The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-02 14:29:41

cbenny

Killing off childern

Now, I know how this sounds... but there's no way to word this that doesn't end up sounding like a terrible person.

I find it really annoying having to take care of my kids (leave a path for) after my wife was killed. Does anyone have any tips on how to encourage other robbers to kill my kids? Obvious panic buttons are usually dealt with by just cutting the circuits, and its had to make someone want to kill them.

#2 2014-02-02 14:39:57

ladida

Re: Killing off childern

Problem: if they got killed, your house remains damaged. Personally I would place them in the very beginning behind a trap where robbers without good tools cant escape. Maybe they have a club or so left and kill them in anger.

#3 2014-02-02 16:29:53

cbenny

ladida wrote:

Problem: if they got killed, your house remains damaged. Personally I would place them in the very beginning behind a trap where robbers without good tools cant escape. Maybe they have a club or so left and kill them in anger.

Impossible to put a child in a trap with the robber, since you have to leave a way for the child to get out. Also, the fact that killing a kid can make damage permanent is another reason I want to get rid of them.

#4 2014-02-02 16:58:05

iceman
Website

I've said it before and I'll say it again - conversations about this game are extremely unsettling if you don't know about it XD

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#5 2014-02-02 17:14:19

ladida

cbenny wrote:
ladida wrote:

Impossible to put a child in a trap with the robber, since you have to leave a way for the child to get out. Also, the fact that killing a kid can make damage permanent is another reason I want to get rid of them.

Ok, lets say.. a dog trap big_smile

#6 2014-02-02 18:45:37

cbenny

ladida wrote:
cbenny wrote:
ladida wrote:

If it's a dog trap then the robber would just kill the dog, rather than my kids. I suppose if there were too many dogs he might try to take a kid out with him, but that seems like more resources than I'm willing to put into having my kids killed.

#7 2014-02-02 19:17:40

GoogleFrog

Maybe we need a "put up for adoption" button because their mother is dead and their father is a horrible parent.

#8 2014-02-02 20:47:41

cbenny

GoogleFrog wrote:

Maybe we need a "put up for adoption" button because their mother is dead and their father is a horrible parent.

Not to mention the fact that they live in a terrible neighbourhood. My house keeps getting robbed.

If a social worker saw where these kids have been living they would get taken away for sure.

#9 2014-02-03 12:04:57

JoeBlow

"that seems like more resources than I'm willing to put into having my kids killed."

It is quotes like this one that make me love this game.

Last edited by JoeBlow (2014-02-03 12:05:47)

#10 2014-02-03 16:29:00

protox13

cbenny wrote:
GoogleFrog wrote:

Not to mention the fact that they live in a terrible neighbourhood. My house keeps getting robbed.

If a social worker saw where these kids have been living they would get taken away for sure.

The social workers in this world probably see plenty of these kids on their way to and from robbing strangers' homes

Last edited by protox13 (2014-02-03 16:29:42)

#11 2014-02-03 17:15:04

Drakol

Use your children as triggers for leaps of faith traps. Sooner or later, someone will shoot them.
Same as a Dog Leap of Faith, except panic buttons and towards the exit.

Or even a Commit trap, either destroy the wall, or bludgeon the child *shrugs* Good luck with that.

#12 2014-02-03 17:43:00

Agalor

I just shove them up front directly in front of the door, people who kill the kids will do it without being forced, always get rid of them within an hour or so.
and wow...we are horrible people..

#13 2014-02-03 17:53:43

Drakol

Yeah, but getting them to trigger traps will make it more likely that they will die. Otherwise, you're just looking for horrible people xD

#14 2014-02-03 18:31:44

nathan

cbenny wrote:
ladida wrote:
cbenny wrote:

If it's a dog trap then the robber would just kill the dog, rather than my kids. I suppose if there were too many dogs he might try to take a kid out with him, but that seems like more resources than I'm willing to put into having my kids killed.

Congratulations! Your quote has been selected to be added to my quotes signature! You should feel pretty proud of yourself.

"I just robbed Mr. Rogers." -Ludicrosity "The wood is my desk, and I'm knocking it with my head." -Blip
"I'd rather pack 25 meats than 1 crowbar if you know what I mean..." -Jabloko
"This is one of the most disturbed things I have seen in quite a while. I blame global warming." -bey bey
"that seems like more resources than I'm willing to put into having my kids killed." -cbenny

Board footer