The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-03-30 07:52:41

Cylence

From R. J. Ponder to W. B. Tedder

From Richard Jeffrey Ponder To Walter Bryan Tedder,

Your value shot to 200k over night and I couldn't resist. I'm guessing some people died in there, since the auction house has some more paintings.

I think I was about 8-10 saws away from your vault (had that ladder in my backpack to pass that last trapdoor). Don't know for sure though. (could you let me know?)

Wish I could come back and check it out.
Upon contemplating my next visit I went to check my house value. I sold my tools to see the total (I like to budget at least keep 4k so I can earn money faster). I usually hit the undo, but this time I forgot. So said. sad My thieving resources have been cut in half since I'll have to buy my tools. Which means... I can't visit for awhile.

Thank you for visiting me. It's nice to see more tooled efforts on my place. With your bankroll, I'm sure I'll see you a tenth time (just did a search for your name to see how many visits). You did your homework before bringing gifts (tools). Hopefully I can be online when you get halfway through and out again, so I can spend my money and give you new sections to tool around in.

I look forward to seeing the tape where you find my vault. It's inevitable. Let me know what you think of the place smile

Sincerely,
Rich

p.s. I'm guessing there's a northern dog for your double magic dance. I couldn't see him because of how I entered the section, you may want to fix that.

Edit: Changed Title to include both names.

Last edited by Cylence (2014-03-30 07:59:51)

Current Life: Mark John Perez
Prev Life: Ronald Michael Jensen
Burglary: Home Invasion 101
Building: House Design 101

#2 2014-03-30 09:11:00

PsyBlade

Re: From R. J. Ponder to W. B. Tedder

You'r right, last night I got:
Graig Eugene Pearson: $200 !
Joseph Richard Welch $16,100
Andrew Andre Garland $3,600
Charles S. Gerald $24,100
Lloyd John Randazzo $4,600
Brian James Calabrese $2,100

quite a change, before I only attracted $100 robbers
I suspect 100k might be one of those magical barriers like 2k and 10k

Yours is the most secure place I have started to rob. I'm down 20k and have only seen like 60%. But I don't consider myself a good robber, just an extremely cautious one. But surviving long enough together with an trap that most robbers don't get goes a long way toward success.

What I like about the place is that even with an incomplete map I had no idea what the intended route is.

It weren't really a ten robberies. I should have a few in the beginning where I were only searching for specific houses or pictures.

Yes, five more saws would have gotten you almost to the save. Only one small trap left. I will post a map when it's beaten. Only a matter of time now that the heavy hitters started coming.

#3 2014-03-30 09:15:25

Cylence

Editing my place right now, you've hit 50%. Will be back after self testing (hopefully still alive) to respond.

#4 2014-03-30 10:10:50

Cylence

And... dead. One slip to the left incorrectly.

#5 2014-03-30 10:33:03

PsyBlade

Another thing I liked is that you put the cats into the pits. It's more expensive but well worth it imho. Most people just let them sitting out in the open, begging for a brick.

#6 2014-03-30 10:56:16

mala

Cylence wrote:

Editing my place right now.

Cylence wrote:

Will be back after self testing.

Cylence wrote:

One slip to the left incorrectly.

beautiful... the perfect Castle Doctrine haiku.

That goes in my signature big_smile

Last edited by mala (2014-03-30 11:00:39)

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#7 2014-03-30 11:09:13

Cylence

WxyOdh6.jpg

Actually the cats in pits were courtesy of a previous robber breaking my vault. He gave me an idea to set up all my pits with cats and let people find my vault (most of my money in my backpack and wife). Wife gave me enough to build up that first time. I had a ton of cats you had to walk through, and bam theres the vault. You lock in the changes, I come back and restore my house to normal (hordes of pitbulls hidden away come back).

I was gonna release the map after you broke it. However, since I died with it. It's still good. Might rebuild it at a later date. I'm sad you didn't get to see my new front. Same puzzle, new choices. I had been wanting to make this final edit for a long time, but the cost to change would take me from the front page, so I was waiting for more visitors. After blowing money on your vault attempt it didn't matter.

And don't worry, I won't share the map I drew of your place unless someone offers me $100k to do so. I doubt that's gonna happen.

I know your earlier visits were just painting checks.

The thing about my place was that there were multiple intended routes. I had 6 locations for the vault to sit and used to rotate them but people didn't get far enough. Depending on the vault location, you have to take a specific route which was woven into the other routes. Although, taking a specific route in a certain direction locked other things out.

Your beginning trap looked fun, I'd have to review how it worked.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on my place.

#8 2014-03-30 11:10:27

Cylence

Mala... hilarious smile

#9 2014-03-31 14:05:32

PsyBlade

Have a new house?

#10 2014-04-01 11:23:55

Cylence

PsyBlade,

Not yet. Haven't had the time to scout out houses. I like to start with more than the first 2k, but it's a matter of opportunity that I can come upon a house that's breakable with 2k or less tools. My last starting fund was solved with a door stopper and 2 saws for 8500. Add that to the 1k I didn't spend, and 9500 can get a nice start with a little leftover for pulling in customers.

Robbing is time consuming since I'm someone who will map a place out. I might write a guide on how I start from 2k. But it usually goes like this.
1. I do tool-less scouts on a bunch of houses. Recording entrances. Then suicide (in my own house). This allows you to do a bunch of scouting without having to worry about the 5 minute limit when you start a fresh house. You will still be able to visit these same houses in the next life (since you didn't bring tools or die).
2. Start doing tooled suicide runs to see if you can break any of them. You should have more info on which tools you'll need. Map as you go. If you don't break one, you can check to see if any of them have changed and try in the next 24 hours. These runs will not use tools to keep it safe to get out. Tools are used to get deeper.
3. Eventually you'll crack something and return within the 5 minute window of a fresh life to build out the house (you've already designed). If you haven't designed it yet, don't go robbing unless you do.
note: the best houses to target are the ones that were built on the original 2k and visitors die and leave tools, and they haven't been back to upgrade yet.

When I get something up, maybe this weekend if I have time, I'll let you know my value/entrance.
Saw you got taken down. I'd recommend not committing suicide since you won't have to buy dogs again. Well, unless you want your wife alive, you can usually get a donation to bring your $0 house up again.

Last edited by Cylence (2014-04-01 11:26:24)

#11 2014-04-01 11:29:55

PsyBlade

I'm going to take a break and then start fresh.
Was looking for someone to get my bounty.
Decided to offer it as a reward for a tool less solution to my house

#12 2014-04-01 11:48:15

Cylence

You give it away already? I can look at your map. I figured out your front even before you posted it smile. I like sight changes, they are an obscure thing. My hint of how to solve it came when I got to your double dog dance. Only seeing 1 of them meant you expected me to travel all the way down first. I can check the rest of it though.

Board footer