The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-02-16 18:44:47

iceman
Website

[Mod] Visual Electronics Tutorial

I know electronics and their interesting properties are a mystery to *many* people (myself included).  Since the biggest problem to understanding electronics is the 32 substeps calculated that you don't actually see, I thought I'd make a mod that lets you see them!

There's a good written guide here that you can go through to help understand exactly what you're seeing.

Right now not everything is working.  Specifically, I haven't gotten it to "reset" to the lowest state when it detects a loop, which is key to some advanced electronics.  I know how to do it, but it'll take a bit of work, so I figured I'd just put the "easy part" out here until I finish.  Right now, you'll be able to see what happens during a step.

Instructions:
1. Download Here
2. Unzip the file
3. Run the game!

12578291183_55da42ed1e.jpg
Oh, and my grayscale mod seems to have crept in there (not a shameless plug, I swear! =p)

Last edited by iceman (2014-02-16 18:49:31)

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#2 2014-02-16 23:01:15

LiteS

Re: [Mod] Visual Electronics Tutorial

o, sorry, I robbed this house while you were testing.

#3 2014-02-17 11:05:11

iceman
Website

Lol, don't worry, none of these lives mean anything to me wink

The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#4 2014-02-17 20:06:01

iceman
Website

Still haven't gotten the resetting working, but I figured out a way to see what happens for clock counters.  Set up something like this, and every 2 steps will be the same as 1 step in "real life".

Board footer