The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-17 02:48:35

Kimenzar

Shadowoption in buildmode

I would love to have this, not for a fast visibility test, more like, because I want to stream, but don't like the idea to show my first screen on stream. People would just see the same thing as they would enter my house with this option.

#2 2014-04-17 02:51:03

Cylence

Re: Shadowoption in buildmode

Kimenzar wrote:

I would love to have this, not for a fast visibility test, more like, because I want to stream, but don't like the idea to show my first screen on stream. People would just see the same thing as they would enter my house with this option.

I'm always up for extra features. +1 for fast visibility test smile

Current Life: Mark John Perez
Prev Life: Ronald Michael Jensen
Burglary: Home Invasion 101
Building: House Design 101

#3 2014-04-17 07:48:41

mala

+1

it would be useful to have the option to toggle visibility while in building mode, after all is like shutting off the lights in your own house, nothing weird about it.

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#4 2014-04-17 09:27:55

MMaster

Good idea. There is just one small problem that in edit mode powered doors are not closed and therefore you will be able to see through them in edit mode. It's not a big issue if you don't place them in a place that can be seen from start location.

Maybe just simple option to make whole house covered in shadows in edit mode would help for streaming. I was also thinking about streaming my games and I have early prototype where I have to press certain key to show the house in edit mode, otherwise it looks like it's full of non-conductive lights, but there are still some glitches there and I didn't have time to fix it yet.

#5 2014-04-17 09:46:24

mala

MMaster wrote:

Good idea. There is just one small problem that in edit mode powered doors are not closed and therefore you will be able to see through them in edit mode. It's not a big issue if you don't place them in a place that can be seen from start location.

true, also for the powered pit, always closed in building mode

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#6 2014-04-17 10:30:03

MMaster

mala wrote:
MMaster wrote:

true, also for the powered pit, always closed in building mode

That's not too much of a issue here as it does not block vision anyway.

Board footer