The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-08 00:34:51

JoyOfTrapping

Castle Doctrine Music Video

Hey Community,

I just finished my completely ridiculous Castle Doctrine music video- a tribute to my beloved house, TunnelHell.  You can check it out at my Youtube channel, Joy OfTrapping.  Here's a link to the video for your enjoyment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SHW-uGCWsE

And here's a floor plan if you want some context:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v90ro85s1Kw

SIMPLE YET ELEGANT

Some truly hilarious moments are captured here.  If you died in the lonely halls of this deathtrap, I am truly grateful, not only for your bounty money but for the amazing footage you provided me with, which fueled my creative fire.

ENJOY TO THE SOUNDS OF LEGENDARY NEW AGE RECORDING ARTIST, ENYA
RIP TunnelHell

Trap On,
Caspian

Last edited by JoyOfTrapping (2014-02-08 00:53:20)

YT: www.youtube.com/user/JoyOfTrapping - The Bushido Code of Castle Doctrine:
Death  --> Observation --> Knowledge --> Power  --> Application --> Testing --> Skill
Seriousness --> Caution --> Deliberation --> Clearer Thinking --> More Success --> Less Frustration
Lack of Attachment to Results --> Lighthearted Play --> Respect for Enemies --> No Anger After Failures --> Faster Skill Building

#2 2014-02-08 00:43:24

Amatiel

Re: Castle Doctrine Music Video

lol that a well thought out trap. I think i entered it quite a few times then left straight away...

Saw powered door and dog through glass -----> commitment trap + doggy door detected. Abort mission.

Current Name: Darryl Gary Breeden

Died to self test yet again..... FFS..... ill be back

#3 2014-02-08 01:47:56

DethBringa

lol I did that too!

If I vanish it's not due to a burglar shooting me as well as my wife while making his way to the vault....
I'm just a burst player.
tongue

#4 2014-02-08 09:17:07

Banakai

why don't you just sell some of those tools and rebuild it

#5 2014-02-08 12:03:13

iceman
Website

Hahaha, great choice in music!!

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#6 2014-02-08 14:33:29

Immhotep

I know that house, that locked powered door at the entrance is not a welcoming sign... so I left!

Death is only the beginning...

#7 2014-02-08 15:38:26

JoyOfTrapping

Immhotep wrote:

I know that house, that locked powered door at the entrance is not a welcoming sign... so I left!

Hahaha, wise decision big_smile  Very few that passed the pit and activated that door survived..  very, very few.  As the 3- and 5-step security tapes began to pour in, I started to wonder to myself, "This is a great trap, but maybe I could be killing more people if I didn't telegraph the danger of this house right when they walk in the door.."  That's one thing that's great about this game, the risks you have to weigh.  They carry great consequences.  As a house builder, it makes you strive for that balance of great danger, yet great subtlety.  I always respect a house that kills me, and makes me say, "WHAT!? How!!"

YT: www.youtube.com/user/JoyOfTrapping - The Bushido Code of Castle Doctrine:
Death  --> Observation --> Knowledge --> Power  --> Application --> Testing --> Skill
Seriousness --> Caution --> Deliberation --> Clearer Thinking --> More Success --> Less Frustration
Lack of Attachment to Results --> Lighthearted Play --> Respect for Enemies --> No Anger After Failures --> Faster Skill Building

#8 2014-02-08 17:05:02

Wapato

I remember that house... it bothered me so much that it ended with the combination lock example from the wiki tongue

Board footer