The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-14 16:33:32

comg

Simultaneous buttons and unstable buttons

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to figure out something, but I don't know if they are even remotely doable:

- 2 buttons that needs to be pressed simultaneously (by a dog) in order to power something
- 1 button (I guess it would need other buttons around) where you need to stand in order to power something

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

ComG

#2 2014-02-14 16:36:20

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Re: Simultaneous buttons and unstable buttons

I think what you'd need here are "momentary" buttons that only stay down when something is still standing there.  But nothing like that exists in the game.

#3 2014-02-14 16:39:51

jasonrohrer
Administrator

Oh, and there's probably some way to BUILD this using the more advanced electronic techniques (like a timer that turns on with the switch press, leaves something on for one step, and then turns off after that).

#4 2014-02-14 17:11:04

iceman
Website

jasonrohrer wrote:

I think what you'd need here are "momentary" buttons that only stay down when something is still standing there.  But nothing like that exists in the game.

I don't quite remember how transitions for power doors work, but could it be something similar to that?  When someone is standing on it, it transitions to one state, and when someone ISN'T there, it transitions to the first?

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#5 2014-02-14 17:13:22

Gopher

on the wiki you'll find examples of pulse circuits, which send only a single quick pulse when first powered. One of these on each button, with the outputs connected to an AND gate, may well work. Not intimately familiar with the way circuits are updated, so more fiddling and wiring might be required, I'm not sure.

#6 2014-02-14 17:28:21

ukuko

http://castledraft.com/editor/kVZorP

In the above design both the buttons have to be pressed at the same time to power the circuit.

#7 2014-02-14 17:47:48

joshwithguitar

comg wrote:

- 1 button (I guess it would need other buttons around) where you need to stand in order to power something

I'm not really sure what you are trying to achieve with this one - would it work for you to have a button that you have to tread on at a specific time in order to power something? If so you can use a similar design to ukuko's where a cat treads on the second switch or you could use a clock setup to force the player on a specific turn.

#8 2014-02-14 17:56:18

iceman
Website

Like I thought, everything's already in place to make a "Non-toggle Pressure switch".  I just had to switch the first of these lines to the second:

mobile # toggle_switch:2 => 1
noMobile # toggle_switch:2 => 1

Here's a video of it in action

http://www.twitch.tv/theiceman76/b/503399753

(Glad to know your server's headless client is working wink )

EDIT: Hmmm... I think I replied to the wrong thread (kinda).  This is more about ways to do this in the current game, while the suggestion thread was about adding a new tile.

Last edited by iceman (2014-02-14 18:46:39)

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#9 2014-02-15 04:55:20

comg

ukuko wrote:

http://castledraft.com/editor/kVZorP

In the above design both the buttons have to be pressed at the same time to power the circuit.

It's exactly what I wanted smile

OK. I didn't expect to have to use the pulse generator but it makes senses now.

Josh: Yeah, using Ukuko design have the same effect actually (that's why I told about the 2 ideas in my topic wink)

Thanks to all of you, I gonna experiment new design with that smile

Board footer