The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-08 12:59:50

jere

Just killed Mr. Price

Nice try, Edgar Trent Price. tongue

Golden Krone Hotel - a vampire roguelike

#2 2014-02-08 13:04:18

colorfusion

Re: Just killed Mr. Price

v9kZfyF.png

#3 2014-02-08 13:19:01

Sybernetik

Speaking of Price, I haven't seen him on the list since noon. Being robbed or is he at home making changes?

#4 2014-02-08 13:42:37

Immhotep

Sybernetik wrote:

Speaking of Price, I haven't seen him on the list since noon. Being robbed or is he at home making changes?

This might answer your question...

6gp9viD.jpg

Death is only the beginning...

#5 2014-02-08 13:43:48

Trael

Shopped?

If not, post a video of his attempt!

#6 2014-02-08 13:44:11

protox13

Immhotep wrote:
Sybernetik wrote:

This might answer your question...

http://i.imgur.com/6gp9viD.jpg

Damn, and I was all ready to pull off a heist a la Reservoir Dogs...

#7 2014-02-08 13:46:33

Immhotep

Trael wrote:

Shopped?

If not, post a video of his attempt!

Then you will see my house and know who am I... Nice try

#8 2014-02-08 13:57:07

jere

If you're serious, you really should capture a video. You can post it later, but I think we'd all quite enjoy seeing it...

#9 2014-02-08 14:08:36

Banakai

I saw this house before! I never dared try to solve it though. THAT NAME IS CURSED.

#10 2014-02-08 14:28:30

jere

I'm gonna guess Jaynes. You know, the guy with all the paintings and cash.

Last edited by jere (2014-02-08 14:38:35)

#11 2014-02-08 16:07:34

jere

Conspiracy theory: Jaynes (the new top player) is Price. Price conveniently died in Jaynes house (I'm guessing) because there is so much money + paintings. Also, the house entrances look remarkably similar.

Crazier conspiracy theory: the forum user Immhotep is Jaynes/Price. He claims to have killed price. HOW CONVENIENT. Registered 3 days ago... about the start of Price's run. Sig is "Death is only the beginning..." and references a character who comes back from the dead to become super powerful.

Price knew he wouldn't last much longer as Price and had to take on a new identity to survive.

Ok, actually neither of these are probably true. But I'm having fun entertaining the thought.

Last edited by jere (2014-02-08 16:09:01)

#12 2014-02-08 16:13:36

noxalis

jere wrote:

Conspiracy theory: Jaynes (the new top player) is Price. Price conveniently died in Jaynes house (I'm guessing) because there is so much money + paintings. Also, the house entrances look remarkably similar.

Crazier conspiracy theory: the forum user Immhotep is Jaynes/Price. He claims to have killed price. HOW CONVENIENT. Registered 3 days ago... about the start of Price's run. Sig is "Death is only the beginning..." and references a character who comes back from the dead to become super powerful.

Price knew he wouldn't last much longer as Price and had to take on a new identity to survive.

Ok, actually neither of these are probably true. But I'm having fun entertaining the thought.

1 guy supposedly dying isnt a conspiracy theory. Learn what it actually means before saying it.

#13 2014-02-08 16:16:28

jere

Sorry, officer! It won't happen again.

#14 2014-02-08 16:25:22

joshwithguitar

And all this time I was just pretending to be Price?

#15 2014-02-08 16:27:25

Immhotep

Give the guy some credit... He did good and managed to be top for some time and maybe his cousin sister went to his house and check his game out and died? Who knows?

#16 2014-02-08 16:34:35

joshwithguitar

And yes, Immhotep's picture is a Photoshop.

#17 2014-02-08 16:39:00

colorfusion

jere wrote:

And he's also probably Adrian Ernest Pounds and Smith and Taber.

#18 2014-02-08 16:40:32

jere

I think you're onto something...

#19 2014-02-08 17:00:49

iceman
Website

noxalis wrote:
jere wrote:

1 guy supposedly dying isnt a conspiracy theory. Learn what it actually means before saying it.

Conspiracy theory - Immhotep is Noxalis is joshwithguitar.  JWG created Immhotep when he saw that everyone was working against Mr. Price in the crowdsourced map.  Immhotep was supposed to draw the attention off of Price by building Jaynes house, and when the time was right, Price would transfer all of the money to Jaynes.  This would hopefully make peace with the rest of Castle Doctrine - that's why he named his alternate account Immhotep.  Imhotep means "The one who comes in peace, is with peace".

At the same time, he realized that his strategy might not work.  Thus, he created a second alt account - noxalis.  "Actio noxalis" is a part of roman law that deals with violence done by someone's property.  Thus, he is obviously a symbolic counterpoint to the "peace" of Immhotep.  When jere figured immhotep's identity, jwg used noxalis to try to throw suspicious off of Immhotep, first by undermining the conspiracy theory, then by making a second thread that claimed to have killed price.  When JWG affirmed that Immhotep's picture was a fake, everyone would assume that noxalis killed price.

So who killed Price? NO-ONE!!! JWG realized that Price was going to be robbed eventually, so he decided to have Price retire in a way that everyone would think he died.  He created 2 accounts, and then, when a promising random house (Jaynes) rose in value, started an extended editing session with Price.  When people started to think Price died, he had his alts post pictures of Price's death, knowing that in the confusion and chaos, people would latch onto one or the other, but no-one would even suspect that Price isn't dead.  Really, though, at this point he's sipping martini's at a beach on an private island he bought.

Last edited by iceman (2014-02-08 17:01:34)

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#20 2014-02-08 17:06:37

protox13

iceman wrote:
noxalis wrote:
jere wrote:

Conspiracy theory - Immhotep is Noxalis is joshwithguitar.  JWG created Immhotep when he saw that everyone was working against Mr. Price in the crowdsourced map.  Immhotep was supposed to draw the attention off of Price by building Jaynes house, and when the time was right, Price would transfer all of the money to Jaynes.  This would hopefully make peace with the rest of Castle Doctrine - that's why he named his alternate account Immhotep.  Imhotep means "The one who comes in peace, is with peace".

At the same time, he realized that his strategy might not work.  Thus, he created a second alt account - noxalis.  "Actio noxalis" is a part of roman law that deals with violence done by someone's property.  Thus, he is obviously a symbolic counterpoint to the "peace" of Immhotep.  When jere figured immhotep's identity, jwg used noxalis to try to throw suspicious off of Immhotep, first by undermining the conspiracy theory, then by making a second thread that claimed to have killed price.  When JWG affirmed that Immhotep's picture was a fake, everyone would assume that noxalis killed price.

So who killed Price? NO-ONE!!! JWG realized that Price was going to be robbed eventually, so he decided to have Price retire in a way that everyone would think he died.  He created 2 accounts, and then, when a promising random house (Jaynes) rose in value, started an extended editing session with Price.  When people started to think Price died, he had his alts post pictures of Price's death, knowing that in the confusion and chaos, people would latch onto one or the other, but no-one would even suspect that Price isn't dead.  Really, though, at this point he's sipping martini's at a beach on an private island he bought.

So can we go after all of them, just to be sure? tongue Also, now I am thirsty. Excuse me while I go get a drink.

#21 2014-02-08 17:09:25

joshwithguitar

Nice theory iceman... what people don't realise is that besides all of this iceman is really JWG, who is actually Jere who is actually Bey Bey...

It is odd that Mr Jaynes seems to have stolen my identity - that entryway is oddly familiar.

#22 2014-02-08 17:13:27

noxalis

iceman wrote:
noxalis wrote:
jere wrote:

I appreciate that you know what my nickname means, you are the first smile

#23 2014-02-08 19:14:28

iceman
Website

noxalis wrote:

I appreciate that you know what my nickname means, you are the first smile

Here I was thinking that it was only a random thing I found that fit really well with Immhotep's (supposed) meaning =P

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#24 2014-02-09 05:48:07

arakira

You are all wrong. JWG is Jason Rohrer, that's why he can tweak the game to submit a house without any vault inside, so that nobody can steal him.

#25 2014-02-09 11:05:54

Blip

arakira wrote:

You are all wrong. JWG is Jason Rohrer, that's why he can tweak the game to submit a house without any vault inside, so that nobody can steal him.

No, Jason is everybody on the forums, and in game for that matter. It's all just Jason, playing against himself.

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

Board footer