The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-15 23:51:27

Lord0fHam

[Suggestion] Multiple Houses

So I have filled up my whole house space with traps and have upgraded everything I can. I have over 20k and am just saving up for paintings. Now I am getting sorta board and want to go a on a robbing rampage like you do when you restart. However, obviously i won't do that because i dont want to lose everything if i die. My suggestion is that you can have multiple characters with their own houses so that you can have fun robbing while still having a good house. Now of course this could be exploited to super boost one of your houses. Here is the solution: each of your characters can't see all the others on the list so you still can't even find out your other characters' names and tell a friend. This would make the game a lot more fun for me.

It's a trap!

#2 2014-02-16 00:24:31

Pandamonium

Re: [Suggestion] Multiple Houses

whilst I do like the idea of being able to control more than 1 character, I don't know how this would affect the balance the game.

There are times when you reach "end game" and are so... risk adverse, it gets boring.

#3 2014-02-16 00:45:29

Lord0fHam

I don't think it would affect the balance at all because the multiple characters wouldn't interact at all. And if i understand you correctly, you are also bored with the endgame which is why i wanted this.

It's a trap!

#4 2014-02-16 01:04:48

Pandamonium

I'm just trying to think of a way this can be incorporated into the theme of the existing game though.

Maybe once you get to a certain level of cash instead of buying painting, you get a "letter" from the lawyer's saying your "ex-wife" is asking for alimony, that you now need to build a house and protect them as well.
You can always let them die..... or have a 2nd home to protect smile

In any case, there needs to be a limit on "how many" homes you can have.

#5 2014-02-16 04:51:12

largestherb

buy another product key if you want another house big_smile

#6 2014-02-16 08:41:28

iceman
Website

I think it'd still have many of the disadvantages of dual accounts.  You can have one scout safely for the main to rob, you can still transfer tools by finding a cheap house, dropping the tools in there with your alt, and then robbing it with your main, and many more techniques.

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#7 2014-02-16 12:44:30

Lord0fHam

iceman wrote:

I think it'd still have many of the disadvantages of dual accounts.  You can have one scout safely for the main to rob, you can still transfer tools by finding a cheap house, dropping the tools in there with your alt, and then robbing it with your main, and many more techniques.

Maybe you get the chills on all houses that your other characters enter.

It's a trap!

Board footer