The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-29 03:09:11

largestherb

[Sprite edits] Fancy a change of clothes?

good day! in the past people have asked, why can't i be the lady? and a fairly long time ago i did some minor sprite switching and tweaking and ever since then i have been running around robbing people in a dress.

with the launch of the game on steam today it seemed like a good idea to revisit my idea a little, add some variety and then share it with the community!

rxbIHdn.png

included are four variations of player and partner sprites, as seen above:

• masculine player with masculine partner

• feminine player with feminine partner

• feminine player with masculine partner

• masculine player with feminine partner

now whether you want to see these sprite changes as gender role reversal and same gender couples, or simply a ground breaking '91 man who isn't ashamed to go out robbing houses in a dress, despite what the neighbours might whisper, or any other variation of whatever you want to imagine is completely up to you. go nuts!

oh, i should put a download link around here somewhere! https://www.dropbox.com/s/6tlc9bkptxt9c … prites.rar ~ (virus scan)

installation is simply a case of extracting whichever sprite set .rar file into your main castle doctrine directory* and overwriting the files when prompted.

*quick more helpful people, chip in and explain how people who might not know how to do this! i have steam installing into a custom place and have always extracted tcd to my own games folder manually sad

#2 2014-01-30 12:52:54

anable

Re: [Sprite edits] Fancy a change of clothes?

Unfortunately I don't think the other players actually see your changed sprites (since it's just a client side mod), but I am amused by the idea of robbing people in a dress. Now just make it Victorian and add a fancy umbrella. tongue

"It's 1891 and things are bad..."

Last edited by anable (2014-01-30 12:54:28)

#3 2014-01-30 13:05:09

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: [Sprite edits] Fancy a change of clothes?

Great stuff!

Board footer