The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-14 07:30:31

mala

double chihuahuas chessgame

Hi everybody,

I was trying to work on a chessboard house concept that i want to share with you.

It's based on having 2 chihuahuas moving in different direction (vertical/horizontal) and activating a series of logic gates.

Here's my first scheme, they're all "and gates" right now to make it simple.

http://castledraft.com/editor/QmlwSP

Unfortunately there are tons of problems i can see in this design (but we can fix them big_smile)

1st: Spacing. it requires a great amount of space to be set up to avoid wired wall to share the same signal.

2nd: Pressure plates. Since pressure plates do not have a return mechanism (they're locked in the new state till something switch them again)   you can simply walk to the opposite end of the room and eventually everything will be powered up by the dogs.

3rd: As a consequence of the 2nd problem i can't figure out how to avoid powering up some areas (i don't think a maze would work here).

I don't know if that's a stupid idea or not, i hope to get some ideas and maybe get to something good.

Hope you like the concept

Last edited by mala (2014-02-14 07:32:40)

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#2 2014-02-14 11:47:33

42dustman

Re: double chihuahuas chessgame

I like it, it's pretty creative, but I think it might have a weakness: What's to keep the burglar from simply breaking through the wall/glass, club the chihuahuas and press the right buttons himself?

Self-testing is torture.

#3 2014-02-14 11:51:51

PlasmaChroma

Re: double chihuahuas chessgame

42dustman wrote:

I like it, it's pretty creative, but I think it might have a weakness: What's to keep the burglar from simply breaking through the wall/glass, club the chihuahuas and press the right buttons himself?

Probably just add the meta-standard protection techniques anyone uses in similar puzzles.  More gap, pits, closing doors, whatever you want.

Board footer