The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-17 14:46:03

jmeyer2k

TrineDoc Server: small community, fixed bugs, anti-cheat

TRINEDOC

http://108.174.50.215/forum

TrineDoc is an all new server that you can use instead of the main server. If you would like to join this server, post below. I will then accept you and send you a PM with instructions on how to get onto the server.

TrineDoc is great for players who don't want to get robbed as much as on the main server. We have a small active community and nobody cheats. Either of these will be caught by a moderator and will get you banned from the server.

Have Fun!
-Julian

Last edited by jmeyer2k (2014-02-18 07:54:01)

#2 2014-02-17 15:09:46

largestherb

Re: TrineDoc Server: small community, fixed bugs, anti-cheat

what is cheating or trolling under you guyses definition?

Last edited by largestherb (2014-02-17 15:09:59)

#3 2014-02-17 15:20:11

jere

If you walk into someone's house, troll. Take their money, cheater. Starting house gets $17,000,000,000,000.

j/k tongue Jason seems very encouraging about people starting their own servers.

TrineDoc is great for players who don't want to get robbed as much as on the main server.

Seriously though, I don't get this part. It would then be a server for people who prefer not robbing very much either, right?

Golden Krone Hotel - a vampire roguelike

#4 2014-02-17 16:00:14

super_maçon

With just less players on the server you won't get robbed as often. Well that's how i understand it.

I don't know, i'm fine with getting rob but actually i can't play that much on the official server.
I have some good starting design but i need to play quite some time to make enough cash ( bounties and low starting robbery ) before being able to leave a house that may pass the first night, the rhythm is quite fast, houses value can bump really quickly ( 4/5 hours easy... I can't play for 4/5 hours and even if i start to get some successful rob it's not that much money, i also can't get back on line every 4/5 hours... ).

I was wondering how the game will be if there was a limit of player per server.

So I'd like to try playing on a server with less player actually, the same rules, just less people.

Last edited by super_maçon (2014-02-17 16:03:34)

#5 2014-02-17 16:05:53

jmeyer2k

super_maçon wrote:

With just less players on the server you won't get robbed as often. Well that's how i understand it.

I don't know, i'm fine with getting rob but actually i can't play that much on the official server.
I have some good starting design but i need to play quite some time to make enough cash ( bounties and low starting robbery ) before being able to leave a house that may pass the first night, the rhythm is quite fast, houses value can bump really quickly ( 4/5 hours easy... I can't play for 4/5 hours and even if i start to get some successful rob it's not that much money, i also can't get back on line every 4/5 hours... ).

I was wondering how the game will be if there was a limit of player per server.

So I'd like to try playing on a server with less player actually, the same rules, just less people.

So, you would like to play? PM me if you do, as to not spam up this forum.

#6 2014-02-17 16:31:09

iceman
Website

jmeyer2k wrote:

So, you would like to play? PM me if you do, as to not spam up this forum.

I'm pretty sure these forums don't have a PM system.

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#7 2014-02-17 16:35:25

jmeyer2k

Yeah, just figured that out. I guess you can just tell me on this forum and I'll reply... Jason needs to add that capability.

#8 2014-02-17 16:37:58

super_maçon

Add me then, i'll enjoy trying a less crowded server. smile

Edit : you can always send an email with the forum, and maybe add yours too.

Last edited by super_maçon (2014-02-17 16:38:51)

#9 2014-02-17 18:27:58

JoyOfTrapping

What do you consider trolling on the server?

YT: www.youtube.com/user/JoyOfTrapping - The Bushido Code of Castle Doctrine:
Death  --> Observation --> Knowledge --> Power  --> Application --> Testing --> Skill
Seriousness --> Caution --> Deliberation --> Clearer Thinking --> More Success --> Less Frustration
Lack of Attachment to Results --> Lighthearted Play --> Respect for Enemies --> No Anger After Failures --> Faster Skill Building

#10 2014-02-17 18:31:16

jmeyer2k

I'm not sure. I was just saying use common sense.

#11 2014-02-18 00:14:22

jmeyer2k

We will also will be looking into moderators and some forum software for the website.

#12 2014-02-18 00:57:33

42dustman

I want in smile.

Self-testing is torture.

#13 2014-02-18 01:15:53

jmeyer2k

We finally have a forum. Please refer to that now when applying to get in.

http://108.174.50.215/forum

#14 2014-02-18 01:17:21

jmeyer2k

42dustman wrote:

I want in smile.

I need your email or you can sign up here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1JeGgnU … I/viewform

#15 2014-02-18 01:23:36

Storm

jmeyer2k wrote:

TrineDoc is an all new server that you can use instead of the main server. If you would like to join this server, post below. I will then accept you and send you a PM with instructions on how to get onto the server.

TrineDoc is great for players who don't want to get robbed as much as on the main server. We have a small active community and nobody cheats or trolls. Either of these will be caught by a moderator and will get you banned from the server.

Have Fun!
-Julian

sounds good. you could make a mod for it too. Replace electric floors with throw rugs, bloodthirsty dogs into guests you invited over for tea and supper, have a nice little dinner with all the neighbors. maybe make a spa out of pits in the backyard next to your vault where none of your neighbors would touch it anyways. people would never troll you by coming in and trying to destroy your nice things, you could live in comfort and safety. Ahh, so relaxing, no danger or conflict at all. sound like a good little get-together. one person could build a church and a school and everyone could behave nicely and courteously, with mod reinforcement just in case anyone dares to step out of line. Here in wonderful Trinedoc land. Why, you could make it just like another The Sims game. I for one will be joining you in your Shangri-la, I hope there's enough chairs for everyone! big_smile

Last edited by Storm (2014-02-18 01:30:26)

#16 2014-02-18 07:53:36

jmeyer2k

Storm wrote:
jmeyer2k wrote:

TrineDoc is great for players who don't want to get robbed as much as on the main server. We have a small active community and nobody cheats or trolls. Either of these will be caught by a moderator and will get you banned from the server.

Have Fun!
-Julian

sounds good. you could make a mod for it too. Replace electric floors with throw rugs, bloodthirsty dogs into guests you invited over for tea and supper, have a nice little dinner with all the neighbors. maybe make a spa out of pits in the backyard next to your vault where none of your neighbors would touch it anyways. people would never troll you by coming in and trying to destroy your nice things, you could live in comfort and safety. Ahh, so relaxing, no danger or conflict at all. sound like a good little get-together. one person could build a church and a school and everyone could behave nicely and courteously, with mod reinforcement just in case anyone dares to step out of line. Here in wonderful Trinedoc land. Why, you could make it just like another The Sims game. I for one will be joining you in your Shangri-la, I hope there's enough chairs for everyone! big_smile

#17 2014-02-18 09:13:15

largestherb

largestherb wrote:

what is cheating or trolling under you guyses definition?

'use common sense' is not helpful, because i might consider a house full of grids and magic dances trolling.

you might consider a house with a trap on the front step trolling.

you need to have clear guidelines if you are threatening banning people!

#18 2014-02-18 09:25:43

colorfusion

I'd guess by cheating, jmeyer2k means viewing the whole map; which Jason himself is finding hard to prevent or detect. Trolling is pretty vague, perhaps something like this, preventing players entering their house? I think most "trolling", like destroying houses and killing people, is necessary and intended in the game.

#19 2014-02-18 15:24:06

jmeyer2k

colorfusion wrote:

I'd guess by cheating, jmeyer2k means viewing the whole map; which Jason himself is finding hard to prevent or detect. Trolling is pretty vague, perhaps something like this, preventing players entering their house? I think most "trolling", like destroying houses and killing people, is necessary and intended in the game.

Yes, thank you. I was tired when I wrote it. I took out trolling.

We have started to grow some. So far, we have 10 active users who play on the server smile. Happy robbing?

#20 2014-02-18 22:08:21

jmeyer2k

Here is your free $674 design for the day! You could expand a lot on this since it is such a low cost.

http://castledraft.com/editor/jjpCHf

Board footer