The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-04-09 20:47:33

iceman
Website

The Painting Directory

Because I have other stuff I really should be doing, I decided to go through all of the houses to figure out who has what paintings.  All in all, I found 155 paintings- I think that's the correct count, so I think I have everything here!  Obviously, this is going to change, but it will help you have at least an idea of who has what (and how many).

I'll have 2 versions- a "snapshot" of all the paintings right now, that only I can change, and one that anyone can change.  If you take someone's painting, or die, or something, be sure to update the open list, and post a comment here so I can update the snapshot when I have a chance.

Snapshot (4/9/14)

Crowdsourced List

Last edited by iceman (2014-04-09 22:04:07)

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#2 2014-04-09 20:48:38

iceman
Website

Re: The Painting Directory

You're welcome, Blip wink

The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#3 2014-04-09 20:52:31

Blip

Thanks so much! Now Harris 2.0 has less work to do.

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#4 2014-04-09 20:56:44

Lord0fHam

iceman you are Keith Anthony Weaver

It's a trap!

#5 2014-04-09 20:59:32

iceman
Website

Lord0fHam wrote:

iceman you are Keith Anthony Weaver

Thanks! I updated the lists with my name.

#6 2014-04-09 21:02:36

Lord0fHam

No problem. Unfortunately, I already knew who my target is and am no closer to getting him!

Last edited by Lord0fHam (2014-04-09 21:02:42)

It's a trap!

#7 2014-04-09 21:06:25

Killer Mosquito

I was wondering why I had an unusually high number of robbery tapes.....

Unknown.... thanks Blip
Unknown again because I thought I'd go on a no-tool revenge run on Blip.  Silly me........
Never risk what you aren't willing to lose.
Be willing to lose everything.

#8 2014-04-09 21:10:21

iceman
Website

Lord0fHam wrote:

No problem. Unfortunately, I already knew who my target is and am no closer to getting him!

Please tell me you're not going after Jensen along with Blip and I...

#9 2014-04-09 21:17:28

Blip

I'm not going after Jensen just yet. My plan is to grab up all the big collections this weekend and mop up the rest the following week. Not doing much right now cause I'm kinda busy.

#10 2014-04-09 21:21:12

Lord0fHam

Spare me Blip! And no, I'm going after Kane.

It's a trap!

#11 2014-04-09 22:14:53

Cylence

I'm Jensen. And looks like it's time to update. Weaver's been poking.

To be fair, I only have these paintings because of Okeefe. Any of you guys, Okeefe? His wife is still alive, but I have some tips to share for his house design.

Current Life: Mark John Perez
Prev Life: Ronald Michael Jensen
Burglary: Home Invasion 101
Building: House Design 101

#12 2014-04-10 06:11:17

mala

can someone tell me my name?

i'm the one with the sarsaparilla sunset

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#13 2014-04-10 06:23:59

iceman
Website

You should be able to tell just by searching for "Sunset" in the google doc.  Your name seems to be Earl John Mitchell

#14 2014-04-10 08:16:46

mala

iceman wrote:

You should be able to tell just by searching for "Sunset" in the google doc.  Your name seems to be Earl John Mitchell

ty^^

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#15 2014-04-10 09:29:14

Shadezy

I robbed Victor David Thomas and have his six paintings. I don't know my name though so I can't give you that for the update.

Edit: If you're Weaver, then I'm the guy that walked into your house 10 times and left immediately.

Last edited by Shadezy (2014-04-10 09:42:08)

Live. Die. Repeat.

#16 2014-04-10 14:52:25

iceman
Website

Thanks- your name is Darron Isaac Cannon (your parents really liked letter pairs, didn't they?)

#17 2014-04-10 16:22:39

pagedMov

Blip wrote:

Thanks so much! Now Harris 2.0 has less work to do.

Hey, Blip, if you're going for another fuckhuge painting collection, Try going after Darron Isaac Cannon. He stole my 6 paintings the other day and his house looks fairly weak, and probably is, because he spent $8000 of the $9000 he robbed from me trying to buy more tools to rob me again.

Currently attempting to carry out the legacy of my greatest life, James Michael Henley

♪ Hello darkness, my old friend ♪

#18 2014-04-10 16:23:40

pagedMov

Shadezy wrote:

I robbed Victor David Thomas and have his six paintings. I don't know my name though so I can't give you that for the update.

Edit: If you're Weaver, then I'm the guy that walked into your house 10 times and left immediately.

YOU.
How Ironic, I just posted about that, heheh. The next time won't be so easy!

Last edited by pagedMov (2014-04-10 16:24:49)

Currently attempting to carry out the legacy of my greatest life, James Michael Henley

♪ Hello darkness, my old friend ♪

#19 2014-04-10 18:39:06

Shadezy

iceman wrote:

Thanks- your name is Darron Isaac Cannon (your parents really liked letter pairs, didn't they?)

For the first time ever, I know my own name, thanks IceMan (and yes, they certainly did).

pagedMov wrote:
Shadezy wrote:

YOU.
How Ironic, I just posted about that, heheh. The next time won't be so easy!

Yes, it was me, mwahahahahaha.

If it makes you feel any better, I was only after your money. But, at the last second I got greedy and ran off with the paintings as well. If you think my house is so weak (probably is, it's never been put to a real test before) then you're welcome to come rob me and try to get them back tongue

Live. Die. Repeat.

#20 2014-04-10 21:06:01

iceman
Website

Cylence wrote:

I'm Jensen. And looks like it's time to update. Weaver's been poking.

Some people just don't appreciate the work I'm putting in gather together all of the paintings in one house for Blip tongue I liked your non-scary, puzzle like entrance much better than the new one sad

Anyways, I'm up to a whopping 27 paintings (and Anders is down to 0)  Just 3 + 2 away from tying Blip's record!

I've realized that I'm actually not a very good/efficient high level robber.  I've robbed about 5 houses in the last few days, and I think only 1 of those was profitable.  I peek into a house, and if it looks weak, I'll pay for a few waters/saws/dog meat to scout usually about 1/4 of the map.  Then, I figure I can see even more if I spend about 5k to get past that trapdoor, then I figure I can explore most of the house for over 10k, and by then I realize that I have to rob the house or else I'll have just burned almost 20k.  So, I go into the house, bringing $15k in tools to be safe, and I end up just about where I was.

It makes me feel terrible, because I feel like I'm pretty much just destroying people's houses for no reason sad

#21 2014-04-10 21:27:26

Cylence

iceman wrote:

Some people just don't appreciate the work I'm putting in gather together all of the paintings in one house for Blip tongue I liked your non-scary, puzzle like entrance much better than the new one sad

I truly appreciate you doing the gathering. Hopefully I can generate enough income so that when you're almost done, I can complete the collection by adding it to mine. smile

The player base is not like it used to be. I only get 1-2 random unknowing visitors. The rest seem to be seasoned veterans (just an assumption on movement). I usually like having a more inviting porch, so they have something to figure out and pay me a fee in tools and bounty. The paintings should draw enough attention. I actually didn't want that many paintings yet, it just so happens that Okeefe was the highest available when it was time to do my run.

As far as efficient robbing goes, it's all in the targeting. Unfortunately you've got your aim set for more than money, and it comes with a high price.

Last edited by Cylence (2014-04-10 21:28:22)

Current Life: Mark John Perez
Prev Life: Ronald Michael Jensen
Burglary: Home Invasion 101
Building: House Design 101

#22 2014-04-10 22:42:08

Lord0fHam

iceman wrote:

Anyways, I'm up to a whopping 27 paintings (and Anders is down to 0)  Just 3 + 2 away from tying Blip's record!

I thought Blip's record was in the 80s.

It's a trap!

#23 2014-04-10 22:54:25

iceman
Website

Lord0fHam wrote:
iceman wrote:

I thought Blip's record was in the 80s.

Exactly!  27 * 3 + 2 = 83, which.... isn't Blip's record.  Let's just pretend that was 3 + 6 instead?

#24 2014-04-11 15:20:07

Blip

iceman wrote:

I've realized that I'm actually not a very good/efficient high level robber.  I've robbed about 5 houses in the last few days, and I think only 1 of those was profitable.  I peek into a house, and if it looks weak, I'll pay for a few waters/saws/dog meat to scout usually about 1/4 of the map.  Then, I figure I can see even more if I spend about 5k to get past that trapdoor, then I figure I can explore most of the house for over 10k, and by then I realize that I have to rob the house or else I'll have just burned almost 20k.  So, I go into the house, bringing $15k in tools to be safe, and I end up just about where I was.

It makes me feel terrible, because I feel like I'm pretty much just destroying people's houses for no reason sad

The trick I use is to bring so many tools in one attempt, usually my second or third, that no house can stop me. A good rule of thumb is to crack the entrance and then see what kinds of traps come directly after. I've found that the rest of the house's traps are for the most part just like the one right after the entrance.

It might be a costly method, but its worth it to get paintings.

#25 2014-04-11 15:50:39

Lord0fHam

Blip, are you disconnect scouting me?

It's a trap!

Board footer