The Castle Doctrine Forums

Discuss the massively-multiplayer home defense game.

You are not logged in.

#76 2014-05-11 03:38:50

LordSora

Re: To the visitors of Ronald Michael Jensen [spolier alert p4]

I dont think its possible to activate the pit anymore where u revealed two mysterious buttons. There is a crippled cat in a pit so only one dog will follow and given the button configuration I think it is impossible. There is no cat that dies so it was purposely left there...

Not cool! If anyone else is able to make it past this part please let me know, but I call foul ! sad

#77 2014-05-11 04:36:56

Cylence

LordSora wrote:

I dont think its possible to activate the pit anymore where u revealed two mysterious buttons. There is a crippled cat in a pit so only one dog will follow and given the button configuration I think it is impossible. There is no cat that dies so it was purposely left there...

Not cool! If anyone else is able to make it past this part please let me know, but I call foul ! sad

I said it is passable without a ladder, I didn't say you needed to activate the trap door or not. If you've seen the buttons and played around with it in self test, it should point you to what to do next.

I think iceman is the only person to have gotten to the next section tool less (not using tools until later to figure out the next sections) and he definitely knows what those buttons are. You can review his comments for hints on how. Also, don't forget there's a bunch of paths, some that seem correct and some that don't.

Current Life: Mark John Perez
Prev Life: Ronald Michael Jensen
Burglary: Home Invasion 101
Building: House Design 101

#78 2014-05-11 07:54:17

iceman
Website

Pumaroma wrote:

I just about figuered it out i think. But after some charity work i am done for the evening

How far have you gotten, Puma?

LordSora wrote:

Yeah, like Cylence said, I've gotten past it as well.  My advice is very similar to what I'd give for any puzzle game- if you can't figure out a solution, just let that part rest for a bit, explore more of the house, and eventually, when you're not thinking of how to solve it, the answer will come to you!

Last edited by iceman (2014-05-11 07:59:39)

Fortress Theory Mod - New objects, tools, and paintings!

I keep dying of a natural cause - Stupidity
The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#79 2014-05-11 09:58:17

Pumaroma

Well i am currently working on a south path dealing with the buttons by that pitbull. But the way i have the buttons mapped it isn't passable in its current state. So either my map is wrong or its a false path. As far as going east I haven't done so well. I know where not to go big_smile.

#80 2014-05-11 15:58:46

Blip

I haven't seen Jensen's name on the list in a little while, nor Parham's for that matter (which sucks, because Geyer, Parham, and Jensen were my top 3 targets).
Has a successful robbery taken place?

Current life: Not dead, but I have no clue who I am
The Life and Times of Christopher Alvin Harris
Record: 149 Paintings!

#81 2014-05-11 17:45:22

Cylence

Blip wrote:

I haven't seen Jensen's name on the list in a little while, nor Parham's for that matter (which sucks, because Geyer, Parham, and Jensen were my top 3 targets).

Blip,
I just checked and looks like someone brute forced it today. I'll put up a screen shot either later tonight or tomorrow. Noted the bigger items: 25 saws, 30 explosives, 10 ladders, 5 crowbars, 6 guns. Geyer's place is still up.

Iceman,
You were pretty close to solving most of the house. If you want, I can send you the import code and you can recreate it in FT and finish your 2k adventures.

#82 2014-05-11 17:59:55

Pumaroma

i just want the map!!!

#83 2014-05-11 18:01:29

Cylence

Pumaroma wrote:

i just want the map!!!

Hehe, I might post it up. Dunno yet. If I do, it'll be here.

#84 2014-05-11 18:10:07

Blip

Cylence wrote:

Noted the bigger items: 25 saws, 30 explosives, 10 ladders, 5 crowbars, 6 guns.

That's an absurd amount of tools. I have never, ever brought more than 5 ladders and 15 explosives for a brute-force, ever. And I've never brought more than 2 crowbars except in the case of Scott.

#85 2014-05-11 18:50:01

iceman
Website

Awwww... I was so close!  1 more day to reach the magic dance the way it was supposed to be reached, then another couple to figure it out/break through it, and I'd be golden sad (at least I think so wink)  Anyways, it'd be great if you send me the map code!  I might even have Ichabod host it in FT, so Puma can try breaking through one scout at a time again if he wants.

Just wondering- it really looked like your wife was dead, but I could see you doing something really tricky like putting her just below the trident.  Since people can just cut straight through to near the end, they'd most likely skip the bottom, reach the end, and think she's dead.  Is that what you did?

The biggest thing that Castle Doctrine has taught me is that the price of your house is proportional to the stupidity of the mistake that kills you.

#86 2014-05-11 19:03:42

Blip

I'm just wondering, Cyclene, how you design your houses. Because it interests me how the traps you design are the polar opposite of my own. I build relatively linear houses with a few large, modular traps, each with its own set purpose, and that's how I've always built houses out of habit. You, on the other hand, build houses that are a crazy, massive set of small traps, all hooked together, with lots of different paths and dead ends. Do you design the whole thing in Castledraft beforehand and then build it, or do you just do the whole thing in build mode?

#87 2014-05-11 19:50:37

Cylence

iceman wrote:

Awwww... I was so close!  1 more day to reach the magic dance the way it was supposed to be reached, then another couple to figure it out/break through it, and I'd be golden sad (at least I think so wink)  Anyways, it'd be great if you send me the map code!  I might even have Ichabod host it in FT, so Puma can try breaking through one scout at a time again if he wants.

Just wondering- it really looked like your wife was dead, but I could see you doing something really tricky like putting her just below the trident.  Since people can just cut straight through to near the end, they'd most likely skip the bottom, reach the end, and think she's dead.  Is that what you did?

Iceman, you were pretty close, but the vault might not be where you think it is smile. I'm not home right now but should be able to get you the code tonight or Monday.

Wife was alive. Not anymore. I had 3 different positions for the family. I like to keep my families safe with more misdirection. The person who brute forced me found the family while searching everywhere for the vault.

#88 2014-05-11 20:11:04

Cylence

Blip wrote:

I'm just wondering, Cyclene, how you design your houses. Because it interests me how the traps you design are the polar opposite of my own. I build relatively linear houses with a few large, modular traps, each with its own set purpose, and that's how I've always built houses out of habit. You, on the other hand, build houses that are a crazy, massive set of small traps, all hooked together, with lots of different paths and dead ends. Do you design the whole thing in Castledraft beforehand and then build it, or do you just do the whole thing in build mode?

As stated in my guide, I design in castle draft and test in self test using wood/lights. As I'm working the design, I go robbing for my seed money. I like to have a full design as complete as possible. Then, I build out the minimum 2k proof entrance and as much as I can with the seed money and keep $4k, then do $6k upgrades every time I get to $10k. If I had the chain robbing skill you had, I'd build the whole thing at once. It's already tested so I don't have to worry about self testing issues.

As far as the design goes, I work out a family path that segments the house into sections and then build as many traps as I can into each of the sections, thus combining vault defense with family defense. I run multiple paths so it's easy to change up the vault locations. You can set up and unlock dead ends with small edits.

You've seen Geyer's house and that was an old design I did for a friend. It's basically 3 sections with one dedicated route to the family which wasn't involved in vault defense. I've moved away from the huge sections and try to design smaller ones. The Jensen house had 6 total start sections but I tried cramming as many paths into each section as I could. It's an evolution from Ponder's house if you ever visited him.

I know you use combo locks. If you get away from them, you'll find you have more space to work with.

#89 2014-05-12 02:33:15

Cylence

Cylence wrote:
Blip wrote:

Blip,
I just checked and looks like someone brute forced it today. I'll put up a screen shot either later tonight or tomorrow. Noted the bigger items: 25 saws, 30 explosives, 10 ladders, 5 crowbars, 6 guns. Geyer's place is still up.

Congrats to Parham for blasting his way through. I did the math for the full retail value of just the ladders, explosives, crowbars, and guns and it came out to be $73200. I'm honored that my house prompted a thief to make such a large investment in tools, please enjoy the painting "The Keep," that I recently purchased.

z8TEjj8.jpg

iceman, you don't have an email option on the forums. Can you enable it so I can send you the map?

#90 2014-05-12 04:14:51

iceman
Website

Yeah, I never realized that I had never actually enabled it; whoops!

#91 2014-05-12 06:10:12

mala

i want to see the map, i hope you're planning to share your design big_smile

Current Incarnation: none
Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#92 2014-05-12 12:11:57

Cylence

iceman wrote:

Yeah, I never realized that I had never actually enabled it; whoops!

Iceman, sent the email.

To the people wanting the full map, I may disclose it in the future. Gonna give iceman a chance to finish what he started since he was the closest.

#93 2014-05-12 14:13:51

mala

Cylence wrote:

To the people wanting the full map, I may disclose it in the future. Gonna give iceman a chance to finish what he started since he was the closest.

seems legit

Previous Houses: Ticking Nightmare - Luna's Park - Hightower Mansion - Chang's Place

#94 2014-05-12 16:40:29

iceman
Website

You can post the map, and I'll just ignore it until I succeed.

For those interested, it should be Ichabod's new house in FT in the next couple of hours.

#95 2014-05-12 20:41:11

Cylence

Variations not included (although plentiful)

Blocks are family positions
Dots are vault locations

http://castledraft.com/editor/tAwbeD
LQJECdI.jpg

#96 2014-05-13 02:23:03

mala

amazing...
The whole house looks like something new, at first glance it may even looks like a noobish house: billions of minitraps, easy to cut walls, and animals scattered everywhere.

Than you realize that everything is linked with logic and how easy it could be to die in there, so many things to take into account you will never be 100% sure about what happened.

can't find any hint about vault location, no bulky circuit that let you cross 1/4 of the house with just a couple of saws, first time i see a family path running through the entire house and with multiple mini bunkers.

Really nice job Cylence, i'm gonna take my time to study this map, there's a lot to learn.

#97 2014-05-13 05:14:47

Pumaroma

i wish i knew where the vault was at the time of defeat

#98 2014-05-13 19:37:35

Cylence

Pumaroma wrote:

i wish i knew where the vault was at the time of defeat

Which defeat? When David Michael Scott bruteforced or when Parham did?

Did you wanted to know how close you were during your expeditions? Or just wondering which path was viable so you could work the solution backward?

#99 2014-05-13 19:44:43

Pumaroma

parham.

Trying to figure out if i was on the right path at all
and so i could work them backwards

#100 2014-05-13 19:52:19

Cylence

mala wrote:

amazing...
The whole house looks like something new, at first glance it may even looks like a noobish house: billions of minitraps, easy to cut walls, and animals scattered everywhere.

Than you realize that everything is linked with logic and how easy it could be to die in there, so many things to take into account you will never be 100% sure about what happened.

can't find any hint about vault location, no bulky circuit that let you cross 1/4 of the house with just a couple of saws, first time i see a family path running through the entire house and with multiple mini bunkers.

Really nice job Cylence, i'm gonna take my time to study this map, there's a lot to learn.

Thanks for the complement, mala. Although I'm not sure anybody thought it looked "noobish" from the entrance though. It looked more "noobish" when I had my wooden porch smile. I miss it, it was a very welcoming entrance (all wood), but Iceman's prods early in development made me restructure it to deter him though.

My house isn't that lethal. There's only a few places where there will be surprise death, it mostly kills by entrapment. Although if you brute force, there's a lot of dogs that you'll see that will make wooden doors very risky.

If you are studying for the solution, there's more than one true path. Have fun!

Board footer