The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#26 2014-04-11 15:52:55

Blip

Re: The Painting Directory

Lord0fHam wrote:

Blip, are you disconnect scouting me?

No, I haven't been playing since the day Harris died.

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#27 2014-04-11 16:00:31

Lord0fHam

well someone is i think, time to make some changes

It's a trap!

#28 2014-04-11 16:42:24

iceman
Website

Lord0fHam wrote:

well someone is i think, time to make some changes

Yeah, I had a disconnect death in my house as well.

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#29 2014-04-11 17:48:40

Killer Mosquito

Forgive my ignorance... but what is "disconnect scouting?"

Unknown.... thanks Blip
Unknown again because I thought I'd go on a no-tool revenge run on Blip.  Silly me........
Never risk what you aren't willing to lose.
Be willing to lose everything.

#30 2014-04-11 17:51:01

Cylence

Not really disconnect. Could be cops. They are referring to the 1 step suicide tapes.
You'll get a 1 step suicide tape when the robber:
1. loses connection
2. dies from cops
3. actually suicides on the mat.

The good thing is you get all the tools from the robber who died.
The bad thing is you don't get to see how far he got.

Edit: to sum up. I think disconnect scouting refers to intentionally dying from cops to cover up your tape.

Last edited by Cylence (2014-04-11 17:51:58)

Current Life: Mark John Perez
Prev Life: Ronald Michael Jensen
Burglary: Home Invasion 101
Building: House Design 101

#31 2014-04-11 17:52:13

Lord0fHam

They go into your house with tools and map it out just like a normal suicide scout. But when they are done or about do die, they just wait 20 minutes until the cops come instead of dying. This makes it so all you see on the tape is someone taking one step into your house and suiciding. That way you can't see how far they got and strengthen your house.

It's a trap!

#32 2014-04-11 17:54:10

Blip

Lord0fHam wrote:

They go into your house with tools and map it out just like a normal suicide scout. But when they are done or about do die, they just wait 20 minutes until the cops come instead of dying. This makes it so all you see on the tape is someone taking one step into your house and suiciding. That way you can't see how far they got and strengthen your house.

I think force-quitting the application does the same thing much quicker.

#33 2014-04-11 18:23:50

Lord0fHam

Whatever. the point is, it's stupid that it doesn't leave a tape.

It's a trap!

#34 2014-04-11 18:26:35

Killer Mosquito

Man... people are clever.  Much cleverer than I.  I wish I thought of half the crap I see people talk about on these forums. 

If it's a true suicide scout, that's a bummer.  I'd really love to see the tapes.  I recently made a change that I hope doesn't end up being a weakness sad  I'd like to see how it's handled.

Unknown.... thanks Blip
Unknown again because I thought I'd go on a no-tool revenge run on Blip.  Silly me........
Never risk what you aren't willing to lose.
Be willing to lose everything.

#35 2014-04-11 18:36:51

Cylence

Bishop died today. Surge After Hokusai is back on the market along with Eye's Wide Spread.

Edit: I was wrong. Bishop is still alive. Someone must have robbed him and then died.

Last edited by Cylence (2014-04-11 21:38:00)

Current Life: Mark John Perez
Prev Life: Ronald Michael Jensen
Burglary: Home Invasion 101
Building: House Design 101

#36 2014-04-12 06:59:11

iceman
Website

Well, Weaver was just robbed by Steven Leon Seaman.  He did a good job exploiting what I knew was my biggest weakness in one robbery, and I'm pretty sure it saved his life (twice) in the next, when he actually reached the vault.  Either that, or he is just a really, really cautious robber normally.  He was the only non-suicide robber, so I'm going to "borrow" some money from a neighbor or two to see how my house stands up to other people (or, more than likely, the same one).

The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#37 2014-04-12 08:06:18

Blip

Cylence wrote:

Bishop died today. Surge After Hokusai is back on the market along with Eye's Wide Spread.

Edit: I was wrong. Bishop is still alive. Someone must have robbed him and then died.

I definitely didn't rob him then die to my own wife-pincer trap in self test. Not a chance of that ever happening.

#38 2014-04-12 09:21:54

mala

Lord0fHam wrote:

that has to be changed, it makes no sense and can be exploited (like i've done in every good robbery) to hide information that would otherwise keep the house safe.

watching trough footage it's not just for the lol (even if 9/10 it is) but it's a way to understand how people approach your traps so you can understand your own weaknesses and fix them if it's not too late.
Peoples quickly fix entrances since they are scouted by everybody, but being able to spot leaks on later traps it's so important and rare that should not be denied so easily.

Last edited by mala (2014-04-12 09:27:56)

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#39 2014-04-12 10:23:10

Blip

I just robbed Reed, for anybody interested.

Now I need to come up with a house design.

#40 2014-04-12 10:54:49

Welkin

iceman wrote:

Well, Weaver was just robbed by Steven Leon Seaman.  He did a good job exploiting what I knew was my biggest weakness in one robbery, and I'm pretty sure it saved his life (twice) in the next, when he actually reached the vault.  Either that, or he is just a really, really cautious robber normally.  He was the only non-suicide robber, so I'm going to "borrow" some money from a neighbor or two to see how my house stands up to other people (or, more than likely, the same one).

I really enjoyed the fake vault location, as well as the double doors into single door dog, that'd kill a lot of careless people.

As for 'saving my life', you mean all the paradox circuits? I have to waste some tools to make sure I wasn't killed by any, really tricky house.

Last edited by Welkin (2014-04-12 10:56:26)

#41 2014-04-12 11:03:20

Blip

Wallace has been robbed as well. big_smile

#42 2014-04-12 11:10:51

MMaster

Blip wrote:
Cylence wrote:

I definitely didn't rob him then die to my own wife-pincer trap in self test. Not a chance of that ever happening.

Oh man. I was so pissed. I just had tools prepared to begin my hopefully final run on his house and suddenly he was gone! Thankfully I didn't use too many tools in my previous scouting run. I thought he died as he was not in the list for quite a while and Earl Michael Case jumped up by almost $20k. I've also seen his paintings on the auction house which made me believe he is dead.

But I think you must have been pissed much more - self-test death after robbing $120k smile

#43 2014-04-12 11:12:06

MMaster

Blip wrote:

Wallace has been robbed as well. big_smile

I was wondering who is wiping top of the list smile

#44 2014-04-12 11:32:32

Blip

I seem to have suddenly started to suck at this game. I robbed somebody from the top of the list (name started with an O) on a really lucky robbery, then died in self-test again to a stray cat from an earlier part of the trap running amok in a later trap, putting like 10 paintings to auction. Building used to be my thing, but now I seem to be dying in self-tests constantly!

I may stop trying to build and just try to wipe as much of the list as I can in a series of daring 2k robberies. Because frankly, I'm out of good house ideas; the one I just died with was just a worse version of some of the traps from the Harris house combined with the cat-trap from the end of Blood Blossom. I'm having trouble coming up with anything new.

#45 2014-04-12 11:35:07

Lord0fHam

Sorry to hear that Blip, but on the other hand, phew, I was getting worried about myself.

It's a trap!

#46 2014-04-12 11:48:15

Lord0fHam

Blip wrote:

name started with an O

Okeefe?

It's a trap!

#47 2014-04-12 12:09:32

Welkin

Probably Ortego, his value dropped to around wife-cash level

#48 2014-04-12 12:17:53

Blip

Yeah, it was Ortego. His house was mostly 2 combo locks that has combinations of 2,4 and 1,3 respectively.

#49 2014-04-12 14:14:56

iceman
Website

Welkin wrote:
iceman wrote:

I really enjoyed the fake vault location, as well as the double doors into single door dog, that'd kill a lot of careless people.

As for 'saving my life', you mean all the paradox circuits? I have to waste some tools to make sure I wasn't killed by any, really tricky house.

Thanks!  You definitely did a good job- I tried to design my house to punish you for being the least bit careless, and you managed to survive wink But yes, that's what I'm talking about.  I actually feel really proud about that trap, and I still wonder if it will be as effective as I hoped (as long as I keep people from seeing what you saw in the first robbery).

Aaaaaaaaaaand I just killed myself for being an idiot sad "No, Iceman, of *course* you can make it through the house without changing anything. There's no need to check first- just go right past that working commit gate, ok?"  I don't think I'm going to rebuild this house, as much as I loved certain parts of it sad

#50 2014-04-12 14:21:24

Blip

iceman wrote:
Welkin wrote:
iceman wrote:

Thanks!  You definitely did a good job- I tried to design my house to punish you for being the least bit careless, and you managed to survive wink But yes, that's what I'm talking about.  I actually feel really proud about that trap, and I still wonder if it will be as effective as I hoped (as long as I keep people from seeing what you saw in the first robbery).

Aaaaaaaaaaand I just killed myself for being an idiot sad "No, Iceman, of *course* you can make it through the house without changing anything. There's no need to check first- just go right past that working commit gate, ok?"  I don't think I'm going to rebuild this house, as much as I loved certain parts of it sad

Are you going to post your design? I'd be interested to see how it looks!

By the way, there have been a couple painting owners who have lost their paintings. I was chain robbing the top pages today and hit some of them along the way.

Last edited by Blip (2014-04-12 14:22:28)

Board footer