The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#51 2015-02-02 07:54:14

eppfel
Website

Re: Hightower mansion

mala wrote:

and now you're again after my money big_smile

Not, really. Wanted to get back to suicide scouting. But there was no other worthy house to leave my bounty in.
Wait for your rebuild!

#52 2015-02-02 09:19:54

mala

eppfel wrote:
mala wrote:

and now you're again after my money big_smile

Not, really. Wanted to get back to suicide scouting. But there was no other worthy house to leave my bounty in.
Wait for your rebuild!

i've planned 1/3 of the house, the entrance will be a modified version of this one that let you choose between going up or down, probably the bottom left will stay the same, only 2-3 of you figured it out, and i find it pretty good.

i'd like to use all sort of mechanic, weird pet movements, chihuahua surfing, sight shift etc. but it's hard to link each area properly. moreover i'd like to have an hidden vault location for each and every area, and that is going to be complicated

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#53 2015-02-02 09:53:51

mala

also, i have a question, if i want to put some animals into the pits, can i let my brother rob me?

will he be able to see my house after the robbery to put everything back?
keep in mind that i have no family, so the house will be left broken and with 0 money

Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#54 2015-02-02 11:05:47

eppfel
Website

mala wrote:

also, i have a question, if i want to put some animals into the pits, can i let my brother rob me?

will he be able to see my house after the robbery to put everything back?
keep in mind that i have no family, so the house will be left broken and with 0 money

No, house immediately goes of the list. I think you have to pass a self-test before he can enter again. And remember that he can't give you the money, just the tools, so there will be a loss involved.

#55 2015-02-02 11:33:54

mala

eppfel wrote:

No, house immediately goes of the list. I think you have to pass a self-test before he can enter again. And remember that he can't give you the money, just the tools, so there will be a loss involved.

ok ty, i'll just put a couple of chihuahuas in place, it will be easier.

#56 2015-02-02 14:23:13

JAAM

mmm thats a clever way to keep people from going back and forth checking doors mala, I'm not sure if you planned that or not but have a hard time believing it to be a coincidence...

You are unique, just like everybody else.

#57 2015-02-02 15:14:57

mala

JAAM wrote:

mmm thats a clever way to keep people from going back and forth checking doors mala, I'm not sure if you planned that or not but have a hard time believing it to be a coincidence...

yep, you loose vision of the beloved cats big_smile

#58 2015-02-02 18:39:27

JAAM

lol dont plan on invading the evens room o' dogs soon unless you bring a fortune full of guns, + some other provisions but mostly guns meat and more guns, clubs and meat don't get you very far...

#59 2015-02-02 20:44:07

JAAM

sigh, im assuming im never going to fund out that cat lock without 3 dozen ladders...

#60 2015-02-02 21:03:22

iceman
Website

I've finally decided to take a crack at the Hightower Mansion- I'll need a bit of money to build my next house =P Hope you enjoy the ladder and club I brought as presents wink

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#61 2015-02-02 21:44:35

JAAM

good lord iceman are you the one that spelled out Hitower in wiring in your house. i swear that is ******* creepy and i'd be changing every thing in my house if i was in mala's position.

yes it was me that left some bodies...

Last edited by JAAM (2015-02-02 21:45:46)

#62 2015-02-03 03:20:43

eppfel
Website

JAAM wrote:

sigh, im assuming im never going to fund out that cat lock without 3 dozen ladders...

Look at your castle draft...  Carefully.

#63 2015-02-03 05:48:43

mala

iceman wrote:

I've finally decided to take a crack at the Hightower Mansion- I'll need a bit of money to build my next house =P Hope you enjoy the ladder and club I brought as presents wink

glad to have you back, i remember you to be a great robber, beside being a great builder.

eppfel wrote:
JAAM wrote:

Look at your castle draft...  Carefully.

Jaam stop trying to memorize each and every tile of the house, just map the place big_smile

#64 2015-02-03 06:00:58

JAAM

Sigh ya caught me practicing my bad techniques ok ill go back and map the place,

#65 2015-02-03 08:37:07

iceman
Website

JAAM wrote:

good lord iceman are you the one that spelled out Hitower in wiring in your house. i swear that is ******* creepy and i'd be changing every thing in my house if i was in mala's position.

Hahaha, yep, that was me!  Someone beat you to the ladder I had in the safe, though.  Interestingly, enough, the same person stole the ladder, the money you left on the wife, and some violent tools I donated in a Santa run.

Last edited by iceman (2015-02-03 08:37:35)

The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#66 2015-02-03 11:28:31

mala

JAAM wrote:

lol'd

#67 2015-02-03 15:18:51

JAAM

Well that was chaotic...

Randomly had someone drop a 2K bounty in my plain house as i robbed a guy for 400$. guy took about 10 steps then commited suicide. not having the security or the map i decided to roll with it and buy as many useful tools as i could. the right path looks fun Mala. now about entering the secret cat box...

#68 2015-02-04 19:31:41

mala

I'M an IDIOT

i committed myself while scouting Davidson.

I have no idea i could i have been so stupid, i wasn't using key confirmation and i inadvertently clicked UP on the most common commit gate...

sorry for those of you who were scouting my house.

well... that's castle doctrine... enjoy your bounty Mr Davidson, it should be around 50k...

#69 2015-02-04 19:35:47

mala

btw... that's the last screenshot i've made of the house

u8ibfXA.jpg

#70 2015-02-04 21:29:09

iceman
Website

: ' (

#71 2015-02-04 21:46:15

iceman
Website

I must say, I was having a lot of fun proceeding through your house .  I had the whole bottom half mapped out(Here's my map of it), and was just about to get started on what seems to have been a magic dance.  That catlock was really neat- order *and* timing *and* direction mattered- I would've spent forever there if I hadn't gotten lucky and gotten 2 crowbars.  The trident looks pretty cool, how you have to get diagonal vision of the dog and wait for him to open the doors.

Of course, the real reason I'm sad is because Davidson has a 6 bit combo lock more than $3000 of tools deep, closing off an area that would take at least $5400 to get through without the code... ugh.  That's not getting cracked on my budget sad

Well, there go my dreams of starting out with a 100k home =P Anyways, good luck with your next house and future robbing exploits

EDIT: Also, just wondering, what was the mistake JAAM was making before? (You mention it in this post)

Last edited by iceman (2015-02-04 21:55:12)

#72 2015-02-05 05:42:55

eppfel
Website

mala wrote:

I have no idea i could i have been so stupid, i wasn't using key confirmation and i inadvertently clicked UP on the most common commit gate...

I know that feeling. When you hold a house that long, you get bored and careless. And that is lethal in TCD.

iceman wrote:

Of course, the real reason I'm sad is because Davidson has a 6 bit combo lock more than $3000 of tools deep, closing off an area that would take at least $5400 to get through without the code... ugh.  That's not getting cracked on my budget sad

Yeah, 5 houses up and Davidson, Morris and I think one other house are code locks. Quite boring.

iceman wrote:

Well, there go my dreams of starting out with a 100k home =P Anyways, good luck with your next house and future robbing exploits

Don't give up on your dreams. Money can buy everything! Check out this one-time special offer! But just for a limited time, so hurry up.

iceman wrote:

EDIT: Also, just wondering, what was the mistake JAAM was making before? (You mention it in this post)

I guess he stepped backwards from the trapdoor in the bottom and not forwards to spot the cat and kill in the next move.
But a large misconception is that you need tons of crowbars. Just a crowbar and a water bring you to the top most cat and let you spot most of the schematics. And you can see it, if you map the place. On the first try you maybe take two crowbars, but even with one its worth trying, instead of prying open randomly.
Was actually the part of the house, which took me the longest.

I had a lot of fun too. And I spared your vault, because I wanted more of it:
2g9rvYC.png
The version I cracked: http://castledraft.com/editor/6fq1rM

#73 2015-02-05 06:32:04

mala

iceman wrote:

the first time he tried to pass the small dog dance (center bottom) he took a step back after the first door, so he never saw the first pulse, and kept passing the area on the second one.

Both you and Eppfel opened all the doors on your first run without taking random steps, so you've had a chance to notice the double pulse and get it right on the subsequent runs.

It may sound silly, but i've noticed it's extremely effective, once you manage to pass an area, you do not question the solution, you just go on.

#74 2015-02-05 06:40:02

JAAM

Dang i turn my back for a day and you guys go pull this crap? LOL sorry mala

Guess im gonna have leave my dreams to experiment with 2K

#75 2015-02-05 06:46:10

mala

JAAM wrote:

Dang i turn my back for a day and you guys go pull this crap? LOL sorry mala

Guess im gonna have leave my dreams to experiment with 2K

sorry man, i know you were putting a lot of efforts in it, didn't want to screw your tries.

well... back to castledraft, but now without the hightower bounty i'll have to start from scraps.

Board footer