The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-04-06 14:42:42

Wyld Stallyn
Website

Mr. Walter Eugene Seay

Thank you for making such an interesting dungeon! I like dying in it a lot. I love grilling your dogs more though. I once grilled all of your pesky chihuahuas.

Though I realised now that that part doesn't do ANYTHING. Very elaborate distraction.

Actually, nothing seems to do anything at all. :S The cat trap is nice though.

Argh, I give up. If anyone beats him, tell me how you did it!

Last edited by Wyld Stallyn (2013-04-06 14:58:10)

#2 2013-04-07 01:46:06

Nikolajlk

Re: Mr. Walter Eugene Seay

Why thank you, sire!

#3 2013-04-07 14:55:18

bgorven

Re: Mr. Walter Eugene Seay

I did it. I hope he enjoys watching some of my footage as much as I enjoyed making it, especially the way that I used the trap in the bottom right to kill that dog to save a crowbar and get me an extra square of vision into the vault area.

As for how I broke in: After I was pretty sure that the vault was in the lower left I set about scouting the area from every angle possible, and drew up a grid map of everything I could see, which was enough for me to realize how the lock worked: it's an s-bend where every tile of the s needs to be powered to open the doors, and there are trapdoors along the way that will kill the chihuahua if you step wrong. There's also a really nice effect where you can get the doors to open, but then as soon as you step towards them they permalock.

I got right up to the vault and then realized that it would be unfair for me to steal all that cash and just hide it behind a combo lock, so I suicided and took an hour to think up a fun map design, came back in and robbed the place. 3 hours and $10k later I forgot that there was a chihuahua behind me to toggle a switch again and electrify me. Anyway, at least I've got a good idea now for what I'm gonna build next time I steal a few bucks.

Board footer