just guessed.
I've only played it on my phone so i have a few disadvantages, after failing many times, I finally completed my house, test ran it and it worked all fine, but when I replaced the safety stuff, I failed and died.

Anyways, what is with the retry thing after you die?

#7 2017-05-09 14:17:38

cullman

The wiki is up now, that should help, though I haven't finished the page that maps the TH to TCD.  I agree the game is a bit hard to learn on the phone especially before there was the wiki.  Here it is:

http://www.terminalheist.com/w

The retry thing, at one point we were talking about about potentially making the game free to play but selling extra self-test lives.  I don't think we are leaning that way anymore but that code is hold over from that, we probably just need to remove the retry button.  Thanks for the heads up.

Edit :

Here is the mapping from TCD to TH :

http://www.terminalheist.com/w/index.ph … red_to_TCD

Last edited by cullman (2017-05-09 15:32:41)

#8 2017-12-05 04:05:23

monkey

Just letting you know, playing on android 8.0.0 on a google pixel phone, the game has a bad graphic glitch on resume, looks like all textures become white squares and the layout seems stretched as though in the wrong aspect ratio. Force quit and restart fixes it.

Also, I think I robbed a similar house today, didnt want to explore too much as 1 of 2 people had died in there before me, but it looked like it might have been big letters saying something...

How come you changed the theme and graphics btw?

Board footer