The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-15 10:28:15

mala

back in action

After 4 days of scouting, i managed to rob a 25k+ house.

I've stalked the house for a week, taking notes on castledraft to find any leak in the design, spent the last 3 days to figure out how to solve it with the 2k tools, but it seemed pretty impossible, but finally i've found the flaws i was looking for big_smile

Since he survived the robbery (wife had 3k), i won't post the design,

but you've made two major blunders Mr. John Rafael Williams,

1: the dog activating your last magic dance it's out of sight, i can just walk on the electric floor without being seen by the dog in the first place.

2: i have NO IDEA how to get past your last line of defense (the cat) and i'm still curious about it's solution. BUT... it's placed 4 tiles away from the robbers position so it can be hit with a brick.

All in all, i had to solve the entire house without using a single tool, than brick the cat and use a ladder to reach the vault (1950$)

Now i have a nice new starting house and i've made myself a new enemy across the street!!!

this game is great big_smile

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#2 2014-03-15 11:04:52

Storm

Re: back in action

heh, nicely done. Would be cool to see a victory video of you doing it. Even though you said his wife is still up he'd have to redesign the whole thing anyway now that you've broken it otherwise you could easily get right back to his vault, even if he just changed a couple things. In my opinion, if you break it you bought it and can post it up if you feel like it at that point.

Last edited by Storm (2014-03-15 11:09:35)

#3 2014-03-15 11:07:20

TheRealCheese

Do you know your name or your entrance/value? I want to see what you did with the score big_smile (I am not the person you robbed, just curious smile )

#4 2014-03-15 12:05:53

mala

TheRealCheese wrote:

Do you know your name or your entrance/value? I want to see what you did with the score big_smile (I am not the person you robbed, just curious smile )

i don't know my name sad

i have a big plan in progress, don't have the money to complete it so i just made the house unbreakable wit 2k tools while testing/upgrading the rest.

Storm wrote:

heh, nicely done. Would be cool to see a victory video of you doing it. Even though you said his wife is still up he'd have to redesign the whole thing anyway now that you've broken it otherwise you could easily get right back to his vault, even if he just changed a couple things. In my opinion, if you break it you bought it and can post it up if you feel like it at that point.

does the game take record of the robberies? if not, i don't have any video big_smile

I've kept an eye on him since the hit, and he went up to 5.5k but now he dropped to 4.8 and the visits/deaths count has been reset, so he must have changed something.

Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#5 2014-03-15 12:15:57

mala

maybe he doesn't knows his name so i'll post the entrance

http://castledraft.com/editor/ELcGgl

if you recognize the house, your name is John Rafael William, can you please tell me my name?

Last edited by mala (2014-03-15 12:16:30)

#6 2014-03-16 09:42:12

mala

no, no answer from him,

he hasn't even entered my house once since the robbery... where's my challenge?

#7 2014-03-16 10:58:53

Kimenzar

mala wrote:

does the game take record of the robberies? if not, i don't have any video big_smile

copy the right recorded games file in playback game, and you can watch your session wink there was somewhere an option to fast forward as well, but need to find it again.

#8 2014-03-16 11:14:15

iceman
Website

Kimenzar wrote:
mala wrote:

copy the right recorded games file in playback game, and you can watch your session wink there was somewhere an option to fast forward as well, but need to find it again.

You have to go into the settings folder and edit "enableSpeedControlKeys" to 1.  Then, you can use ^ to ) to choose the speed of the game.

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#9 2014-03-16 12:51:17

mala

ty, actually the video is kinda boring, i already had the whole design, so it's just me walking straight to the vault.

nothing exciting, exception made for the 25k reward big_smile

#10 2014-03-16 18:06:07

JoyOfTrapping

That dude needs to build a new house design.  I've busted that house more than once.  He's been building that over and over for like 1 month +.  Hats off to you on breaking it again.

YT: www.youtube.com/user/JoyOfTrapping - The Bushido Code of Castle Doctrine:
Death  --> Observation --> Knowledge --> Power  --> Application --> Testing --> Skill
Seriousness --> Caution --> Deliberation --> Clearer Thinking --> More Success --> Less Frustration
Lack of Attachment to Results --> Lighthearted Play --> Respect for Enemies --> No Anger After Failures --> Faster Skill Building

#11 2014-03-16 19:18:59

mala

he's gone, not on the list anymore

Board footer