The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#76 2014-04-14 21:05:28

Lord0fHam

Re: The Painting Directory

this needs to be updated. a bunch of people died today and have gotten robbed.

It's a trap!

#77 2014-04-14 21:24:38

Blip

Cylence wrote:

The dead daughter actually prevents the family (assumed alive) from being on the bottom path, since they block family movement. Just a tip if you see dead family. I was hoping that would tip off family killers and cause them to go up where they would spend upwards of 30 guns to find... well, the whereabouts of his family will be undisclosed. smile

I let him know how you did it but he's still reeling from the loss. His first big loss.

It looks like me being an idiot and not seeing what was right in front of my face payed off for once. tongue

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#78 2014-04-14 22:16:31

Cylence

Blip wrote:

It looks like me being an idiot and not seeing what was right in front of my face payed off for once. tongue

Haha.

Any answer for my other question:

Cylence wrote:
Blip wrote:

What I've been attempting this weekend is a tactic I call "double chaining".

How do you hold onto the value when you run the chains? i.e. do you have a house with one of them, because I'm not sure how you would alternate robbing with each and not get the tools stolen. ..Or maybe you just house sit with the inactive one and jiggle the mouse?

Current Life: Mark John Perez
Prev Life: Ronald Michael Jensen
Burglary: Home Invasion 101
Building: House Design 101

#79 2014-04-15 16:08:16

Blip

I nearly got Miller tool-less (I think. I may or may not have chosen the right final path...) after a lot of scouting over multiple days and a lucky guess on his (very easy-to-guess) 4-bit lock.
I died to one of those dog commit gate setups which you have to go and turn on first before you get the dog.

And Cyclene, yes, when I do two sets of chain robberies, I just idle in the house of the account I'm not robbing with and occasionally press arrow keys so I don't time out.

Last edited by Blip (2014-04-15 16:09:40)

#80 2014-04-15 16:39:04

Cylence

Blip wrote:

And Cyclene, yes, when I do two sets of chain robberies, I just idle in the house of the account I'm not robbing with and occasionally press arrow keys so I don't time out.

Thanks for the answer. I was wondering if I could hunt your chain accounts to grab them when they jump in value but, now I know I probably can't, or would have to be really lucky.

Blip wrote:

I died to one of those dog commit gate setups which you have to go and turn on first before you get the dog.

Man, that brought me back. First time that happened to me was in gyuri's house where you have to send the cats. I had a bunch of time since the dog was trapped behind a corner. And I saw the leap (didn't know cats had to go through first though). Then I went to go grab the dog, and crap. Should have hit the button first.

#81 2014-04-15 16:55:03

Blip

Got Miller!

And Miller: if you're reading this, don't ever make your combo lock combo be 2,4. It's one of the easiest to guess!

Last edited by Blip (2014-04-15 16:58:46)

#82 2014-04-15 17:13:24

Shacklebolts

To be fair towards Miller there, dude has been around for ever. I think Blip has been the first successful guy to rob him in months, but congrats towards you Blip. I've been eying him myself forever, lol

#83 2014-04-15 17:13:43

Killer Mosquito

Miller here!  I planned on changing it every time I saw someone solve it.  I liked this house at first... but I really didn't like it once I started getting a lot of money.  I just wanted to ride it out and see how long it took someone to solve it.  I wanted to see a lot of robbery tapes so I could get ideas of what worked and what didn't.  When I looked at houses by you, iceman, and various other people... my house was a joke compared to them.  The only thing I had going for me was the double button at the beginning which was the gimmick that half my house relied on. But, I just wanted to see who would solve it.  Enjoy your paintings!

Unknown.... thanks Blip
Unknown again because I thought I'd go on a no-tool revenge run on Blip.  Silly me........
Never risk what you aren't willing to lose.
Be willing to lose everything.

#84 2014-04-15 17:15:21

Blip

Killer Mosquito wrote:

Miller here!  I planned on changing it every time I saw someone solve it.  I liked this house at first... but I really didn't like it once I started getting a lot of money.  I just wanted to ride it out and see how long it took someone to solve it.  I wanted to see a lot of robbery tapes so I could get ideas of what worked and what didn't.  When I looked at houses by you, iceman, and various other people... my house was a joke compared to them.  The only thing I had going for me was the double button at the beginning which was the gimmick that half my house relied on. But, I just wanted to see who would solve it.  Enjoy your paintings!

They're back at auction. For the past few days, I've just been relieving people of their paintings, then suiciding. tongue

#85 2014-04-15 17:22:28

Killer Mosquito

Haha!  Good man.  The Robin Hood of Castle Doctrine.

Seriously though..... it's quite impressive that there aren't any scouting runs by you before the perfect solution to my house.  Quite the robber you are, sir smile

I freaking love this game.  I can't wait to start robbing again.  I've been turtling just to see how long it took for someone to figure it out.  You delivered me.  I'm really lacking in house building skills.  I'm as knowledgeable (and about as creative) as the wiki is at the moment.  I'm ready to get my hands dirty in some robbing.  Watching the videos of Iceman getting robbed was quite the inspiration.

Unknown.... thanks Blip
Unknown again because I thought I'd go on a no-tool revenge run on Blip.  Silly me........

#86 2014-04-15 17:27:30

Blip

Killer Mosquito wrote:

Haha!  Good man.  The Robin Hood of Castle Doctrine.

Seriously though..... it's quite impressive that there aren't any scouting runs by you before the perfect solution to my house.  Quite the robber you are, sir smile

I freaking love this game.  I can't wait to start robbing again.  I've been turtling just to see how long it took for someone to figure it out.  You delivered me.  I'm really lacking in house building skills.  I'm as knowledgeable (and about as creative) as the wiki is at the moment.  I'm ready to get my hands dirty in some robbing.  Watching the videos of Iceman getting robbed was quite the inspiration.

You probably saw the tape of my other account, who died on the commit gate directly before the vault. I also had lots and lots of scout information accrued over multiple days and lives that all indicated that the button needed to be pressed twice, as both pressing it once and leaving it off were deadly. As for the combo lock, that was a lucky guess, and the door fail-safe led me to draw the conclusion that the correct route at the end had to be the one to the left. Otherwise, why would the failsafe be there?

Last edited by Blip (2014-04-15 17:27:46)

#87 2014-04-15 17:29:12

gyuri

Cylence wrote:

First time that happened to me was in gyuri's house where you have to send the cats.

Ha ha. And I still keep dying to those.

#88 2014-04-15 17:31:53

Killer Mosquito

Truth.  And the failsafe was weak at that too.  Most of the houses in the top 5 pages could have sawed through it with the left overs of 2k robbers.  I want to post it and get feedback... but I can't figure out how to get an image up here.

Unknown.... thanks Blip

#89 2014-04-17 08:54:47

Cylence

Hey Blip,

Are you one of the scouts that has gotten past puzzle 2 in my house?

And how come I wasn't targeted during the painting suicide weekend, was it because my value was too low?

Board footer