The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-02 04:29:23

colorfusion
Member
Registered: 2013-04-02
Posts: 537

Big steals

What's the largest amount of money and items you've ever stolen?

This is mine from Benjamin D. Ackerman.

benjamindackerman.png

Last edited by colorfusion (2013-04-03 11:35:36)

Offline

#2 2013-04-02 08:24:18

colorfusion
Member
Registered: 2013-04-02
Posts: 537

Re: Big steals

Damn, someone just got past my dog-traps then guessed my 7-bit combo lock first time and stole all the money and paintings.

If Jason's reading this, can you have a look at the tape of Henry Paul Hawn stealing $16907 from my house?
There was only 1 other person that got to my lock so he wasn't brute forcing it and the walls are 10 thick so he couldn't see the combination without hacking.

If you turn on full visibility though, it becomes really obvious what he's doing as he moves up and down; he can see through walls.

Last edited by colorfusion (2013-04-02 11:05:37)

Offline

#3 2013-04-02 08:51:28

rmmh
Member
Registered: 2013-04-01
Posts: 10

Re: Big steals

Ethan Robert Burr did the same to me, on an 11-bit combo lock -- $64457 stolen.

Offline

#4 2013-04-02 17:28:29

Omnipotent
Member
From: California
Registered: 2013-04-02
Posts: 23

Re: Big steals

I got lucky guessing a combination in a bit lock and got all their paintings, only to have a cheater take them all away. sad
2sODu

James Kyle Gagne stole 17870 from me and a ton of paintings. He walked in, pressed every key in my 6-bit combo lock, so the exit should have been closed because he hit like 5 wrong buttons. However, the exit was actually open so he just walked in and stole it. I'm guessing it was a cheat or something so if Jason looked it up I would be stoked. I saw my paintings go up in auction an hour later too.

Offline

#5 2013-04-02 20:43:45

rmmh
Member
Registered: 2013-04-01
Posts: 10

Re: Big steals

Losing paintings is worse than losing money.

I lost a bunch to a server error-- I had a sequence of landscapes at dawn, noon, sunset, and night that went together perfectly.

Offline

#6 2013-04-03 02:34:42

colorfusion
Member
Registered: 2013-04-02
Posts: 537

Re: Big steals

Omnipotent wrote:

I got lucky guessing a combination in a bit lock and got all their paintings, only to have a cheater take them all away. sad
http://puu.sh/2sODu

James Kyle Gagne stole 17870 from me and a ton of paintings. He walked in, pressed every key in my 6-bit combo lock, so the exit should have been closed because he hit like 5 wrong buttons. However, the exit was actually open so he just walked in and stole it. I'm guessing it was a cheat or something so if Jason looked it up I would be stoked. I saw my paintings go up in auction an hour later too.

Wow, was the person you robbed Henry Paul Hawn?
He's the guy that solved my dog trap and 7 bit combo lock first try, and he stole that exact painting (Along with a bunch more) from me.
I'm guessing you managed to rob him, then he came back and cheated through your house with a new character.

Last edited by colorfusion (2013-04-03 02:35:05)

Offline

#7 2013-04-03 08:19:57

Omnipotent
Member
From: California
Registered: 2013-04-02
Posts: 23

Re: Big steals

colorfusion wrote:

Wow, was the person you robbed Henry Paul Hawn?
He's the guy that solved my dog trap and 7 bit combo lock first try, and he stole that exact painting (Along with a bunch more) from me.
I'm guessing you managed to rob him, then he came back and cheated through your house with a new character.

Hey, you're right actually. That's EXACTLY who it was. And I think you may be right on that too, he tried a ton of times immediately after. Seriously though, I am 100% positive this guy was hacking and if Jason would take a look into it we could get this guy permabanned. He setup his voltage triggered switches to not even change when they are activated, so he could hit every button in a bit-lock, and despite it being the wrong combination, he could still easily get in. I've still got the recording of it, and I even took a video of the recording because I wasn't sure at first if he was actually cheating or if it bugged out or something.

Offline

#8 2013-04-03 08:49:14

Omnipotent
Member
From: California
Registered: 2013-04-02
Posts: 23

Re: Big steals

rmmh wrote:

Losing paintings is worse than losing money.

I lost a bunch to a server error-- I had a sequence of landscapes at dawn, noon, sunset, and night that went together perfectly.

I just lost everything I had, I am so pissed and bummed! By the way, when you lost a bunch to a server error, was it due to your house having an error loading? I just had an error loading my $50,000 and $30,000 house that was full of all these paintings, and it deleted everything and put me in a default empty house with 2k. So damn pissed, I lost everything i had and my giant base too. After losing everything like this I'm probably going to be taking a break from castle doctrine for a while now. I tried so hard to get it all and to have it all cheated away from me due to server error is really sad.I like the thought of permadeath, but when my shit gets deleted when it's not my fault it's not fun, or cool. And it really makes me not even want to play.

What I should have because it went on auction when it bugged and deleted my stuff:
2t8XD

What I lost in the bug and error while loading my house (All of these paintings are mine, and when I had an error loading my house it shipped them all into the auctions like I had actually died):
2t8XH

This happened after I tried robbing someone, when I successfully robbed them and it tried to load my house, it gave me a "House load error" and it deleted everything, loading the default house as if I never even had any status or prestige. Plus it deleted the 50 recordings or so that I had. T_T

What I have now:
2t91r


So now that I've lost everything for absolutely no reason, I think I'll be taking a break. I hope you look into these issues Jason because the thought of losing EVERYTHING when you don't even make a mistake is mind-blowingly lame. I didn't even get the chance to die in someones house. I will come back if you manage to restore my stuff, but if not then you probably wont see me for a while.
(And I have a full-size picture of my exact house before it was deleted if you need it to prove it was mine.)

Last edited by Omnipotent (2013-04-03 09:02:11)

Offline

#9 2013-04-03 09:06:53

colorfusion
Member
Registered: 2013-04-02
Posts: 537

Re: Big steals

Omnipotent wrote:
rmmh wrote:

Losing paintings is worse than losing money.

I lost a bunch to a server error-- I had a sequence of landscapes at dawn, noon, sunset, and night that went together perfectly.

I just lost everything I had, I am so pissed and bummed! By the way, when you lost a bunch to a server error, was it due to your house having an error loading? I just had an error loading my $50,000 and $30,000 house that was full of all these paintings, and it deleted everything and put me in a default empty house with 2k. So damn pissed, I lost everything i had and my giant base too. After losing everything like this I'm probably going to be taking a break from castle doctrine for a while now. I tried so hard to get it all and to have it all cheated away from me due to server error is really sad.I like the thought of permadeath, but when my shit gets deleted when it's not my fault it's not fun, or cool. And it really makes me not even want to play.

What I should have because it went on auction when it bugged and deleted my stuff:
http://puu.sh/2t8XD

What I lost in the bug and error while loading my house (All of these paintings are mine, and when I had an error loading my house it shipped them all into the auctions like I had actually died):
http://puu.sh/2t8XH

This happened after I tried robbing someone, when I successfully robbed them and it tried to load my house, it gave me a "House load error" and it deleted everything, loading the default house as if I never even had any status or prestige. Plus it deleted the 50 recordings or so that I had. T_T

What I have now:
http://puu.sh/2t91r


So now that I've lost everything for absolutely no reason, I think I'll be taking a break. I hope you look into these issues Jason because the thought of losing EVERYTHING when you don't even make a mistake is mind-blowingly lame. I didn't even get the chance to die in someones house. I will come back if you manage to restore my stuff, but if not then you probably wont see me for a while.
(And I have a full-size picture of my exact house before it was deleted if you need it to prove it was mine.)

Damn, I had pretty much the same thing a while back except I didn't lose as much and the error was "Unexpected response from server".

Those were the paintings that were passed through:
Benjamin D. Ackerman -            Probably bought through being rich
Me -                                     Brute forcing through Benjamin's traps
Henry Paul Hawn -                   Cheating through walls and guessing a 7 bit combo first time
You -                                    Guessing the cheater's combo lock
James Kyle Gagne -                  Coming back and cheating for revenge
and now to whoever catches them in the auction.

Last edited by colorfusion (2013-04-03 09:12:52)

Offline

#10 2013-04-05 04:51:18

DarkNebula5637
Member
Registered: 2013-04-04
Posts: 6

Re: Big steals

I hate to say it, but it seems like you guys are just being sore losers. Unless you have an actual video of the cheating, Jason cant be sure. They might've just gotten lucky.

Offline

#11 2013-04-05 04:53:20

DarkNebula5637
Member
Registered: 2013-04-04
Posts: 6

Re: Big steals

And also, you guys kinda deserve it for being that cheap and using Combo locks.

Offline

#12 2013-04-05 05:51:34

colorfusion
Member
Registered: 2013-04-02
Posts: 537

Re: Big steals

DarkNebula5637 wrote:

I hate to say it, but it seems like you guys are just being sore losers. Unless you have an actual video of the cheating, Jason cant be sure. They might've just gotten lucky.

Tapes are stored on the server and Jason can access them, uploading a video would let anyone see my trap system. A 7 bit combo lock has 128 possibilities, and I was robbed by the second person to actually try the combo lock. Not to mention the electric floors at the start which I'm not even sure how I'd go about calculating the possibilities for. If you actually watch the tapes it's really obvious that he's hacking, but by showing you the tapes I'd be letting everyone see my trap system.


The person who stole all my money originally and made me resort to combo locks just glided right through turned on electric floors and stole from my vault. Pretty much no matter what I do all the money I work for gets stolen by hackers, so by using a method that can only be broken by hacking or brute-force I am at least protecting my house enough to get up some money.

Edit: Will this make you change your mind about me being a "sore loser"?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_MIpGMTAP8
I don't want people to see any more of my trap system, but he does a lot more cheaty stuff after that.
(That's the first tape of someone stealing my money, after which I changed my trap and was again stolen from by someone who guessed a 7 bit combo first time)

Last edited by colorfusion (2013-04-05 06:06:21)

Offline

#13 2013-04-05 09:18:23

Omnipotent
Member
From: California
Registered: 2013-04-02
Posts: 23

Re: Big steals

DarkNebula5637 wrote:

I hate to say it, but it seems like you guys are just being sore losers. Unless you have an actual video of the cheating, Jason cant be sure. They might've just gotten lucky.

Either you are in this group of cheaters/hackers, or you didn't read our posts. The guy that robbed me pressed every button, including ones that should have locked him out, and yet his edited code allowed him to get into my base.

Heres a video of him robbing my house with visibility on. Note the fact that the doors are locked in the beginning, and yet he comes in after hitting every button. After he walks in, you can see the ones that SHOULDN'T be active, and yet he just walks on in. This is guaranteed hacks, and this player should be banned regardless of whether or I was using a bit-lock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoL7hRs0HDo

Last edited by Omnipotent (2013-04-05 09:21:33)

Offline

#14 2013-04-05 11:09:05

jasonrohrer
Administrator
Registered: 2013-04-01
Posts: 1,231

Re: Big steals

Banned him, Colorfusion.

Ominipotent:  when you watch a tape, the tape plays by YOUR client's rules.  So, if the player cheated, you will see them literally walking through a closed door (for example).  The tape just records their moves (up, down, left, right) and the spots where they use a tool.  During playback, you're seeing a full simulation of those moves on the house map.

Offline

#15 2013-04-05 11:30:43

Omnipotent
Member
From: California
Registered: 2013-04-02
Posts: 23

Re: Big steals

jasonrohrer wrote:

Ominipotent:  when you watch a tape, the tape plays by YOUR client's rules.  So, if the player cheated, you will see them literally walking through a closed door (for example).  The tape just records their moves (up, down, left, right) and the spots where they use a tool.  During playback, you're seeing a full simulation of those moves on the house map.

Huh, so then how did the guy manage to get into my house without using the right combination? I don't really understand how it's possible because if I tried to re-create exactly what he did, I would have been trapped inside and died. :\

Offline

#16 2013-04-05 11:32:33

Nikolajlk
Member
Registered: 2013-04-05
Posts: 11

Re: Big steals

Omnipotent wrote:
jasonrohrer wrote:

Ominipotent:  when you watch a tape, the tape plays by YOUR client's rules.  So, if the player cheated, you will see them literally walking through a closed door (for example).  The tape just records their moves (up, down, left, right) and the spots where they use a tool.  During playback, you're seeing a full simulation of those moves on the house map.

Huh, so then how did the guy manage to get into my house without using the right combination? I don't really understand how it's possible because if I tried to re-create exactly what he did, I would have been trapped inside and died. :\


He must be using some rad tools... Something beyond your imagination...!

Offline

#17 2013-04-05 12:21:02

colorfusion
Member
Registered: 2013-04-02
Posts: 537

Re: Big steals

Omnipotent wrote:
jasonrohrer wrote:

Ominipotent:  when you watch a tape, the tape plays by YOUR client's rules.  So, if the player cheated, you will see them literally walking through a closed door (for example).  The tape just records their moves (up, down, left, right) and the spots where they use a tool.  During playback, you're seeing a full simulation of those moves on the house map.

Huh, so then how did the guy manage to get into my house without using the right combination? I don't really understand how it's possible because if I tried to re-create exactly what he did, I would have been trapped inside and died. :\

Perhaps it was just not wired correctly?

Offline

#18 2013-04-05 17:25:34

vraeden
Member
Registered: 2013-04-05
Posts: 23

Re: Big steals

I was Benjamin Ackerman.  I screwed up and disabled a power plant thinking that it would make it harder to crack my 6 button combo lock with dogs entering the unpowered combo lock area...when I saw colorfusion steal all my paintings and money...I needed a wall to bang my head on.  Then I died during my next test because I forgot to fix the dogs.  I'm still working on my new house trying to make it much tougher, but I can't build up the money fast enough.

I've seen one cheater that I reported before and I think he got banned.

Offline

#19 2013-04-05 17:34:54

ThibG
Guest

Re: Big steals

My biggest robbery was $350k (that took me many lives, a bottle of water, and some luck)... unfortunately, I died soon afterwards...
Also, someone stole me $70k, defeating my 24-bit combo lock in only 4 tries... hum...

#20 2013-04-05 23:29:55

SJRH
Member
Registered: 2013-04-05
Posts: 8

Re: Big steals

Probably a bit late to the party but I hit it big (around 40,000) and then designed a completely impossible house where you couldn't see everything and had to press combo switches and invisible switches by manipulating dogs off screen. Of course someone breezed in and took the lot first time. Can't remember the names now but sounds a lot like above experiences.

Offline

#21 2013-04-05 23:41:29

Omnipotent
Member
From: California
Registered: 2013-04-02
Posts: 23

Re: Big steals

colorfusion wrote:

Perhaps it was just not wired correctly?

I don't think you understand. If you give me your email I can show you a picture of it so you realize I am not an idiot.


But it's really sad to hear there's a lot of cheaters breaking into locks now. :\  I've started moving on to electric floor path techniques. Then the average run-of-the-mill cheaters can't get in, only the ones that are cheating and being able to see the whole map.

Last edited by Omnipotent (2013-04-05 23:44:25)

Offline

#22 2013-04-06 01:45:44

Wyld Stallyn
Member
From: Fuldatal
Registered: 2013-04-06
Posts: 28
Website

Re: Big steals

Normally I'd understand you guys, but I am going with DarkNebula here. Combo locks are fairly obviously only technically different from creating an honestly impossible house in any honest sense. It's not even a real puzzle. Just guess work to the n-th degree.

Loophole abuse = cheating.

Last edited by Wyld Stallyn (2013-04-06 01:49:06)

Offline

#23 2013-04-06 02:18:07

colorfusion
Member
Registered: 2013-04-02
Posts: 537

Re: Big steals

Wyld Stallyn wrote:

Normally I'd understand you guys, but I am going with DarkNebula here. Combo locks are fairly obviously only technically different from creating an honestly impossible house in any honest sense. It's not even a real puzzle. Just guess work to the n-th degree.

Loophole abuse = cheating.

I suppose it's where you draw the line personally.
I'd say they're cheap and I would like them to be fixed, but definitely not on par with just hacking through walls to a vault and ruining someone elses house.
Pretty much all houses have some form of guessing puzzle, and combo locks are just the most optimized version of that.

I'd like to say though that it was only due to hackers that I went to combo locks, and in my house the majority of people still die on the first non combo lock section.

Given that they still exist and there are still hackers it's pretty much one of the only ways to get up money. It's like if a crazily overpowered gun was introduced in a FPS; it may be cheap but if you don't use it you're not going to be able to compete with those who do.

Last edited by colorfusion (2013-04-06 02:23:50)

Offline

#24 2013-04-06 03:12:52

Wyld Stallyn
Member
From: Fuldatal
Registered: 2013-04-06
Posts: 28
Website

Re: Big steals

colorfusion wrote:

I'd like to say though that it was only due to hackers that I went to combo locks, and in my house the majority of people still die on the first non combo lock section.

That is an understandable reason then.

Still, running into an almost certain deathtrap is especially little fun for newbies. Even less so when it's almost the rule. Aside of two houses (and even so one was only doable after about a dozen trial and error runs, not sure how the owner managed to do it without tools, and the other one seems to be some sort of secret steps to make animals go certain ways that's just as impossible to figure out), all the advanced ones I ever ran up against had some sort of a "1/1000 chance you get it right, shucks mate"-lock after no later than the first "normal" unavoidable trap, which is just designed to make unsuspecting people stuck in there. Hardly an anti-hacker measure.

I also noticed that there's no way the family can ever leave the house in almost all of these. Are they all dead, or is it an exploit?

Offline

#25 2013-04-06 03:20:54

ThibG
Member
Registered: 2013-04-05
Posts: 3

Re: Big steals

Wyld Stallyn wrote:

I also noticed that there's no way the family can ever leave the house in almost all of these. Are they all dead, or is it an exploit?

They're most probably all dead. People tend to kill the wife right away, and many kill the children out of frustration or revenge.
At least it's what has happened to me, allowing my house to start with an electrical floor.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB 1.5.8