The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#76 2015-02-05 08:38:36

iceman
Website

Re: Hightower mansion

*whistles softly*
I just found a *huge* security flaw in Davidson's house (he'll probably patch it soon, but it'll still be there).  I don't want to say too much, but I will say that 2k robbers might have a chance. 

By the way, does anyone know who Davidson is on the forums (or if he reads the forums)?

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#77 2015-02-05 08:48:38

mala

iceman wrote:

*whistles softly*
I just found a *huge* security flaw in Davidson's house (he'll probably patch it soon, but it'll still be there).  I don't want to say too much, but I will say that 2k robbers might have a chance. 

By the way, does anyone know who Davidson is on the forums (or if he reads the forums)?

i really have no idea, but i'm pretty interested in the flaw big_smile

i have a pretty good map of the house, think i'm going to take a look.

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#78 2015-02-05 08:57:02

eppfel
Website

mala wrote:
iceman wrote:

*whistles softly*

i really have no idea, but i'm pretty interested in the flaw big_smile

i have a pretty good map of the house, think i'm going to take a look.

I totally forgot to check out, what I believe you are referring to, but I guess he reads the forum or watched your tape, because the house is gone.
No idea about his identity.
PS: I hope I didn't rob that poor beginner for nothing.
PPS: Nope, not the flaw I hoped.

Last edited by eppfel (2015-02-05 09:05:36)

#79 2015-02-05 09:11:59

mala

eppfel wrote:

I totally forgot to check out, what I believe you are referring to, but I guess he reads the forum or watched your tape, because the house is gone.
No idea about his identity.

no he's not, i was inside just now. i've had access to a crowbar to look a bit further and check a couple of things, but i can't find anything exploitable with 2k

Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#80 2015-02-05 11:50:54

iceman
Website

I took another look, and it might not be as exploitable for 2k robbers as I thought (they still get partial info, though).  I'll try one more thing to see for sure.  Either way, I'm pretty sure you'd get everything for 3 or 4k.

The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#81 2015-02-05 14:55:57

JAAM

iceman wrote:

I took another look, and it might not be as exploitable for 2k robbers as I thought (they still get partial info, though).  I'll try one more thing to see for sure.  Either way, I'm pretty sure you'd get everything for 3 or 4k.

Lol you say this and immediatly every one goes and pokes it, pretty sure they know what it is. I take a look i get a face full of dog D:

You are unique, just like everybody else.

#82 2015-02-05 15:23:35

iceman
Website

JAAM wrote:
iceman wrote:

Lol you say this and immediatly every one goes and pokes it, pretty sure they know what it is. I take a look i get a face full of dog D:

One dog, or lots and lots of dog? =P (Also, I think I'm still the only one that knows it (EDIT 2: Never mind, looks like mala's found the dogs))

EDIT: Also, I like how this has become a general discussion thread on robbing the top houses

Last edited by iceman (2015-02-06 09:45:50)

#83 2015-02-05 19:24:35

mala

iceman wrote:

EDIT: Also, I like how this has become a general discussion thread on robbing the top houses

me too, but let's keep hints on a minimum  smile i'm curious about the flaw

and btw... way too many dogs and bridges big_smile

Last edited by mala (2015-02-05 20:38:13)

#84 2015-02-06 11:14:35

eppfel
Website

Just found the security flaw on coincidence. Why nobody robbed the place, yet?

#85 2015-02-06 12:07:41

mala

eppfel wrote:

is it confirmed?
and fully exploitable with 2k ?

#86 2015-02-06 13:04:04

iceman
Website

mala wrote:
eppfel wrote:

is it confirmed?

Not quite, mostly because of a well placed dog.  Plus, there's still room for more stuff after.

#87 2015-02-07 02:23:40

eppfel
Website

mala wrote:

is it confirmed?

I found a 2k starter and mapped 95% of his clock schematics. But I failed solving them right now. Another try..

Davidson solved

Tool-less run. Have no use for the money right now, so go for it!
It feels like he wants to be robbed...

1zbTfxG.png

Last edited by eppfel (2015-02-07 04:29:43)

#88 2015-02-07 08:00:37

mala

eppfel wrote:
Davidson solved

gg man, but that's the problem, none of us has a plan for that money smile

#89 2015-02-07 10:11:44

JAAM

dammit i actually have a plan but no clue where i'm supposed to be poking at 2k dosent seem to get you very far in that house....

i did make a map but it hasent revealed much...

#90 2015-02-07 10:24:06

JAAM

JAAM wrote:

dammit i actually have a plan but no clue where i'm supposed to be poking at 2k dosent seem to get you very far in that house....

i did make a map but it hasent revealed much...

could probably do the rest just cant get past the combo

#91 2015-02-07 11:50:17

iceman
Website

eppfel wrote:
Davidson solved

It feels like he wants to be robbed...

Hahaha, I also reached the safe yesterday, but I also don't have any ideas for houses XD I was going to let one of you take it, but I guess all of us (except JAAM) don't want it.
original.jpg

JAAM, you have a couple of days to figure it out before I finish designing my house tongue Good luck!

#92 2015-02-07 21:52:30

JAAM

well i found a small chunk of cash in 1 unguarded house and 1 poorly guarded house, so i decided to build something fun instead of throwing it at the davidson estate.
i left the place with $1100 so feel free to scout the place, its a pretty easy dance but it should hopefully yield some fun videos...

now to design a room that locks the robber in with a dog forcing him to run in circles until he dies of despair...

#93 2015-02-08 00:59:21

JAAM

JAAM wrote:

well i found a small chunk of cash in 1 unguarded house and 1 poorly guarded house, so i decided to build something fun instead of throwing it at the davidson estate.
i left the place with $1100 so feel free to scout the place, its a pretty easy dance but it should hopefully yield some fun videos...

now to design a room that locks the robber in with a dog forcing him to run in circles until he dies of despair...

aww which one of you jerks spent 2K to wreck as much as possible and leave my house undefended for $650

i guess you pointed out some flaws but was it really necessary? it wasen't even that hard... just a simple puzzle of life and death

its not even like that house should have pissed someone off... i get it if some guy with a nice big house strolls to his death and he gets pissed  so decides to take the house out... but this is just someone rolling in with no reason to break things...

Last edited by JAAM (2015-02-08 01:02:36)

#94 2015-02-08 01:23:18

JAAM

alright i think im out. only 4 houses left on that list, 1 is a combo lock... 1 is a guess the door (not even that hard one to guess had it on first try), 1 is a giant guess the door type (but without doors so you can see the wrong answer...), and the last is the massive cat dance thing.

right now if i chain robbed everyone i'd get $6862 (not including the clubs/guns necessary to retrieve full cash...) which is just enough to build a small house...

If anyone ever uses all that limbo cash perhaps i'd come back with something to actualy explore, however the current houses are pretty strait forward and all except the combo (didnt bother) and the mclain house (tired of cats) could be solved first try with a bit of guesswork and brain power...

#95 2015-02-08 06:54:24

mala

do not despair, lots of great houses have been built from scraps, you can start with a 2-5k house, but you need to watch it closely for the first 2 days, making it immune to the 2k assault.
The hightower mansion started with a fresh 2k, plus 2 more from an empty house.

Limbo cash is a mirage. TCD money come and go, all it takes it's a single missclick... and i know something about that.

ps. i'm almost done with half of my plan, but i want it to be perfect, so i'll keep tweaking it until i'll be satisfied.
trying to achieve a good balance between funny to explore and expensive to force.

edit. is Davidson gone? who robbed him?

Last edited by mala (2015-02-08 07:13:01)

#96 2015-02-08 17:37:42

AMWhy

Thinking of coming back...

#97 2015-02-09 01:58:21

eppfel
Website

mala wrote:

Maybe just another self-test death.. uhh

AMWhy wrote:

Do it!

#98 2015-02-09 08:37:28

mala

eppfel wrote:
mala wrote:

Maybe just another self-test death.. uhh

well can you explain the flaw? i'm curious, i haven't been able to spot it.

AMWhy wrote:

Do it!

#99 2015-02-09 10:40:18

eppfel
Website

As he is gone for more than 24 hours, I think it's all right to share the map:
http://castledraft.com/editor/b4cCIZ

#100 2015-02-09 10:48:06

mala

eppfel wrote:

As he is gone for more than 24 hours, I think it's all right to share the map:
http://castledraft.com/editor/b4cCIZ

exception made for the bottom right part, it's the same map i have, still can't see a possible 2k flaw

Board footer