The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-01-29 19:06:42

awaken

No items for Self test?

I'm a little confused by this and would like to see if someone knows.

If you must self test your house before being able to rob others, but aren't allowed any items...
Does that mean you must disable your traps that would require items to get past? So you can do it?
Wouldn't this leave your house vulnerable so that anyone can do it without items? I really can't wrap my head around how you set up a live house then.
Thanks,
          Awaken.

#2 2014-01-29 19:13:05

iceman
Website

Re: No items for Self test?

That's correct - you have to reach your safe without items.  That also means that EVERY house in the list has some way to rob them without items.  The trick is to hide the path to your safe somehow, either by building a door that can only be opened by a certain button or building a maze that has 5 dead ends with dogs and 1 safe path.

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#3 2014-01-29 19:32:08

largestherb

iceman, that isn't quite right!

every house on the list WAS AT ONE TIME possible without any items, however if a house has been successfully robbed, or a member of family killed, it may render it in a state where it absolutely requires items to get any money out of it.

Last edited by largestherb (2014-01-29 19:32:40)

#4 2014-01-29 20:08:26

iceman
Website

Thanks for catching that - it's been a while since I've seen a broken house, so I didn't think of it.  Luckily they aren't too common

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

Board footer