The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#51 2014-04-07 19:59:10

Lord0fHam

Re: New real money bounty of $150 on dual accounter Brian Steven Naylor

Yeah xandalis, just spend some money to map it like I did, and you'll never be short on cash.

It's a trap!

#52 2014-04-07 20:00:59

xandalis

In the meantime I'll let whoever's trying to crack my place keep beating their head against the wall.

edit: I really need to STOP failing to recognize when a dog around a corner is pinned vs hasn't seen you yet.

Last edited by xandalis (2014-04-07 20:06:00)

#53 2014-04-07 20:06:56

iceman
Website

You also need to actually know the secret to solving his house- I've gone through his house several times, and *still* haven't figured out the solution.  I keep getting stuck at the powered doors sad Maybe I'm just blind, though.

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#54 2014-04-07 20:20:07

Lord0fHam

Iceman, if you put your mind to it, you'll get it, trust me. It's easy.

It's a trap!

#55 2014-04-07 20:20:39

xandalis

Meh. At least my current design scheme remains fairly well un-cracked. Had one person make it to eye-shot of the safe once, after cracking the wall to see the trap workings early in this last time. Suicided though, and the next guy with tools wound up just utterly failing and dying. If that was a multi-account user, wow they suck. Had a few others get closer, but that was after having a commit at the door. One other made it to eye shot of the 2nd location after that got built (thank you whoever's 5 minutes elapsed on their starter house), and a few other bounty donations (one was an attempted rob-back, who died). Time to call it a wrap for a day or so though, I'm un-enthused by most of the current house designs I'm seeing, so I'll wait 'till there's some fresh material to try hitting up.

#56 2014-04-07 20:26:51

pagedMov

iceman wrote:

You also need to actually know the secret to solving his house- I've gone through his house several times, and *still* haven't figured out the solution.  I keep getting stuck at the powered doors sad Maybe I'm just blind, though.

Here's a guide to solving his house:
When you come in, go right and drug the dog around the corner. Then go right again until you find a lot of electric floors with a fried pit bull. go up through the broken windows so that the cat sees you. The cat will then run onto a sticky pressure pad, this will activate some trap doors later on. Then go to the left and down the door with the electric floors wrapping around the corner. Then continue past the broken electric door commit. go left and drug all of the dogs you see, this will take 3 drugged meats. Continue left until you find a stopped electric door, go through it and go up and press that button. Go back to the aforementioned broken electric door commit and go through the door to the right of it. The powered trapdoors should be closed. Continue to the right after the floors. Go through the door closest to you. Go up it, and you will see quite a bit of electric floors. None of these will be turned on, but don't spam W running up there because you might trip into a pit at the top. Go left, up, then right through the doors and go up to an unpowered trap door, careful not to accidentally fall in it (this actually happened to me), then go press the buttons on the right. make sure the pressure plat the the right of the power source is turned off. Then go down, left, then up, and you should be at the vault.

EDIT: I just went through Connel's house to see if this guide was accurate and someone just dumped a 5k bounty in there. lol.

Currently attempting to carry out the legacy of my greatest life, James Michael Henley

♪ Hello darkness, my old friend ♪

#57 2014-04-07 20:38:54

Lord0fHam

WHY WOULD YOU TELL EVERYONE? it's supposed to be a secret. now there will never be any money there ever again. delete that post!

It's a trap!

#58 2014-04-07 20:45:45

iceman
Website

Thanks, pagedMov; I actually didn't expect anyone to tell me how, since I think most people who know the solution keep it secret for themselves.  Anyways, most of that seems familiar to what I did last time- I'm not sure what I did differently, but there's probably a small button I didn't press somewhere wink

xandalis wrote:

Time to call it a wrap for a day or so though, I'm un-enthused by most of the current house designs I'm seeing, so I'll wait 'till there's some fresh material to try hitting up.

There's some brand new material on the first page!  At about 57k, single digit visits, funded by no less than three >30k robberies, featuring a cat room and original traps designed by yours truly wink

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#59 2014-04-07 20:52:49

pagedMov

eh, I'm a nice guy. This thread's probably going to be buried in a while anyway. Besides, it's not like everyone who plays the castle doctrine browses the forums regularly enough to see that post buried in such an unsuspecting place.

Last edited by pagedMov (2014-04-07 20:56:09)

Currently attempting to carry out the legacy of my greatest life, James Michael Henley

#60 2014-04-07 21:05:49

poor

At least there's still ██████'s house. What's funny is he'll occasionally repair it but never actually changes the solution. I've stolen around $30,000 from him across multiple lives.

"Safety" is relative
Current life: None; I'm quite dead.

#61 2014-04-07 21:17:41

pagedMov

poor wrote:

At least there's still ██████'s house. What's funny is he'll occasionally repair it but never actually changes the solution. I've stolen around $30,000 from him across multiple lives.

that spoiler just killed me.

#62 2014-04-08 05:28:36

AMWhy

For anyone wondering who Naylor's second account is, I have strong suspicions that it is Leonard R Carpenter.  Carpenter has spent 16900 (or 8450) on tools trying to reach my 4k safe.  Naylor has spent 9600 (or 4800) on the exact same route to where he believes my safe is/was.  Both have visited my house multiple times (10+) and always take the same route through the same walls.

Board footer