The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-10 02:28:03

Kimenzar

Neighboorhood News

One or multiple unidentified mans are going around and feed the dogs with bags of meat. Dogowner should check there house for meat in their house.

More News? Post them! big_smile

Last edited by Kimenzar (2014-04-10 02:40:54)

#2 2014-04-15 08:47:40

Kimenzar

Re: Neighboorhood News

Alton James Malone, a tophouse in broken state has been taken down. There is a suspicion, that a friend made it unsolvable or a dual account. Necessary Cats were dead to get any further into this, placed with otherwise weak commitgates, house. An Anonymous Message from the robber said, that he felt the urge to take down this unhonorable house, at all costs.

Last edited by Kimenzar (2014-04-15 08:48:52)

#3 2014-04-15 11:46:30

Blip

Kimenzar wrote:

Alton James Malone, a tophouse in broken state has been taken down. There is a suspicion, that a friend made it unsolvable or a dual account. Necessary Cats were dead to get any further into this, placed with otherwise weak commitgates, house. An Anonymous Message from the robber said, that he felt the urge to take down this unhonorable house, at all costs.

I made it unsolvable by robbing him a while back. The cat died when I progressed past that section after having used it to hit a switch.

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#4 2014-04-15 12:10:16

iceman
Website

Man Discovers Neighbor's House in Ruins
An anonymous member of the community rushed to the police on Monday upon discovering the rampant destruction in Michael Lance Gillard's house.  "It was terrible!" he said, visibly shaken.  "Dogs were laying around dead everywhere, and there was just a giant tunnel going through the walls."

When asked what he was doing in Gillard's house, the source stopped answering questions.

UPDATE: Suspecting the worst, police obtained a permit and searched the source's house.  Although there was no evidence that he was the one who vandalized Gillard, they did find detailed notes and maps of Gillard's house, along with outlines of instructions to reach the vault with no tools.  When asked, he responded "I just wanted my own, personal Connell... I knew I should've taken the money from his vault before it started looking too tempting for others to rob!  If it wasn't for th-" (his shouting cut off at this point as the police stuffed him in the back of the police car).

This is just the latest of a series of robberies and vandalism that has taken over our neighborhood.  Who will be the next to be hit?  Who is behind all of this?  Keep reading Neighborhood News to stay updated on future updates!

---
Iceman is a freelance writer writing for Neighborhood News.  His hobbies and interests include reading, dogs, cats, electrical work, problem solving, and more.

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#5 2014-04-15 14:03:40

Kimenzar

Blip wrote:
Kimenzar wrote:

I made it unsolvable by robbing him a while back. The cat died when I progressed past that section after having used it to hit a switch.

Then, why didn't you robbed the house again with the map in your hand? =P

Iceman, more please smile

#6 2014-04-15 14:13:43

Blip

Kimenzar wrote:
Blip wrote:

Because I didn't have the tools to do so, now that it was broken.

Also, Iceman, you would make a great reporter.

#7 2014-04-15 15:34:26

Blip

Just realized, iceman... what happened to Gilliard was my handiwork as well. tongue

#8 2014-04-15 15:35:19

Cylence

Plenty of good TCD fiction lately, I'm gonna run out of popcorn gifs.

2XGa3.gif

Current Life: Mark John Perez
Prev Life: Ronald Michael Jensen
Burglary: Home Invasion 101
Building: House Design 101

#9 2014-04-15 15:42:10

Kimenzar

Blip wrote:
Kimenzar wrote:
Blip wrote:

Because I didn't have the tools to do so, now that it was broken.

Also, Iceman, you would make a great reporter.

explosive, brick and some saws would be enough ;P and waters if you want a safepath back big_smile

#10 2014-04-15 16:19:37

Kimenzar

Very interesting trap detected.

http://castledraft.com/editor/6KMw7Z

A robber sent us these very unclear blueprints. A fake Commit with a clear visible Vault, easy to bruteforce, but fatal to be taken easy. The power do not come from the button. It comes from the wall. Son timer is set and a wife commit established. *abathur voice*

This was just a really interesting trap, if the vault wouldn't have been in sight, i would have just left cause this wife as a commit is just to strong. But these 2 Powers the dog and the shadow of another dog( Maybe someone knew what i talk about) seems like a very interesting trap. Poor thing that the wife needed to die to research this trap safely.

I only found a good solution of this trap, after i got to the vault(the backupdog died with the wife), but now I know(thanks real blueprints ;P )

#11 2014-04-15 16:49:57

cullman

Kimenzar wrote:

A robber sent us these very unclear blueprints. A fake Commit with a clear visible Vault, easy to bruteforce, but fatal to be taken easy. The power do not come from the button. It comes from the wall. Son timer is set and a wife commit established. *abathur voice*

This was just a really interesting trap, if the vault wouldn't have been in sight, i would have just left cause this wife as a commit is just to strong. But these 2 Powers the dog and the shadow of another dog( Maybe someone knew what i talk about) seems like a very interesting trap. Poor thing that the wife needed to die to research this trap safely.

I only found a good solution of this trap, after i got to the vault(the backupdog died with the wife), but now I know(thanks real blueprints ;P )

That was my house, just playing around.   It was the original house I used to use to entice big bounty transfer between alts, to help show Jason there was large bounty transfers going on between alts.  You could move huge amounts safely in this house cause it killed someone that didn't want to bring a ladder, or a revolver or both.  Here is proof that it was mine.  Your layout isn't exactly right.  I was going to extend it, and make another real money contest out of this house but, now that someone has posted it without my permission I guess back to the drawing board :

kUzb900.png

#12 2014-04-15 16:53:58

Kimenzar

cullman wrote:
Kimenzar wrote:

That was my house, just playing around.   It was the original house I used to use to entice big bounty transfer between alts, to help show Jason there was large bounty transfers going on between alts.  You could move huge amounts safely in this house cause it killed someone that didn't want to bring a ladder, or a revolver or both.  Here is proof that it was mine.  Your layout isn't exactly right.  I was going to extend it, and make another real money contest out of this house but, now that someone has posted it without my permission I guess back to the drawing board :

http://i.imgur.com/kUzb900.png

That was the reason why I didn't post the actual blueprint, only the idea. I am sorry, but this idea was by far the best I come through a long time. I was like: What the fuck?! That easy? Wait, there is something wrong with this commit!

#13 2014-04-15 16:56:21

cullman

Kimenzar wrote:
cullman wrote:
Kimenzar wrote:

That was the reason why I didn't post the actual blueprint, only the idea. I am sorry, but this idea was by far the best I come through a long time. I was like: What the fuck?! That easy? Wait, there is something wrong with this commit!

No big deal.  I knew that one wouldn't last long.  I was gonna drum up enough money to move the vault out of sight.  You think that one is sneaky you should see the one blip brute forced.  He blew right by the tricky parts of my house with brute force, no one I've shown the map to can figure out how to solve even with the map to look at.

#14 2014-04-15 16:58:20

Kimenzar

cullman wrote:
Kimenzar wrote:
cullman wrote:

No big deal.  I knew that one wouldn't last long.  I was gonna drum up enough money to move the vault out of sight.  You think that one is sneaky you should see the one blip brute forced.  He blew right by the tricky parts of my house with brute force, no one I've shown the map to can figure out how to solve even with the map to look at.

I would be honored to see the map. I like puzzles. Sadly most of times I don't have enough money to figure out most houses.

#15 2014-04-15 17:07:52

cullman

Kimenzar wrote:
cullman wrote:
Kimenzar wrote:

I would be honored to see the map. I like puzzles. Sadly most of times I don't have enough money to figure out most houses.

PM me and I will email you it, if you promise not to share.  It's a good design that no one has gotten close to noodling out yet, so I will probably reuse.

#16 2014-04-15 17:41:57

MMaster

cullman wrote:

That was my house, just playing around.   It was the original house I used to use to entice big bounty transfer between alts, to help show Jason there was large bounty transfers going on between alts.  You could move huge amounts safely in this house cause it killed someone that didn't want to bring a ladder, or a revolver or both.

Here is house idea that can help with your cause:

EDIT: bad link
http://castledraft.com/editor/zPvoA1

I've used it on my second account just for fun as there was one thread on the forum that said that 2 accounts can be used to break someones house to give him advantage and I wanted to show that it is possible even solo.

First robber that comes into house:
When he takes his first step, chihuahua ends up dead in the pit and cat jumps to sticky switch powering the button for the dog.
From what he sees he figures out that second pitbull will hit the button and trap door will close when he steps there (there is no other way, right?).
He takes second step on the trap door and trap door will close under his feet and he can go right to the vault.
While he walks to the vault the cat suicides on the electric floor.
The vault is positioned in a way so the pitbulls at the beginning will stay at right positions when its robbed.
As first robber takes money from vault the house gets saved. No big deal, your wife saved you half of your money so your house will still show up on the list and robbers will come.

Second, third ... robber that comes into house:
When he takes his first step, he does not see any cat (he has no idea there was supposed to be some cat) and chihuahua is dead in the pit to prevent pitbull from jumping there.
From what he sees he figures out that second pitbull will hit the button and trap door will close when he steps there (there is no other way, right?).
He takes second step on the trap door and ends up dead.

Why? Because cat that originally pushed the button to power the pit is already dead.

This house surprisingly generated quite a lot of money (~$15k a day) and I bet some variation of it can be used for money transfer (this one wasn't and there was even a post on the forum about it).

Last edited by MMaster (2014-04-15 17:45:21)

#17 2014-04-15 17:44:17

cullman

MMaster wrote:
cullman wrote:

That was my house, just playing around.   It was the original house I used to use to entice big bounty transfer between alts, to help show Jason there was large bounty transfers going on between alts.  You could move huge amounts safely in this house cause it killed someone that didn't want to bring a ladder, or a revolver or both.

Here is house idea that can help with your cause:

http://castledraft.com/editor/zPvoA1

I've used it on my second account just for fun as there was one thread on the forum that said that 2 accounts can be used to break someones house to give him advantage and I wanted to show that it is possible even solo.

First robber that comes into house:
When he takes his first step, chihuahua ends up dead in the pit and cat jumps to sticky switch powering the button for the dog.
He takes second step on the trap door and trap door will close under his feet and he can go right to the vault.
While he walks to the vault the cat suicides on the electric floor.
The vault is positioned in a way so the pitbulls at the beginning will stay at right positions when its robbed.
As first robber takes money from vault the house gets saved. No big deal, your wife saved you half of your money so your house will still show up on the list and robbers will come.

Second, third ... robber that comes into house:
When he takes his first step, he does not see any cat (he has no idea there was supposed to be some cat) and chihuahua is dead in the pit to prevent pitbull from jumping there.
He takes second step on the trap door and ends up dead.

Why? Because cat that originally pushed the button to power the pit is already dead.

This house surprisingly generated quite a lot of money (~$15k a day) and I bet some variation of it can be used for money transfer (this one wasn't and there was even a post on the forum about it).

Very cool idea.  It's these sort of things that make this game brilliant.

Last edited by cullman (2014-04-16 06:27:50)

#18 2014-04-15 17:45:11

Lord0fHam

i think you may have linked the wrong thing

It's a trap!

#19 2014-04-15 17:46:43

MMaster

Lord0fHam wrote:

i think you may have linked the wrong thing

You are right smile

#20 2014-04-15 17:51:07

poor

MMaster, are you sure you posted the right house?

"Safety" is relative
Current life: None; I'm quite dead.

#21 2014-04-15 17:51:57

MMaster

poor wrote:

MMaster, are you sure you posted the right house?

Yep. Refresh it and you should see EDIT.

#22 2014-04-15 17:52:53

Lord0fHam

I may have to try this.

It's a trap!

#23 2014-04-15 17:53:15

MMaster

cullman wrote:

Very cool idea.  It's these sort of things that make this game brilliant.

I posted wrong link from other thread. Can you please fix it in your quote? People will get confused. Thanks!

#24 2014-04-15 18:08:26

poor

"Safety" is relative
Current life: None; I'm quite dead.

#25 2014-04-15 18:19:14

Lord0fHam

poor wrote:

did you rob him?

It's a trap!

Board footer